Meow Cosmetics

loriblu

I also use medium coverage pampered puss, cause I dont need full coverage so its perfect match.I use frisky mau in winter, and naughty mau in summer when I am tanned

apocalypgloss

I wound up spending around $10 to get a shade that I thought was going to work via samples. Although the sample I selected seemed right, the full size was still a bit too light and even the fullest coverage didn't stand up to my Studio Fix. I like to use it as a bit of a finishing powder over my Skin79 BB cream though. Between the coverage of the BB cream and the coverage of the Meow, I get the same coverage as the Studio Fix but with a better overall look (and the skin benefits of the BB).

Meow has some really outstanding blushes. Best thing in the line, really. It is a shame her shipping is so high. I only buy when she has a shipping discount & a percentage off. I remain mostly unimpressed by her shadows.

coffee1

I LOVE Meow's foundation - I have the Purrr-fect Puss in "Naughty Chartreux" and it's a really great match for me. It's totally invisible when it's on my skin, but it evens out my skintone, and I can definitely build the coverage too. I've tried Bare Minerals, Everyday Minerals, and Pur Minerals, and this is SO MUCH BETTER than all of them!

I ordered several samples the first time, and they shipped a bit slowly, but it was pretty reasonable. Then, when I ordered my full-size foundation, it shipped SO SO slowly. I am not happy about that, but the product is SO good that I would still re-order it.

Eisleyan

I've only tried the flawless feline, and I didn't like it! Good coverage but super chalky and hard to blend. Too bad, they have an AMAZING shade range. I do love the under eye concealers, awesome for patting over what liquid or cream concealer didn't cover.

QueenOfSnark

*necro-bump*

Has anyone ordered from Meow recently? Is their shipping still hella slow? Been thinking about picking up a ton of foundation and blush samples...

QueenOfSnark

UPDATE: Just want to say that Meow's foundation (and my new natural skincare routine) totally saved my skin. All my breakouts are GONE. Loving almost every blush I've tried, and the Flawless Feline foundation is my HG. Wearing a 70/30 mix of Slinky and Fierce Abyssinian, and while I wish I had found a perfect match without mixing I'm quite happy.

Aeternally

I also use meow's foundation but in FF Naughty Abbyssinian :), well at least one of the colors I use, a better match is actually Manx and Chartreux mixed in PP formula, but takes too much time to build up the coverage :p. The flawless feline formula truly is great, I love how my face really does look flawless with it
eyelove.gif
And I have many blushes from them as well, my favorite is the taboo line :)
And I simply ADORE their jars! With the cute cat eyes! I also had trouble with acne before, and the regular foundations made it worse, until I 'discovered' mineral foundation ( and meow, and some others. That d*mn Bare Minerals almost turned me away from mineral make up for good! )

makeupmonster

I know a lot of people rave about this brand of MMU, but for me it was just...meh. Personally I think they have WAY too many shade choices which makes finding your *perfect* shade a costly endeavor (I spent like $20 on little sample baggies trying to find my formula and color...and was pretty annoyed when I *still* couldnt find one that suited me..not to mention trying to get powder out of the baggie without getting it all over everything) I found that it was too sparkly. Like, literal, little sparkles in the foundation. I can handle a little sheen (like BE) but this was flat out glitter particles. Noooo thanks.

QueenOfSnark

^ What formulation did you try?

I find it interesting when people complain about Meow having too many choices when I frankly think they don't have enough. The shade jump between the medium and medium-deep range is just silly. Crazy how there's 0-4 for the paler ladies and only 5 & 6 for us tanned folk.
thmbdn.gif

Alima has a longer shade depth range (0-9) but only half the amount of tones Meow has. I might move to Alima next TBH.

makeupmonster

I tried both the Pampered Puss and Flawless Feline formulas. I didn't realize there weren't as many choices for tanner ladies-- I am pretty pale myself, but still wasn't sure whether to go with 0, 1, or 2 for the depth. And then you have 13 different tones-- but I guess if you know your undertone you can narrow it down to 4-6 possibilities. I don't know. Like I said, I tried a bunch of different colors and still couldn't find one that was a perfect match.

I have tried Alima as well, which i found to be quite nice (and not a single fleck of glitter!) With Alima I only ended up ordering a few samples (maybe 3 or 4) and found a perfect match within those samples.

I think it's the amount of tones that makes finding a good match from Meow annoying-- it also doesn't help that the names of the tones aren't user friendly. I remember having to go back over the various kitty breeds several times to make sure I was ordering the correct tones. It's cute, but not very practical.

Hilde

I did find that the Inquisitive Sphynx looked like a match on me so I ordered a jar. I always use cool toned foundations so I'm a bit surprised it matched with having a bit of peach in it. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe the peach helps it not look gray/ashy on me. If undertones are wrong I usually look sickly, like with olive or yellow.

makeupnerdie

meow is pretty good
My holy grail brow product is the Brow Beaters Brow Taming Loose Mineral Powders (dark brown) from Meow Cosmetics. I actually tossed my Shiseido "The Makeup" Natural Eyebrow Pencil (Deep Brown) for it. I haven't tried their mineral foundation yet but I'm very interested to try it also. Have you used their mineral foundation? Anyt thougts? Sounds like a great product according to the commenters in this thread. :)