Meow Cosmetics

Greta

Hey girls,

Has anyone tried the mineral foundation of this brand? I'm especially interested in their "Pampered Puss"-foundation because it contains zinc oxide. You can find their products here.

Any recommendations, experiences?!

Thanks in advance,
Greta

P.S.: I'm using Geografx mineral foundation "Bermuda" at the moment. The colour is perfect, but it could be less shiny. So I'm looking for a mineral foundation that is really matte.

jenii

Honestly? I didn't care for it. I liked their finishing powder, but the foundation wasn't that great, IMO. I have normal skin, very rarely oily, and even *I* got oily breakthrough with their foundation. I ended up looking really shiny.
ssad.gif

Also, I notice my nose broke out a little after wearing their foundation for a day.

But, it could work for you. Just get samples. Fortunately, all I got were samples, so it wasn't much of a loss when it didn't work out for me.

nyrak

I love this line! Their foundation is everything I wanted Alima to be; excellent coverage and undetectable finish. I think they have the best range of colours - but they can be pretty overwhelming; I got about 10 samples, most of which were perfect (or near as!)

I am really oily so I don't expect any MMU by itself to keep my shine at bay, but combined with their finishing powders (all are great as well by the way) I get a matte finish around my nose (my problem area) for most of the day.

I have tried virtually EVERY mineral foundation - from high end Laura Mercier to Urban Decay, BE and most of the online etailers and I honestly believe Meow is my HG (next to Aromaleigh but I have to move heaven and earth to get hold of Aromaleigh as they don't ship internationally!)

ViVaMac

Hi, I love this brand
eyelove.gif

Pampered is very gentle for sensitive skin, I love it ! But the coverage is more sheer than purrr-fect or flawless.

My favorite mix : pampered + concelear undereye or pampered + flawless or pampered and flawless on top
cheerleader.gif
I don't use a kabuki, but a powder brush (make up for ever 32S). Kabuki is hard for sensitive skin after few months.

Advise : never, never put flawless first with a kabuki, but you can put flawless after put another foundation or with a powder brush.

I love the firefly collection, the feliners and the Idealeyes
smiles.gif

I don't like the purrr-fect foundation (my skin is too sensitive), and some scandaleyes, very sheer.

cheerleader.gif

ruqayya33

I've tried their foundations in all three formulations. I had a hard time getting a decent match for my MMM/light CCC complexion - even after several attempts to mix a few shades for a better match. I also thought the finish was a bit too powdery for my taste - despite only using a light hand at application.

I've also sampled a few of Meow's blushes and found the colors to be a bit too artificial looking.

I prefer Alima..... I was inbetween shades here too, but easily figured out a ratio between only 2 shades for a good match. Their matte blushes are also out-of-this-world.

i love their foundation..my fave is flawless feline (when im breaking out) and pampered puss (if i just want to have a sheer coverage)...it's just hard to choose from the shades available coz there are too many...and i can wear almost all the sample shades of foundations i had ordered..hehe..you can have many shades in meow
smiles.gif

i love the firefly blushes...very sheer and pretty on me...it doesnt look chalky like other blushes..you need to pile them up though if you want more color

the e/s are blah! the look pretty gorgeous on the pots but when you applied it on your lids, the colors doesnt show...if i foiled them, they look chalky..this is a waste...

Fearnotsomuch

I adore meow!
I'm waiting for my giant tub, so I had to go back to BE in the mean time, and I can't say that I'm enjoying it.

Meow gives me the best coverage, least shinyness, and best feel all for the best price! I also love the Spark Firefly blush!

grashi

I have ordered at least 10-15 different foundations from them and none of them are a match to my golden Asian skin. Plus, they take literally FOREVER to ship. Because of me waiting for my samples from them, I went ahead and did an order with MAD Minerals after that and still got the MAD stuff before I even got a ship notice from Meow.

I find that Meow is pretty cakey on me, but have found HG status in MAD Minerals instead
smiles.gif
Just my 2 cents!

sugarskull

Hmm...I really want to try their makeup but their website and overall design are attrocious! I can barely find anything on that thing and I have no idea what shades or products to try because the selection is overwhelming.

I think I'll go with Bare Minerals before I try Meow because I don't have the patience to sift through Meow's crappy website.
th_dunno.gif

Briar

I like the Meow Minerals foundation samples I tried well enough but I had to mix two shades to get my perfect shade and I'm just too clumsy to make that work without spilling powder everywhere so I didn't stick with it. I really love their Glow powder which imparts a very subtle shimmer to skin that is very pretty.

suijuris

I quite like their foundation. I like it more than EM's and maybe more than Alima's - haven't decided yet. I have a big tub of Purrfect Puss Naughty Persian and Pampered Puss Frisky Persian and I'm between the two (NW25). Very good coverage IMO.

I keep meaning to do another sample order (shipping $ reasons) but haven't got round to it yet. I am dying to try some of the blushes and eyeshadows. I'm put off by the baggies though - wish they could put them in little plastic jars, much easier to use.

The Crystalline Cat Glow Powder is absolutely out of this world. I can't rave enough about it - I did a big review on MUA extolling its virtues. Everyone should try it!

widdershins

I got into Meow simply because I loved the idea of the different shades being named for different breeds of cats ( I love me some kitties!). The gals at the Meow forum were really helpful at helping me pick out the right shade and $1.00 for samples is really affordable. You get a really good amount of product in the sample, too.

I ended up being a Sleek Sphynx, and I finished a big tub of the Purrfect formula. I had to layer it on to get the amount of coverage I needed (sometimes my skin is crazy!) So I got a tub of Sleek Sphynx in Flawless Feline. I really like the coverage it gives with a thin layer. My only complaint is that Sleek Sphynx is darker in the Flawless Feline formula than Purrfect Puss. It's actually pretty dark on me, so I'm a little disappointed.

I've gotten a lot of eyeshadow samples in my orders and I quite like them. I REALLY liked the Halloween edition eyeshadows, and I'm kinda kicking myself for not getting big versions. The blush is a little eh, probably because I picked the lightest pink, thinking it would be a really pretty pop of color, but it really doesn't show up at all.

Another plus is the Oily Primer and Finishing Powder. Both really make your mineral makeup last, plus the sample of finishing powder is easy to throw in your bag to get rid of the afternoon shinies.

wolfsong

Archetype has large samples of pure white foundation ($2) specifically to mix with your mineral foundation to lighten the colour - i dont know if you would interest you at all (especially as the processing time is about 3 weeks at the mo - though they have just gotten a few helping hands so it should be much quicker soon). However their eyeshadows and lipglosses are amazing, so i should think their foundations are good quality too
smiles.gif

Also cheap shipping and eyeshadow samples for 25 cents (1/8 tsp in a baggie). They make my favourite mineral eyeshadows, and are very talented at creating unique shades without them being un-wearable (just don’t rely too heavily on the swatches – they tend to make the pigments look dull and somewhat ugly)…

ArchetypeCosmetics.com

HTH

Almost black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
Archetype has large samples of pure white foundation ($2) specifically to mix with your mineral foundation to lighten the colour - i dont know if you would interest you at all (especially as the processing time is about 3 weeks at the mo - though they have just gotten a few helping hands so it should be much quicker soon). However their eyeshadows and lipglosses are amazing, so i should think their foundations are good quality too
smiles.gif

Also cheap shipping and eyeshadow samples for 25 cents (1/8 tsp in a baggie). They make my favourite mineral eyeshadows, and are very talented at creating unique shades without them being un-wearable (just don’t rely too heavily on the swatches – they tend to make the pigments look dull and somewhat ugly)…

ArchetypeCosmetics.com

HTH

Unfotunately, it takes them forever to ship the products.
thmbdn.gif
I was waiting mine for about 5 weeks. Something like that. I really forgot that I ordered anything.
th_LMAO.gif
Also, their CS is really bad. Either they don't answer, and if they do it's about a week later.
thmbdn.gif

About Meow, I'm doing my first order now (it's a big one, and it's split in too actually heh) because I found the perfect foundation for me - Pampered Puss Frisky Chausie. I'v never seen such great foundation on my face. It looks really naturaly, I'm not shiny, it lasts forever and simply - it's perfect. Even my boyfriend said it looks great.
thmbup.gif

Ofcourse I had a sample and it's really a large sample - for about max. ten applications and just for 1$. That's actually the only thing I've tried, although I have some eyeshadows and eye liners but didn't get the time to try them a bit better.

I don't know how does their CS work, but I've heard only good things about them. If I try anything else - I'll let you know ofcourse.
winks.gif

p.s. the bad thing is about them is shipping when you order FS products. International shipping for FS products is 14.40$. A bit too much.

mysteryflavored

I LOVE Meow. I have a huge tub of their Frisky Korat foundation in Pampered Puss (as well as the concealer), and I swear they will last me a lifetime. I don't need to use much at ALL, it gives me great coverage without looking unnatural, keeps my oily skin at bay (except for my nose, oh well), and it doesn't irritate my mica-sensitive skin (unlike their eyeshadows, ouch).

I also received both my orders (samples+brush, then full-sized) in less than a week. I think they prioritize their shipments based on samples vs. full-sized, so if you order samples WITH a full-size something else, you'll get it faster.

Almost black.

I forgot to write down news about my order. Since I had a big order, I split it in two so I made two orders actually: 1st one was an order wih full-sizes and samples as well, and 2nd one was an order with samples. As I placed my order, a week later I got an e-mail from them that it's prepared to be shipped and 4 days after that - I received it.
greengrin.gif
About the 2nd one, it was quite the same, only I received it 11 days later. Don't know why it took it so long. Anyway, I like Meow very much but the only thing that I don't like is that they aren't generous with free samples.
greengrin.gif
They've sent me two free samples per order but, they were the same i each order. A bit sillly since I've spent $100 in each order.

arielle123

I love meow! It's one of the few mineral makeup companies that I can find a match in due to their enormous (and sometimes overwhelming) selection of colors in foundations.

I love the foundation. The pampered is very nice as is the flawless for when I want more coverage. The primer for oily skin helps me out to keep the oil at bay, and the crystalline glow is really nice as well. I have really oily skin but when I use the oily skin primer, flawless foundation + a finisher for oily skin it keeps me matte for much longer than anything else I've found. Great prices too!

The new tinted glows and the sizzle bronzer are great (and I'm fair skinned).

I use flawless on bare skin with a kabuki and haven't had any problems. My skin can be sensitive and break out too.

pinkvanilla

Ooo I've been wanting to try Meow for ages so I am going to order some samples
greengrin.gif
I've heard great things about this MMU so looking forward to trying it out!