Mixing Medium...

1165Cheryl

Can anyone recommend something to put on my eyes to hide some new wrinkles I've gotten? also I have a scar under my right eye, is there anything to "fill" in those ares first before applying my foundation and pigments?

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
A wrinkle filler maybe? A few different companies make them, you could ask for samples in a department store and see which one suits you best.

Thanks for your suggestion, now I just need to find a good one
smiles.gif

Can anyone suggest some good ones? due to my health and where I live I'm not close to any malls. Which ever is the best brands any suggestions would be great
smiles.gif
Also is there another forum I should be asking about this besides the mixing medium one??

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnayluvs1
Hey Ladies,

I've made my own mixing medium using that same 3 parts water, to 1 part glycerin. I went to rite aid and walmart and they have glycerin for about $3 bucks! It's a little hard to find though . .check around the pharmacy and shaving needs aisles. I also picked up a little spray bottle for .50 - $1.00 to put it in after.

My experience is that it works just as well as the $14+ mixing medium from MAC. I've never had a burning or cold/tingling sensation like those who use the actual MAC stuff.

For application I used an old eyelash tray from MAC. I put my pigment in, and squirt a tiny bit of the homemade mixing medium. I find it alot easier doing it that way because I can take it EVERYWHERE! No need to get a dish or other kinds of container to mix it in.

The home made stuff doesn't crease either! Total cost for me to make it was about $5 bucks.

Hi,
My question is regarding the consistency of your homemade mixing medium. I have never used MAC's mixing medium so I am unsure of how thick it should be. I made mine with 3 parts water to 1 part glycerin and it seemed quite watery. Is this your experience?

aznbaybee4u

can you just wet the tip of the brush and apply pigment and glitter? without mixing medium? or is it better or worse? thanks!

jolener

is it no longer a pro item because i see it on the regular website, but i don't see a pic, jsut the red ex but i do see a descrip

marinasmith

I think the Mixing Medium is better than just water, because of the glicerine.
If you don't have the money to purchase or you just want to try it out a few times before actually buying it, you can make something simmilar at home.

Three parts of water and one part pure liquid glicerine mixed together equals Mixing Medium.

Here's a video about it on Youtube: YouTube - Homemade Mixing Medium

Fiberluver

I just picked up the matte mixing medium from MAC to mix with pigments for lipsticks.

Any ideas of how to use this?

Thanks!

TheLadyDanger

I just picked up the matte mixing medium from MAC to mix with pigments for lipsticks.

Any ideas of how to use this?

Thanks!
Never done this before, but I'm going to make a smart guess and maybe cut a piece of the lipstick and mix it on a palette with the pigment and mixing medium? Good luck!

Fiberluver

Also, How do you use a matte mixing medium w/pigments? I mixed one with a bit of mixing medium and got a very creamy effect.

What is the best way to use this product?

Latest posts