Mineralize Satinfinish Foundation [information & images]

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by renew
Feb. 1st is Thursday, sweetie. Tomorrow is the 31st.
smiles.gif
But I don't know when the actual date is, some say 1st and some say 8th (my birthday! heehee).

Duh! Time to pull my head out!
lol.gif
I'm so pretty. Tee hee hee. Thanks.
smiles.gif

Brelki

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
Feb. 8th is the date I was given on a MACCosmetics.com live-chat.

2nd that.
ssad.gif
I was hoping for the 1st too, bu oh well. She also said the natural msfs will be permanent.

m4dswine

The 8th is the UK release date I think, 1st is the US date. Unless all of a sudden MAC are planning simultaneous UK/US release of something
icon_eek.gif
lol

poddygirl

That would explain why the collection isn't yet up on the website ... it must be getting released next Thursday
ssad.gif

becca

I do not understand the world any more. Tomorrow is the release date in germany. We normally get all looks later than the US.

So, tomorrow I will have a look fpr the liquid foundation and the shimpagne. Im so happy. I tought it would take at least 4 weeks before we get it in germany.

becca

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tiffany
Can the matte MSFs be used to reduce shine or is it more to add color?

Both. I am a Medium, but use a bit of Dark or Deep Dark as contour or as a bronzer. HTH
smiles.gif

becca

I bought the shimpage today. Looks nice, but I dont know fot what I can use it. i dont like it for blush. perhaps for e/s. i will try.

and i got a sample of the mineralize satin foundation in NW20. feels very good on the skin, but for me it is a little to sparkling. its a light glow with very small glitter particles in it. i personally like a more matte finish.

becca

Janice

Meh, sometimes I think the internal communication is just that poor?
th_dunno.gif
So... who knows? It sure is frustrating, that I do know. All we want to know is when we can expect this to be available to us, the consumer, for purchase.

So I imagine I should put up a disclaimer with Color Stories which contain a release date. Please confirm the date with your local counter, or wait until the color story details are confirmed (which usually happens closer to the release date).
greengrin.gif

Makeuplovingal

I was at my MAC store today and the MA was getting the skinfinshes ready for display for next week. I got to see the new 134 brush and the 227. Both looked nice. The 134 looked like a very nice powder brush. I thought she said it was going to retail for $62USD and was LE for them (Macy's MAC), but she thought it might not be LE for MAC stores. The 227 she said was not LE. It would be a good brush for apply a wash to eyes or apply foundation under the eyes, around the nose, etc.

They didn't have the mineralize liquid foundation yet, though. The MA said she had tried it and loved it. She said it gave a doll-like finish and the coverage is light to medium. It isn't a matte foundation either as becca above also said.

--Lori

Oh, and forgot to add that my MA said that the colors for the new liquid will be all the same colors as the other MAC liquid foundations.

Shawna

OMG, I am getting so excited for this foundation. I sure hope it doesn't bother my skin. It sounds exactly like what I want in a foundation
smiles.gif

Makeuplovingal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
OMG, I am getting so excited for this foundation. I sure hope it doesn't bother my skin. It sounds exactly like what I want in a foundation
smiles.gif

I know, me too! I was so hoping I could check out the box so I could see the ingredients. I have such sensitive skin, too, so I am hoping this one will work for me! Now I'll have to go back next Thursday. Oh, darn!!
smiles.gif

Fizzymartini

Ach, I'm so torn! I really, really want to try these foundations - I've wanted to use mineral foundations for ages. I really love my Moistureblend NC30
eyelove.gif
, but feel it's a little heavy for everyday use; I was going to get Urban Decay's Surreal Skin Mineral foundation before hearing about this MAC release!

I'm still unsure though... I really need it, like, NOW; plus while the UD's been around long enough for people to confidently recommend it after use, it's always tricky with new products to know how likely it'll break people out.

And, I have no idea how much it'll cost in the UK (anyone have a clue?); the Live Chat person wasn't allowed to discuss pricing!
hmm.gif
Hm. To wait, or not to wait? That is the question...

m4dswine

Oo I am in the same dilemma... but if its not a matte one then i don't think I'll bother, not bust a gut to get it (although I am almost out of foundation... to stick with SFF?) because anything with any kind of sparkle or shimmer in it makes me look like i've been dipped in oil... not a good look.

Oh well... I shall have a look round the counter on Sunday for my options...

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Meh, sometimes I think the internal communication is just that poor? ...

Speaking as a former MAC employee, sometimes their communication is really poor.

EmbalmerBabe

Hey sorry if this is a repeated question and I did not see it,
are these permanent?
update I just called cause I had to know..haha

I just called MAC at my Macy's and said
both the foundation and the powders are permanent
and they come out tomorrow. 2-8-07

EmbalmerBabe

I went to check this stuff out today. I noticed the Shimpagne
(which the MAC folks said is permanent too) does not look
anything like the Shimpagne I saw with the A Muse collection and passed on. It looks so different! Did any one notice that too?
The small chunky brush is cool,I am thinking about picking it up.
The Mac website says you can use it on your eyes or face.
I passed on the liquid foundation and just got a sample of it to try it out first.
I did purchase the natural MSF powder in the second lightest color up.
Not sure what I think of it yet. It is quite sheer.
When I tried the liquid foundation on my hand it hand a strange scent and seemed kind of glue-y. Hard to describe it did not feel satiny.
I won't judge it yet until I try it in the morning and see how it does.
smiles.gif

Oh does any one know if these Natural Mineralize Skin Finishes
are the same as those that came out with the Avante Gold
collection?
Im curious...thankyou
smiles.gif