Mixing Medium...

m4dswine

I am trying mixing medium for the first time today.

I have used water in the past, but for black its a bit more tricky, i tend to need something with a bit more 'cling' to it for a full on black look.

I am finding the face and body creases a little bit... anyone else find this?

madkitty

mixing medium help

how do you use it with piggies - do you tip some of the piggie into a lid and then add the mixing medium? dont you end up wasting when you do it this way?

MacVirgin

i damp my brush and brush light on some piggie on the lid or from a sample container. You can put some piggie a side in a jar to play with. Do not soak the brush, just damp it and paint the piggie on the skin. It should apply smooth
smiles.gif

mima

pigments and mixing medium

i always used to dip my brush in mixing medium and then in pigment to apply, but i read somewhere about instead putting mixing medium on my eyelid, like a base, and then applying the pigment. it worked like a charm. foolproof!

Ascella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne
great tip!!! what brush do you use to apply MM onto the eyelid?

I'm wondering about the same thing.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne
great tip!!! what brush do you use to apply MM onto the eyelid?

I'm wondering the same thing, too.:confused:

Indigowaters

Mixing Medium

I want to get this because I heard it boosts the color of pigments and things, but how do you use it? I mean, what do you mix it in and how do you apply it? If possible, could someone do a tutorial on this?

Indigowaters

Mixing Medium

Ok, I wasn’t aware that the makeup questions forum was closed, so I’ll post my questions here:
I see everyone talking about using mixing medium with pigments to make the colors pop more, but how do you use it? How do you mix it together? If anyone could show some tutorials on this I’d be grateful. I’d hate to get it and waste a lot of it by not knowing how to apply it. Thanks in advance!

patentg33k

There are three different mixing mediums (at least--it's hard to keep up!)

1. Mixing medium/ body. (I don't own this)
2. Mixing medium/ eye-a liquid that comes in a bottle. I squeeze a small drop on the back of my hand, and transfer an e/s brushful to the back of my hand and mix the two together. That usually gives me enough for both eyes.
3. Mixing medium in a gel form in a tube for eyeliner (haven't tried this yet).

Hopefully this will get you started. Have fun!
smiles.gif

prinzessin784

I used to use Mixing Medium with my pigments until I realized that water did the same thing for me haha. I just dampen my brush with it and then dip it in the pigment, or if I know I'll be using a lot I mix it up in a sample jar.

baby_love

yeah, Mixing Medium is an awesome thing to have. It's especially good to use with Lustures. I just drop a bit on the back of my hand, dampen firm brush like the 242 or 252 (just a little bittt) with it and then pick up some eyeshadow and apply. I think it makes them go on less chunky and look less flakey.
with pigments, I like to drop a little MM on the back of my hand, get some pigment on the brush, and then mix them on the back of my hand. I use MM mainly with Matte pigments, since they are easier to go on when wet. And Chunky pigments (like Rose and Steel Blue) and it makes them go on like the color in the jar. Not a grose glittery mess.
but honestly...I think someone told me that Mixing Medium is just distilled water...which would be a real shame considering you can get 500000 gallons for 2 dollars at walgreens.
Eyeliner and Mascara mixing mediums are gels. they are really nice, but I notice that after a few hours, they begin to flake :-(

then there is Mixing Medium for the body and Mixing Medium gel, which I think are for super professional use.

oohh sorry I wrote so damn much haha! I just really like this stuff, and pretty much all pro items are awesome!

MissLynette

I've found the best thing to use with pigments and shadows are either the shadesticks/paint in a similar color or neutral color <3

MiCHiE

Yeah a few people make their own mixing medium with a few drops of glycerin and distilled water. Some people use Visine. It depends on what your wallet is looking like. I use mine the same as baby_love--a drop on the back of my hand and mix.

m4dswine

I use saline, I wear contacts so always have huge bottles around.

I also keep the little trays my lense come in as mixing palletes, they are a perfect shape for mixing saline with pigments.

Sundae

Mixing Mediums

What are mixing mediums? I've seen them on ebay but i don't know how to use it.. Does anyone know what they are for?