Mixing Medium...

MACATTAK

Re: Mac Pigment Medium and Mixer? Explain... ???

Yes, yes, and yes. Mixing medium does make pigments more vibrant,and also helps any type of glitter adhere.

stellarx1587

The mixing mediums are great to use with the pigments, like the previous poster stated. Just make sure that if you're gonna use the mixing medium with your pigments for your face, use the water based one. Its safe for your facial skin. The alcohol based mixing medium is more for body use (i.e. Body art, design, body makeup, etc.) HTH

User49

hmm.gif
Hmmm... I don't know. I think I need to give it a try. If I don't like it I can always sell it. There seemed to be a lot of debate about if it's any good or not. I want to make my pigments liners though so it might work. If it doesn't ... ebay!
thmbup.gif

chikata

Water-Based Mixing Medium

I heard that this works great with pigments, and I would like to try it. However, all the MACs around me don't have any and never will have any in stock (apparently they only sell them at MAC pro stores or something) and they also don't have it on the site.

Are there any other companies/brands that have water-based mixing meduim that work good with the MAC pigments?

AudreyNicole

Is there something wrong with my mixing medium?

I just bought some from a sale, and when I got it,one of the little beads in the bottle is stuck in the top of the bottle. It is covering the hole and the liquid won't come out. I have to squeeze the dropper part to allow a TINY bit to come out. Just wondering if the bead is supposed to be in the spout, or if it got stuck up there. Any ideas how to get it out? I tried sticking a pin in the hole, and it didn't budge... :confused:

MiCHiE

Re: Is there something wrong with my mixing medium?

It's stuck. You need to poke it back down. It happens to mine sometimes as I'm using it, but I can usually bang it on the dresser to remedy it.

baby_love

mine does that all the time. I just close it and bang it lightly on a counter or something.

Hilly

Haha that happened to me..i bought mine from Ebay and thought I was scammed. I just had to play with it. Try keep using a pin or banging it. Its only plastic so it wont break lol

bebs

I've done the same thing with mine, I will bang it on the desk, sometimes carpet or anything like that .. shake it alot. it will sooner or later work fine
smiles.gif

me_jelly

As mentioned above, bang it (well, gently lol) on a counter and the bead should pop back down

panda0410

LOL... Mine was exactly the same!! Bang it, it will come out
smiles.gif

user79

Mine's the same. Worst construction ever.

tiramisu

LOL just beat the hell out of it. Good stress reliever. I agree on the construction... apparently its a problem

addicted2mac

Please excuse me in advance if this is an outrageously dumb question that all MAC lovers would already know. lol. But how do I get my hands on mixing medium? I'm not a MAC Pro member, and neither do I live anywhere near a Pro Store. Or...I've heard somewhere here that some of you have made your own versions of mixing medium. Anyone care to share their recipe? =) But yeah, I really want to get me some mixing medium. Any feedback on this is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

karya

hello, newbie to this forum
smiles.gif

what i usually do is fill up a small spritzing bottle (the 50ml type from drugstores) with water and spray/mist my eyelids before applying pigments or e/s on it. this is good when applying on a large area, and it's very lasting (i have oily eyelids) especially for pigments. e/s is subjective, depends on the type.

for detail work like eye-lining, i will spray on the back of my hand, load my brush with pigment or e/s and mix it well before application. this prevents me from transferring moisture to the pigments and e/s (i stay in a humid country and damp stuffs are mold heaven).

zwfan

can anybody help me get one? i dont even have a mac counter at my local, let alone pro store...cry...

majacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupmartyr
Besides ebay if i don't live near a pro store is there any way to get mixing medium?? i want to try it so bad!

I made it myself (1part glycerine and 3 parts water) and the result is the same as with the original MAC product.
clap.gif

Karyn

I have only used my Mixing Medium a couple of times and I like it! I put a drop into a little paint palette that I got at Walmart and then touch my brush on the lid of the pigment, so I get a bit on, then dip it into the drop of MM and it works good. It does absorb right into the brush, though. It stings a bit, but I don't worry about it.

Karyn

kblakes

I just tried ordering mixing medium from the customer service number and she said I HAD to be a pro member to order it. Does anyone know when this changed or was the lady just not wanting to do my order?