Marc Jacobs Beauty

vaisforluvrs

So I've been eyeing The Vamp palette and found a picture of I'm guessing a press sample and it looks so different! I still live it just very different than the press pictures released to popsugar and T.
Wow. That's disappointing. It is much brighter than I thought it would be.

brittbby

Wow. That's disappointing. It is much brighter than I thought it would be.
It's definitely very different! I think they used it to do this look though
3b4cedaa_image.jpeg
This makes me excited ^!! The fact that it looks lighter makes me wonder what my palette, The Starlet, is going to look like!

katred

Specktra Bestie
So I've been eyeing The Vamp palette and found a picture of I'm guessing a press sample and it looks so different! I still love it just very different than the press pictures released to popsugar and T.
Hm... Still a nice palette, but lacks the autumnal "vampiness" of the press photo. I just loved the collection of deeper/ dustier shades. Ironically, the whole thing seems to harmonise better in the press photo. I'm still eager to see it in person (or in swatches). My guess is that its true colours lie somewhere in between. Thanks for the perspective though!

brittbby

Hm... Still a nice palette, but lacks the autumnal "vampiness" of the press photo. I just loved the collection of deeper/ dustier shades. Ironically, the whole thing seems to harmonise better in the press photo. I'm still eager to see it in person (or in swatches). My guess is that its true colours lie somewhere in between. Thanks for the perspective though!
Ya my guess is the lighting is bright so I agree that it'll be somewhere in the middle!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Our very first peek! Thanks for finding this, Brittbby! The pigmentation looks beautiful and even across the board- maybe a little less on the lightest shade, but it's often hard to tell with those. Honestly, I can't imagine LVMH making such a big deal about this and then not delivering on quality. They're more than capable. Now I really have to see the Vamp palette.

MissTT

The Tom Ford blush brush is $78 and the bronzer brush is $115 so the MJ price point isn't unheard of. I missed out on the 2-day launch b/c I didn't check my email for a few days. (I'm feeling cosmetically overwhelmed.) If my store carries this line I'll be sure to report back.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I was reading this review on Temptalia this morning and I noticed that, although the review itself is on Nars' new blushes, the gloss she's wearing the pics is MJ. Beautiful shade and, to my eye, the perfect amount of colour/ coverage for a gloss.

http://www.temptalia.com/nars-realm-of-the-senses-blush-palette-review-photos-swatches

lippieluv2013

Me too, honestly I think Marc Jacobs makeup is the " high end " Sephora one. Maybe I am wrong but it's a bit déjà vu in my opinion.
Okay...I am not the only one that thought that! I really need to swatch to really get excited about this line. The pics are beautiful but they are not exciting. The foundation sounds like it could be interesting. We shall see.

Dominique33

Okay...I am not the only one that thought that! I really need to swatch to really get excited about this line. The pics are beautiful but they are not exciting. The foundation sounds like it could be interesting. We shall see.
The brand won't be available here so
sigh.gif
but yes the brand sounds like a super sephora one !

katred

Specktra Bestie
The brand won't be available here so
sigh.gif
but yes the brand sounds like a super sephora one !
Well, it might not be available right away... I'm sure that if it's successful, Sephora/ LVMH will bring it into all of their locations. Perhaps that means that you'll be able to get the products once the first round has been improved?

brittbby

I was reading this review on Temptalia this morning and I noticed that, although the review itself is on Nars' new blushes, the gloss she's wearing the pics is MJ. Beautiful shade and, to my eye, the perfect amount of colour/ coverage for a gloss. http://www.temptalia.com/nars-realm-of-the-senses-blush-palette-review-photos-swatches
Yay! I didn't even notice that! Thanks for posting! I got that color so that makes me excited! When their description said sheer. I was expecting way more sheer!

brittbby

If you guys look on Instagram under the hashtag #marcjacobsmakeup, there is a video of someone applying a polish from the line! It looks phenomenal!!