Meow Cosmetics

widdershins

I've come to the conclusion that Meow is my HG foundation. I've strayed to Everyday Minerals (it broke me out severely!) and MAC (too dark!) but now I have returned. Has anyone tried the contouring and brow powders? The new products look really interesting.

mysteryflavored

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdershins
I've come to the conclusion that Meow is my HG foundation. I've strayed to Everyday Minerals (it broke me out severely!) and MAC (too dark!) but now I have returned. Has anyone tried the contouring and brow powders? The new products look really interesting.

Omg, where? I need to see these!!

widdershins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryflavored
Omg, where? I need to see these!!

What's New from Meow Cosmetics

They're called "Skinny Dippers" and they're really cool because you can buy the type made especially for your foundation shade. I am going to make an order pretty soon because I'm lemming for the Brow Beaters and the Sunsplashers, too.

mysteryflavored

Quote:
What's New from Meow Cosmetics

They're called "Skinny Dippers" and they're really cool because you can buy the type made especially for your foundation shade. I am going to make an order pretty soon because I'm lemming for the Brow Beaters and the Sunsplashers, too.

Oh no, I guess I'll be adding that to my wishlist! It's a good thing my birthday is coming up in a couple months.
greengrin.gif

widdershins

I just made an order, because I have a weak will, haha. I got $20 worth of samples including the Skinny Dippers, Sunsplashers, Brow Beaters, the new blushes, etc. You'll have to let me know what you end up getting! I love their samples because you get so much! The only downside is that I have to use a little brush because my big ones don't fit through the mouth of the bag.

mysteryflavored

Quote:
I just made an order, because I have a weak will, haha. I got $20 worth of samples including the Skinny Dippers, Sunsplashers, Brow Beaters, the new blushes, etc. You'll have to let me know what you end up getting! I love their samples because you get so much! The only downside is that I have to use a little brush because my big ones don't fit through the mouth of the bag.

I always pour little bits of my samples onto a compact mirror and use my regular-sized brushes on them. I couldn't imagine digging for product through those tiny bag openings.
th_dunno.gif

widdershins

Quote:
I always pour little bits of my samples onto a compact mirror and use my regular-sized brushes on them. I couldn't imagine digging for product through those tiny bag openings.
th_dunno.gif

Oh that's a really good idea! Haha I make things waaaay to hard for myself sometimes.

magia

Meow's mineral foundation is the best for my oily skin! I love it. I use Pampered puss, didn't like Flawless feline or Purrrfect puss. But I'm sure that they are too chalky for dry or even normal skin. Flawless feline it's a bit creamer, it's not so powdery and chalky like other two.

widdershins

Just have to throw my 2 cents in: I LOVE Meow's Skinny Dippers. I actually switched from Sphynx to Mau and the color matches my skin tone much better. The Skinny Dipper is foolproof--seriously! Contouring has never been easier for me.

Heiaken

I've been meaning to try out mineral foundation for quite some time now and have decided to order some samples from Meow, but now I face problem. Wich shades shoud I try our? I'm a bit lost wiht all the options.. I'm NC15 for the reference.

mysteryflavored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiaken
I've been meaning to try out mineral foundation for quite some time now and have decided to order some samples from Meow, but now I face problem. Wich shades shoud I try our? I'm a bit lost wiht all the options.. I'm NC15 for the reference.

I'm somewhere around NC15, too (maybe darker sometimes). First, I tried to determine my undertones. After concluding that I have almost yellowish undertones (with red overtones), I ordered Korat and Siamese in both Inquisitive and Sleek (along with a Sleek Chartreux, which was way too yellow for me). I think it's a good idea to order a sample or two of Siamese, so that you can see how far from "neutral" you deviate.

I ended up ordering a full-size jar of Frisky Korat, because the Sleek was just a little too light (and summer was just about to happen). All of the shades (especially the Pampered Puss formula) are very buildable and forgiving. I love how Meow offers almost any conceivable shade to its customers. The light shades are amazingly pale, though, so if you're used to ordering the palest shade of foundation available to you, you may need to stick with Sleek or Frisky shades.

(I'd also just like to point out that the Korat swatches on the website seem much yellower than they actually are)

mysteryflavored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiaken
Whats the quality of their brushes? Are they worth of ordering?

I only have the short-handled luxury flat-top brush (natural hair), and I really like it. For the price, it's a dense, soft brush that applies the foundation beautifully. I had some shedding issues at first, but now it's fine.

I think I may order a fiber optic brush with my next order, whenever that is.

magia

Heiaken, their brushes quality is good, but you can get almost same brushes for much cheaper price. Coastal scent has good brushes and they are really cheap! Except one Meow's eyeshadow brush is really good, it reminds me a lot of MAC's 239! I can't remember the name, but it was worth 10 dollars.

And about shades, I think you should try many colours in Sleek-category. MAC has just warm and cold tones, but Meow has more. Try just samples first to find out the perfect shade for you!
yes.gif

vivify

Quote:
I only have the short-handled luxury flat-top brush (natural hair), and I really like it. For the price, it's a dense, soft brush that applies the foundation beautifully. I had some shedding issues at first, but now it's fine.

I think I may order a fiber optic brush with my next order, whenever that is.

ehh I think their brushes are overpriced. If you are thinking about getting the silver handled fiber optic brush from them, don't bother. You can get the same exact brush for half the price at Essential Beauty Supplies - Makeup Brushes

widdershins

Hey chicas! I just got an e-mail from Meow (I highly suggest you sign up for their newsletter, because they send you sales codes!) and look what is debuting for Halloween:

"In a word, ... BOO! We're debuting our new line of Premium Halloween Costume Makeup! No more need for the awful pore clogging, heavy face paints found in the Costume and discount stores. Make no mistake, these is top quality mineral face colors for costumes. They feel great on the skin, and have all the quality you expect from Meow Cosmetics. These colors are non-comedogenic, long wearing, and comfortable."

I am so freaking excited because I am on the hunt for some really good quality Halloween makeup.

InspiredBlue

I ordered some foundation samples from Meow a while ago. Today I decided to start testing them - I like my BE Fairly Light, but I feel it's just slightly not right for me.

The first one out is Flawless Feline in Sleek Siamese, and it looks pretty good. I'll wear this one for a few more days, and try some of the other shades I got, but this might be my new foundation.
greengrin.gif

Does anyone else use Meows foundations? What are your experiences?

shatteredshards

I received my first order today - a good $30 worth of samples - and I have to say, my initial impressions are very good. I ordered on Thanksgiving (due to Phyrra blogging a promo code) and knew they wouldn't be getting those orders ready until December 1st thanks to an announcement on the site - well, needless to say I wasn't expecting my order already on the 4th.

I thought it was very cute how the samples all came in a little leopard print bag. It's one of those very distinctive things that help you remember a company.

I also took note of the invoice - I always like a hand-written thank you, but it made me feel good about my order and the company itself to see that two different people signed off on my invoice as having checked my order.

I nabbed a bunch of colors from the Holiday 2009 collections, Merry Mayhem, 12 Pains, and some Ghosts of Christmas Past shades as well, and there's a lot of really pretty colors. I gravitated towards the cool colors, greens/blues/purples, and I didn't even wind up with colors duplicate to what I already have. Considering that everytime I branch out from my favored MMU I wind up with dupes, copycats, and repacks, I'm pretty thrilled about receiving completely unique colors from Meow.

I cannot wait to use these babies, I'm very excited.

loriblu

I love meow foundation ,its perfect for mixed skin in my opinion..I dont need a blot powder afer using meow and it never broke me out!

keijukainen

Which foundation are you using loriblu?

I love Meow's Pampered Puss foundation in Sleek Persian, it's light but buildable and it's perfect for my dry skin. I just finished my first munchkin and already got a new one
smiles.gif