Marc Jacobs Beauty

brittbby

I wanna get the starlet palette, its actually $59. Which is a good deal.
I agree, 7 eyshadows for $59 is actually reasonable! the 3 shadows... meh lol! I want the Vamp and Lolita but not available yet! I just got my dior constellation so I'm good on the purple front! Please share if you get it! Just went back and looked at The Starlet... Very tempting!!

vaisforluvrs

I just saw that too! I want the tapered brush, not sure if it's the one for $78. Then I'd have to skip, lol.
According to T, the angled brush is $38, sculpting foundation brush is $48, Liquid Foundation brush is $48, and the bronzer brush is $78 (that has to be a mistake, right? I'm going to ask her).

luvlydee

According to T, the angled brush is $38, sculpting foundation brush is $48, Liquid Foundation brush is $48, and the bronzer brush is $78 (that has to be a mistake, right? I'm going to ask her).
nars has a brush for $75 bucks so $78 doesnt seem to be a mistake lol

brittbby

Bella sugar has the same pricing! Hmmm... That's a pricey brush!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I thought it might be a mistake too because the other ones are that much cheaper. So is the tapered one the bronzer brush?

brittbby

I wasn't going to get anything and of course I couldn't let the 2 day pre sale go without getting something so I ended up getting a palette and a lipgloss. Ill post some pics whenever they arrive :)

sss215

122 items! That was probably mentioned before, but it just sunk in. Talk about kicking the front door open. There are lots of lines that have come out recently that don't have anything like that number of pieces. I'm very curious to hear reviews of the quality, because the colours look amazing.
http://dresstokillmagazine.com/marc-jacobs-beauty/ Here's the link! It has close ups and prices!!!
The amount of items is impressive for a first time out. But since these brands, Sephora,MJ and LVMH are interconnected, so it makes since and money wise, no one is really loosing out here. I can't wait! Everything looks so promising. Allure mag has a write up as well.

Haven

I am waiting for more swatches and/or reviews before getting excited about this collection.

Dominique33

I am waiting for more swatches and/or reviews before getting excited about this collection.
Me too, honestly I think Marc Jacobs makeup is the " high end " Sephora one. Maybe I am wrong but it's a bit déjà vu in my opinion.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Me too, honestly I think Marc Jacobs makeup is the " high end " Sephora one. Maybe I am wrong but it's a bit déjà vu in my opinion.

I'll be interested to see what happens in terms of their placement versus other LVMH brands, especially Guerlain, who have tradtionally been the high end brand. I guess that's still the case in the US, but in Canada, MJ and Guerlain are going to be close to the same price point. The MJ "personality" is younger and edgier, but I find that Guerlain has been broadening their appeal as well in the last few years, offering fresher, more vibrant colours and new formulas to attract a less conservative consumer (without alienating those who loved them already).

brittbby

Looking forward to seeing your treasures and hearing what you think of them! I'll be interested to see what happens in terms of their placement versus other LVMH brands, especially Guerlain, who have tradtionally been the high end brand. I guess that's still the case in the US, but in Canada, MJ and Guerlain are going to be close to the same price point. The MJ "personality" is younger and edgier, but I find that Guerlain has been broadening their appeal as well in the last few years, offering fresher, more vibrant colours and new formulas to attract a less conservative consumer (without alienating those who loved them already). 
I agree! I think MJ will appeal to a younger crowd that buys his Marc by Marc Jacobs bags. I'm 23 and I've honestly never bought Guerlain (the products look great but they aren't as appealing), yet Marc Jacobs just pops to me. I think based on him himself, he's so quirky!

brittbby

So I've been eyeing The Vamp palette and found a picture of I'm guessing a press sample and it looks so different! I still love it just very different than the press pictures released to popsugar and T.
7ae87b4a_image.jpeg

Latest posts