My First Day at MAC! Or... Not...

juicygirl

alyson!! i've missed your fotds...this is gorgeous!! &&congrats on your job at mac!! how's the singing coming along??

FiestyFemme

You look great! Lucky you, getting a job at MAC!
smiles.gif

PomPoko

This is really awesome. I adore it, so even though it wasn't your real first day, you looked great!

Good luck for next thurs, and well done
smiles.gif

knoxydoll

I'm totally going to visit you one day. I love it btw. It's fresh and warm unlike our mornings have been the past few days.

Amaranth

Yaaaay! I'm so glad you all like it
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moppit
Love your makeup! I'm in Ottawa so I will have to stop by. Isn't Gary the greatest? I'm very close to Bayshore and was sad when he left.

Thanks! And yes, you must stop by! Gary is great, I remember he sold me my very first MAC product at the Bayshore mall, like 5 years ago. So this is all his fault haha. But the man definitely knows his stuff, I'm looking forward to working with him and analyzing every detail of what he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiramisu
Holy crap you look awesome!!
Great job on the ... er... trial run?? You must be exhausted girl! Two hours--all dolled up.. hope you at least treated yourself to some shopping since you didn't have to work!! Lol

Hahaha thanks! I was excited, so it didn't feel like it took very long. Plus I tend to play with my make-up when I get bored anyway, so I'm used to spending stupid amounts of time doing my make-up. I bought some Blacktrack fluidline...? Does that count? I've been trying to stay away from the mall, once I found out I got the job I went nuts and bought so much black clothing and boots and stuff. I need that paycheque now :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz2286
I've never seen anything like this! You need to do a tut for this look!

The brown eyeshadow on top, what do you use to make the angles so defined? How do you prevent it from mixing with the green/yellow?

Thanks! I don't do anything to prevent the colours from mixing, they just didn't (as long as I use a Paint or Paint Pot as a base, that is...which I always do). As for the sharp line, it's super easy, all I did was draw on the line with the Teddy eye kohl pencil, then kinda "filled it in" on one side and blended it out with the MAC mini shader (the synthetic one). I did a tutorial a few months ago explaining the same technique but with a different shape. You can also check out Nireyna on YouTube. Just give it a try, it's not nearly has hard as it looks, just make sure you're using a soft pencil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAddict_Sami
Awesome look!!! The next time I come to Ottawa I am going to come look for you
smiles.gif

DO IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicygirl
alyson!! i've missed your fotds...this is gorgeous!! &&congrats on your job at mac!! how's the singing coming along??

Thanks! Yeah, I'm in desperate need of a new camera. My singing is going quite well, I played some VERY big festivals over the summer (I sang with three bands in one night?! One of which asked me ten minutes before they went on stage!). And I have a charity event coming up in November. I'll be recording a demo for that one, so I'll put it up on my ReverbNation account. I have so many songs I need to mix, but no time! I have two jobs plus univeristy! So nice of you to ask, though
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
I'm totally going to visit you one day. I love it btw. It's fresh and warm unlike our mornings have been the past few days.

YES YOU MUST! Bahaha I was going to Facebook you and force you to come. And thank you! I've been avoiding mornings for that very reason. Our house had frost yesterday morning
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
wow, this is gorgeous. I will be visiting you soon
smiles.gif

Thanks! And please do!

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth
YES YOU MUST! Bahaha I was going to Facebook you and force you to come. And thank you! I've been avoiding mornings for that very reason. Our house had frost yesterday morning
ssad.gif

I was really stupid Thursday night and didn't think of how cold it was going to be Friday morning and didn't bring pants with me to my boyfriends house. So at like 8 in the morning I'm outside in shorts and flip flops. I could see my breathe outside and I just kept thinking how stupid I was. Where has summer gone?

meaghanb2926

Beautiful! I am so jealous you live in Ottawa. We have a family cabin near Manniwaki and its my favorite place in the world!

RobinG

Very very pretty look. I never would have thought bitter would look so good with those other colors. I geuss thats why your at MAC. Congrats on getting the job

Amaranth

Thanks ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
I was really stupid Thursday night and didn't think of how cold it was going to be Friday morning and didn't bring pants with me to my boyfriends house. So at like 8 in the morning I'm outside in shorts and flip flops. I could see my breathe outside and I just kept thinking how stupid I was. Where has summer gone?

Bahahaha nice! I'm going to Zaphod's tonight and I'm contemplating whether I need a coat. But after hearing your shorts-and-flip-flops story...I think I'll bring the jacket. I hope they have coat check. I was hoping the coldness was just left over hurricane Ike, but yeah...it's not going away.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaghanb2926
Beautiful! I am so jealous you live in Ottawa. We have a family cabin near Manniwaki and its my favorite place in the world!

No way! I'm actually not originally from Ottawa (just moved here about 4 years ago, though I grew up in Petawawa, which is only like 1.5 hours away), and this is such a beautiful area. I love it! I never wanna leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinG
Very very pretty look. I never would have thought bitter would look so good with those other colors. I geuss thats why your at MAC. Congrats on getting the job

Thanks! Although I must admit the colour combination wasn't really my idea...we're supposed to promote Cult of Cherry but I don't own anything from the collection, so I just tried to imitate what was in the Tempting quad.

Shanti

Lol I'll visit you! I want to go to MAC in Rideau when Suite Array comes out anyway. XP
So what would I say? "Hey, are you Amaranth from Specktra?" lol werdddd.
And that looks awesome.

Amaranth

Thanks! I like the dark side so far
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanti
Lol I'll visit you! I want to go to MAC in Rideau when Suite Array comes out anyway. XP
So what would I say? "Hey, are you Amaranth from Specktra?" lol werdddd.
And that looks awesome.

Yay! Do it! I'll probably be easy to spot, I'm around 5'9" and my real name is Alyson. Also, I'm trying to get a chance to dye my hair blue, but the next week is going to be crazy busy, so chances are it won't be blue for like, two weeks.