Must Have Paint Pots?

Ladydee91500

Hello everyone again...
So my question for today is what paint pots are must haves?
I've got sooo much MAC but never invested in these. They look fun but there's sooo many from what I've been reading (both perms and LEs). Any help would be great!

MzzRach

Bare Study. Works with virtually any look - and also looks pretty alone for a very soft, subtle eye.

NicksWifey

I agree with the others, Bare Study & Painterly for sure. I like to use Bare Study when I want to wear shimmery eyeshadows and pigments. I love Painterly for everyday.
I also think Delft is another must have, especially if you want to do a smokey teal/blue/green look.

Moxy

Another vote for Bare Study!

And I'd also reccomend Blackground - I use it either as a base, on its own (but it has to be blended well) or as a liner.

I also like Greenstroke, but they're discontinuing it
ssad.gif

nursee81

I am glad you posted this I wanted to pick up another PP, but didn't know which one to get. I was looking forward to the ungaro one but I don't know what happened.

Ladydee91500

Ok so far I've got Delft, Painterly, bare study, quite natural, rubenesque, and blackground.

How nice is quite natural and rubenesque?
i'm doing this all this online - so thank you all so much for your help.

Ladydee91500

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
I am glad you posted this I wanted to pick up another PP, but didn't know which one to get. I was looking forward to the ungaro one but I don't know what happened.

Well you're very welcome!
smiles.gif
I figured maybe someone else would have a similar question - and paint pots seem soo popular... we should go on a road trip to find CCO's and grab a bunch of these hehe. I'm excited to get these and learn how to work with them
yes.gif

Moxy

Rubenesque is awesome as a base for any golden or brown eyeshadow. It also works well on its own, on my eyelids it looks like a peachy colour with golden sheen.

YvetteJeannine

For me, a must-have is Indainwood..I don't know about you, but for anyone who loves browns, coppers, and bronzes, this PP is a can't-live-without! I love it..it's a wonderful metallic bronze. It applies beautifully, and many times I just wear it alone, 'cause it's THAT gorgeous. But, it also makes a great base for any kind of a brown/copper/bronze look!

The other PP I would reccomend is Rubenesque..What a pretty, soft, lovely peachy pink. I use this alone a lot too, when I want a really soft, neutral look..but a perfect base this makes!

Also, if you're into 'smokey' looks, Blackground is a great one to have!

Heiaken

I love paint pots. Right now I have Painterly, Greenstroke, Delft and Blackground. Out of those I would say that Painterly and Blackground are definite must haves.
Painterly works as an awesome primer for any e/s and makes your e/s really stay put with out creasing. Blackground is awesome for a smokier look, but it also makes any colour really pop! Just take a look at the swatches vocaltest made
smiles.gif
http://specktra.net/f165/best-paint-pot-pigment-combos-104121/index2.html#post1303761
Also if you like teals/turquoises/blues delft would be a must have for you
smiles.gif

Cinci

another vote for Painterly.. It's my favourite to use as a base as it evens out the lid color and realy makes the shadows stand out... Now if only MAC would make a pure white paint pot......

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinci
Now if only MAC would make a pure white paint pot......

Yes, please!

yodagirl

I LOVE Paint Pots...some must have ones would be Bare Study, Painterly, and Rubenesque. I also really like Artifact, Delft, and Blackground
yes.gif

ETA: A pure white paint pot would be hot! I would also love to see an orange/coral one and a bright purple
greengrin.gif

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodagirl
I would also love to see an orange/coral one and a bright purple
greengrin.gif

I'm all for purple and blue too!!
thmbup.gif

KTB

Painterly is my number 1! I like Bare Study but depending on the shadow I'm using it's sometimes too shimmery. Perky and Fresco Rose are the two I use if I want a coloured base. I have Delft but cannot get it to work to save my life. Indianwood I use just as it is a lot, without shadow overtop.

l1onqueen

I have Barestudy, Delft, Greenstroke, and Rubenesque. I say to start out I'd get barestudy its a great base for any E/S combo. I always wonder if I should have gotten Indianwood instead of Rubensque. Does anyone have both? What is the difference?

Latest posts