Matte Everything

SassyMochaJess

MUFE #47 is a great dark green(matte). I'm more attracted to shimmer but mattes balance out many looks, especially eye looks...

Rudyru

I've only recently gotten into mattes...mostly because shimmers are starting to annoy me. They don't really look all to polished compared to matte or satin shadows, so I've recently been trying to get as many satins and mattes as I can.

I hate matte lipsticks though. So drying, and with my diet, they just ain't happenin'

Sabrunka

I enjoy matte products as well!!! Most of the time, shimmer isn't for daytime, and I'm usually out in the daytime obviously so I don't want BAM shimmer on my face!! Matte lippies are delish too
smiles.gif

L1LMAMAJ

my new thing is MATTE, MATTE, MATTE!
smiles.gif
i think they have better color payoff and they are easy to blend if you use the right tools. they used to look all splotchy and uneven on me but i just learned to pat the shadow on my lids instead of swiping (for an all over color). it does take some practice but once you get it, it's beeeautiful. i only have a few matte eyeshadows and i wanna get more!

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesesilverstar
Urban Decay has some mattes in their line now too... Anybody have any of them? What's the formula like on those?

I have the UD e/s in Secret Service. It's a medium brown matte color. It's good so far but i don't reach for it much. I should try it out more and let you know later!

MAChostage

I adore Secret Service! It's my go-to crease brown. UD's matte formula is excellent, reminiscent of MAC's Matte2, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
I have the UD e/s in Secret Service. It's a medium brown matte color. It's good so far but i don't reach for it much. I should try it out more and let you know later!

Quote:
Urban Decay has some mattes in their line now too... Anybody have any of them? What's the formula like on those?

Ikara

count me for team matte too!
I use mattes and satins all the time. I love how they look, from sophisticated to super natural or wild, mattes do it all for me!
Matte eyeshadows: MUFE and Make Up Store (I find some MAC mattes hard to work with)
Matte blushes: MUFE and NARS
Matte lippies: MAC and NARS

I
bigheart.gif
super matt loose powder by MUFE

iluvmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
Its a great color but its not matte.

I know, it's a velvet, but the finish is matter than a satin!

iluvmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac
I know, it's a velvet, but the finish is matter than a satin!

Sorry, I meant a VELUXE!!

Pimpinett

I'm a fan of mattes, too. Kryolan is fantastic for matte eyeshadows - nice pigmentation, smooth, blendable and exceptionally good value; you get a lot of product for cheap. Dior also has some gorgeously smooth and velvety mattes.

I don't have a favourite brand for matte lipsticks yet, though - I was broke and missed out on the Mattenes, which is still breaking my heart.

SakurasamaLover

Quote:

I only have one in Narcotic (pretty baby blue) and I like it a lot, silky smooth and really pigmented.
But my true LOVE are MAC Matte pigments if you dont have some you must!!!! I mean... they are awesome... just that much. Plus, you can add any shimmery eyeshadow over a matte and BAM : most deeper color effect and shimmery if it's your thing.
I challenge anyone with some color theory skills to buy Black Black, Pure White, Primary Yellow, Marine Ultra and Basic Red to not be amazed by what you can do with those... like create any shade you feel to...

But yeah I love all of the mattes I have. The most beautiful pink eyeshadow MAC have IMO ? Pink Vivid !!!! (sadly d/c.. run an ask your pro store or CCO if you don't have it..)

I love Veluxe too... I wish they didn't almost discontinue all of them
ssad.gif

Go see QueenofblendingMUA on Youtube.. she has tones of beautiful matte tutorials.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Total team matte here

Go TEAM MATTE!!!!!!!!!!

Ikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakurasamaLover
I challenge anyone with some color theory skills to buy Black Black, Pure White, Primary Yellow, Marine Ultra and Basic Red to not be amazed by what you can do with those... like create any shade you feel to...

I do not have a lot of skills but this challenge sounds very fun! But those MAC pigments are pro, aren't they? I think I'll try with MUFE Pure pigments :p

miss-lilly

I adore mattes as well, especially matte lips
heart.gif

NARS Velvet Matte pencils are awesome! And MAC's matte e/s and l/s are amazing!
th_worship.gif

andicandi3x12

Matte2. I wish they wouldnt d/c them! They are so soft, so blendable and so perfect. They should just make it their matte formula! I absolutely love post haste and Prussian, tete a tint is a perfect sort of cinnamon lid color which is perfet on my NC45 skin, while blanc type pretty much is what vanilla wishes it could be. I love matte2 and have them all!

gabi03

Oh I love matte colors! I've just recently gotten into them, I got tired of the same glitter everywhere on my eyes and on my friggin cheeks. I found some good ones from the MAC pro store, they are super pigmented and blend beautifully!

The matter blushes from NARS are amazing as well as some of their eyeshadow duos.

xxsgtigressxx

I loooooooooove matte colors. I love shimmer equally, but i cannot do a look of all shimmer shadows, its like wearing a bike reflector on my eyes. A nice combo of mattes and shimmers is the way to go. I also love all matte looks, but with matte you need to work at it more because mistakes show up a lot more in terms of blending but when you get it right it is GORGEOUS

andicandi3x12

Can I just say. Mattene lipsticks need to be permanent! I just got ahold of orange dare and you say tomato. SOOOOO Lovely. They should say bye to slimshines and put mattene's in their place.