Must Have Paint Pots?

xpucu

Can someone tell me if Girl Friendly is any good ? I was thinking to get it from ebay .So far i have 6 paint pots: Painterly,Bare Study,Rubenesque,Fresco Rose,Moss Scape and Delft.

Moxy

I think paint pots are great, but I do have one problem. My Rubenesque and Greenstroke are 1 year old and they're quite dried out. Is there any way i can prevent paint pots from drying or "un-dry" those two? I've read somewhere some girls store them upside down, maybe I have to try that.

emeraldjewels

^^^^ i store mine upside down so I can see the colours, but they aren't that old so I don't know if it stops them drying out or not.

I love bare study, its my 'I use it nearly everyday' paint pot.

KellyBean

IMO, painterly and rubenesque are the 2 best to get.

Painterly can be used as a base, for any shadows. Rubenesque to be used alone for the days when I have to rush to do my makeup.

munchkin78

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Painterly, Rubenesque and Fresco Rose.

Ditto! Exactly the ones I was going to mention. These are great
thmbup.gif

invadersads

i went paint pot crazy for a time and bought bare study, painterly, delft, greenstroke, moss scape, perky, rubenesque, fresco rose and rollickin. after a while i realized i didnt use a lot of them hardly ever so i sold/swapped delft, greenstroke, rubenesque, and moss scape (even though it's beautiful).
i find the lighter more neutral ones are more versatile, but that's just my opinion. i found delft and moss scape too dark to make them work for me, even as bases. but some other people totally rock them.
i recently also bought soft ochre.
i would say that bare study is a good one, and painterly or soft ochre depending on if you're pinker or more yellow.
ok, i've already typed way more than necessary. lol

TDoll

I would definitely get either Painterly or Soft Ochre (depending on your skin tone). Painterly is more of a natural color with pink undertones. Soft Ochre is a natural color with yellow undertones. Then I would get Bare Study for days you want to wear more shimmer. You can really put any colors with those three. If you do a lot of darker colors, I would get Blackground also. It's great because you can put lots of darker/brighter colors over it and it really looks awesome.

aimee

painterly is my must have (neutral base)

other paintpots i really like are
rubenesque (perm)- as a base and alone
rollicking (fafi LE) - i love it under teals and blues
perky (fafi LE) - i love this one alone or with a lil shimmer (solar bits) on top
groundwork - great under neutrals and browns

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1onqueen
I have Barestudy, Delft, Greenstroke, and Rubenesque. I say to start out I'd get barestudy its a great base for any E/S combo. I always wonder if I should have gotten Indianwood instead of Rubensque. Does anyone have both? What is the difference?

Indianwood and Rubenesque are drastically different. Indianwood is a metallic bronze while Rubenesque is a peach with a golden shine. Plus, I find Rubenesque to be much more sheer than Indianwood. They're both fantastic. I adore woodwinked over Indianwood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpucu
Can someone tell me if Girl Friendly is any good ? I was thinking to get it from ebay .So far i have 6 paint pots: Painterly,Bare Study,Rubenesque,Fresco Rose,Moss Scape and Delft.

Girl Friendly is very pretty. The closest eyeshadow to its colour that I have is Neutral Pink (but girl friendly isn't as dark or something). Plus, it doesn't have any shimmer, which means it's matte friendly.
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy
I think paint pots are great, but I do have one problem. My Rubenesque and Greenstroke are 1 year old and they're quite dried out. Is there any way i can prevent paint pots from drying or "un-dry" those two? I've read somewhere some girls store them upside down, maybe I have to try that.

I've always kept mine stored upside down so I could read the labels, and I got my Moss Scape well over a year ago now and it's still as creamy as day one. For your ones that are currently kind of dried out, try using some mixing medium on your brush (or a mix of 3/4 water and 1/4 glycerin) when you use them and it should help considerably. :nod:

makeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamiez
what should i get if i wear lots of purple /browns?

quite natural is a very nice base to use for brown shadows in my opinion. as far as a base for purple shadows i have used a black shadestick by Avon as a base for deep purples,greens and deep blues and have found this method to be amazing. Blackground p/p or Sharkskin shadestick should work depending on the texture of the product you like to work with.

tanMAClove

i have:
Bare Study
Quite Natural
Indianwood
Nice Vice
Girl Friendly
Blackground

i want: (CCO's here i come!!!!)
Rollickin
Delft
Layin Low
Fresco Rose
Perky

It probably sounds really weird, but i cant get Quite Natural to work on me

user79

Honestly, none. They are inferior to other bases imo, and the neutral colored ones dull down the colors of the eyeshadow.

TISH1124

I love ...Painterly, Soft Ochre, Bare Study & Blackground..I use these the most

I also wear

Indianwood
Groundwork
Rollickin'
Girl Friendly
Electro-Sky - Very Rarely

dreamiez

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba
quite natural is a very nice base to use for brown shadows in my opinion. as far as a base for purple shadows i have used a black shadestick by Avon as a base for deep purples,greens and deep blues and have found this method to be amazing. Blackground p/p or Sharkskin shadestick should work depending on the texture of the product you like to work with.

Quite natural looks pretty dark when i swatched it.

how about constructivist?

I bought fresco rose, then i realise i don't know what shadows to pair it with.
cutey.gif

annikay

I love my Groundwork (a very nice light brown with sheen) and I'm definitely getting Bare Study (only 10 days until my London trip)!

Ladydee91500

Thank you all for your input... I'm excited to finally go pick a few up on payday
smiles.gif
So glad I found this forum - You are all a bunch of wonderful chicks