Milani e/s swatches

krystalena

Hey everyone, I'm new here and I was browsing around and saw that a lot of you were curious about Milani shadows and how the compare to MAC. Well, I can't be one to say how the compare to what, but I do own quite a few Milani shadows and thought I would do a few swatches on my hand so you can see what they look like before buying them! I hope this is resourceful! All of them are with Vaseline as a base

Swatches.jpg

swatches2.jpg

1-Atlantis
2-Garden Mist
3-Enchantment
4-Shock (my fav)
5-Mercury
6-Taffy
7-Sheer Sand
8-Silver Bullet
9-Icy Plum
10-Storm

yoonjungifer

WTH?! The colors look so much bolder applied over vaseline. I own about 5 of the Milani shadows and I couldn't get the colors to show up at all even over a cream colour base. :/

Well, thanks so much for sharing this! You have officially convinced me to start expanding my Milani eye shadow collection, lol!

Showgirl

Now I NEED icy plum, lol!

It's weird that they pop so much better with vaseline.... I use Paint mainly as a base, and my "Shock" and "Garden Mist" still go on pretty sheer.... though I found "Silver Bullet" and "Enchantment" to be fine over Paint...

krystalena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoonjungifer
WTH?! The colors look so much bolder applied over vaseline. I own about 5 of the Milani shadows and I couldn't get the colors to show up at all even over a cream colour base. :/

Well, thanks so much for sharing this! You have officially convinced me to start expanding my Milani eye shadow collection, lol!

they are awesome with a good base!!!

krystalena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showgirl
Now I NEED icy plum, lol!

It's weird that they pop so much better with vaseline.... I use Paint mainly as a base, and my "Shock" and "Garden Mist" still go on pretty sheer.... though I found "Silver Bullet" and "Enchantment" to be fine over Paint...

yea, i really like icy plum! i used shade sticks as bases too before, but the color just doesn't pop as much with the shade sticks as it does with the vaseline

Dani

Oh man I need Sheer Sand!
Last night I put Garden mist straight on one eyelid and on the other I put it over UDPP and the difference was amazing, It went from sheer to completely vibrant. Doesn't Vaseline feel greasy on your eyelids? I remember once in 7th grade I tried to use it as an 'eye gloss'...it felt like I dipped my face in some melted butter
rofl.gif

krystalena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
Oh man I need Sheer Sand!
Last night I put Garden mist straight on one eyelid and on the other I put it over UDPP and the difference was amazing, It went from sheer to completely vibrant. Doesn't Vaseline feel greasy on your eyelids? I remember once in 7th grade I tried to use it as an 'eye gloss'...it felt like I dipped my face in some melted butter
rofl.gif

lol...i don't put enough on for it to feel greasy

XShear

Now, I'm convinced that I have to try more Milani shadows! I have a 2 or so already .. but, I MUST have that Icy Plum ...

prppygrl69

Ah you make me want Milani shadows.I used to have some but they never seemed to show up when i used them.You inspired me to go and try to find some of these colors...especially shock :-D

milota

I LOVE Milani shadows!! I've never used Vaseline as a base, but it seems to really make the colors stand out! Do you mind sharing your method on how you do it? Like, apply a thin layer of Vaseline w/ your finger/brush and then apply the eyeshadow w/ brush/finger? Hehe! If you use brushes, does it make the brushes sticky? Thanks!!!

lol.gif

PS - I LOVE your FOTDS with the Milani shadows!!

krystalena

Quote:
Originally Posted by milota
I LOVE Milani shadows!! I've never used Vaseline as a base, but it seems to really make the colors stand out! Do you mind sharing your method on how you do it? Like, apply a thin layer of Vaseline w/ your finger/brush and then apply the eyeshadow w/ brush/finger? Hehe! If you use brushes, does it make the brushes sticky? Thanks!!!

lol.gif

PS - I LOVE your FOTDS with the Milani shadows!!

I love the shadows too!! They are my fav! haha

anyway,
i put on a really thin layer of vaseline with my finger, i guess you could use a brush if you like, but i feel in control using my finger. and no it doesn't make my brushes sticky, i was worried about that to at first but if you pat the shadow on instead of rubbing it on (if that makes sense) the brush doesnt touch the vaseline...i think this sounds confusing lol. i'll try to post a video of me doing it if you would like....

milota

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalena
I love the shadows too!! They are my fav! haha

anyway,
i put on a really thin layer of vaseline with my finger, i guess you could use a brush if you like, but i feel in control using my finger. and no it doesn't make my brushes sticky, i was worried about that to at first but if you pat the shadow on instead of rubbing it on (if that makes sense) the brush doesnt touch the vaseline...i think this sounds confusing lol. i'll try to post a video of me doing it if you would like....

Thanks!! I think I understand it more now! That would be cool if you could post a video too!!

xiahe

wow the colors look so vibrant with vaseline! forget spending $14 on some UDPP or MAC paint....
clap.gif

thelilprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumemiru
Is Taffy the one in the 4-in-one case?

i've seen taffy as a single pan color. my local drugstores have limited color selection
weeping.gif
hoping to find a store with more because the website lists a bunch of colors.

Showgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showgirl
I buy mine from ebay for like $2 / £1.30 each. Steal!

PS, they depot beautifully into MAC palettes :)

Latest posts