Mixing Medium...

Nineveh

I use it exactly like Machostage..... I find if you use the mixing medium with an eyeliner brush and a little pigment you get beautiful results.

ollieo

Another mixing medium Q - if you get a sample for example and mix in the medium, can you put the cover back on and still have the medium/pigment mix all ready to go the next day?

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollieo
Another mixing medium Q - if you get a sample for example and mix in the medium, can you put the cover back on and still have the medium/pigment mix all ready to go the next day?

That's a good question, I've never tried that (I always "mix as I go"). I don't know why it wouldn't stay, as long as you secure the cover tightly. If you should try it please report back and let us know how it worked out for you.

wildesigns

I've used the MAC Mixing Medium (water based) and it stung my eyes like mad so tried saline solution and have no complaints with it for making the pigments wet or for making accent liners out of pigments. I also have been using an alcohol-free hair gel (I know it sounds whacked) for my MAC Chromacakes to make my eyeliners (I only use cake) and let me tell you, they stay put all day and then some whereas the saline would give me a tad of smudge sometimes on my one droopy lid.

I've used PD Transformer & On Set/Off Set Duo from Smashbox and I love what I'm using better than anything hands down not to mention it's dirt cheap, saving me more for MAC!
smiles.gif

~LadyLocks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauddi77
how much does the water base mixing medium cost?

I think it costs around $15 or somewhere around that. Check out the MAC product price list in this forum, I believe I seen the price there.

diesel

Mixing Medium Gel

Hi! Looking to convert some shadows into liners. Would MM gel be the best for this? The problem is that as liner, my shadows migrate. Does MM gel keep things in place, or would I have to go for something like Benefit She-Laq?

TIA!

Shawna

I second the eyeliner mixing medium for pigments and glitter. As for shadows, I prefer something more liquid like Paula Dorf transformer. It holds the eyeshadow in place as a liner and lasts all day on me. I just noticed that you are in Canada. Lise Watier makes a product called Metamorphix that is identical to the Paula Dorf stuff.

diesel

I've heard of the Lise Watier being a great one! Just as well since I'm 2 and a half hours from the nearest pro store. Will keep an eye out for the liner mm though, thanks for the tips!

giz2000

The MM Gel has alcohol in it and irritates the heck out of your eyes (ask me how I know this...go ahead...
ohboy.gif
)

bebs

I use fix + and or just the water from my eye (when doing waterline) when the brush gets damp it will keep it in place

also just a warning when getting the shadow wet you'll have to scrape the harden part off because sooner or later you wont be albe to get it

Deirdre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
I just noticed that you are in Canada. Lise Watier makes a product called Metamorphix that is identical to the Paula Dorf stuff.

Absolutely. The Lise Watier Metamorfix is amazing, I'm using it to make my Well-Plumed e/s into an e/l. Haha, it's the only part of my eyeshadow that does.not.budge all day! I use the eye primer, too, and have to say, my eyeshadow stays on a lot longer when I use it.

Definitely check Lise Watier out, there are some good accessory products (like the Metamorfix), and they have pretty nice eyepencils, too.

baby_love

Quote:
Originally Posted by a914butterfly
too faced liquify works great too!! it converts any eyeshadow into an eyeliner.

it does turn any e/s in an eyeliner, but the sponge tip gets stained and so if you don't wipe it off completely, it turns the stuff in the bottle a weird color and so your e/l's turn out to be completely different colors. at least that's what happened with me. BUT the liquif-eye kit that they now have with the e/s pallet is awesome, the e/s's are great, I just wish I didn't have to get the liquif-eye crap toooo.

she laq is great also, it seriously stays on ALL DAY LONG.

wildesigns

I was looking into the Gel Medium until I saw the alcohol biz in it. Anyway, I ran across an enormous bottle of gel for get this, $1, at the Dollar Tree. It's hair gel, has aloe in it as well as the same basic ingredients as most gels but no alcohol. Let me tell you, the stuff doesn't irritate my eyes and stays put like a charm! I've just used it for making liners and can't be happier.
cheerleader.gif

bpumpkin

Dupe for mixing medium?

I believe I read something about making a dupe for mixing medium but now I can't find it. Anyone know how to make some? Water-based.

baby_love

I hear mixing medium is nothing more than distilled water...I saw a big jug of it at wallgreens the other night for like...5 bucks haha, much better than paying 15 or so dollars for 1.7 ounces (I think) of Mixing Medium.

labwom

I had mixing medium(water based) and when I ran out I used water. It worked just as good as the mixing medium. I never bought another bottle again, I use water to this day and it works absolutely perfect!

Latest posts