My makeup has a new home - pics of my vanity & brush holder!

Flaminbird

Wow very pretty. I love how you store your brushes
smiles.gif

This is beautiful beautiful beautiful! I love the Malm collection too, and have very nearly bought these pieces many times before. Perhaps I will now, as you're quite the inspiration. =)

LilSphinx

This is gorgeous!! I have been drooling over your vanity-room ever since I saw it on YouTube a month ago. WOW!!
-I have looked on IKEA but cannot find your MALM mirror...does it all come together like that or did you have to buy the three pieces separately?

Really gorgeous, great job!!

mochabean

I love the MALM dressing table and mirror! I bought one myself at Ikea in Seattle. I got the dark brown color. THANK YOU to MissChievous for sharing her photos and giving me the idea to get one like it too!! But I'm still having a hard time finding a chair high enough for it. Everything I've looked at is either too low or too high. Any suggestions??

I believe if you are still trying to find this MALM dressing table and mirror, it is limited stock at Ikea. I talked with someone at Ikea and they said that they are phasing this style out. Once the stock is gone, they will not reorder it. At my Ikea store, they only had 3 of the birch veneer left.

Don't always trust the "Check Stock" at the Ikea website online. It is not always accurate. For example, it says at the Seattle Ikea that there is the Birch veneer and black-brown dressing tables available. But when I called them to confirm, they only have the Birch Veneer available. Shipping is VERY EXPENSIVE!! It costs like $600 to ship to my house, which is only 2 hours away from the store. So if you really want to get the MALM table and mirror, I suggest you stop by the store and pick it up. Or get someone to pick it up for you!

To LilSphinx, you have to buy the MALM mirror separately. It is located with all the other mirrors. And it is all 1 piece. It comes folded up in the box, but all 3 pieces of the mirror are already together.

LilSphinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochabean
I love the MALM dressing table and mirror! I bought one myself at Ikea in Seattle. I got the dark brown color. THANK YOU to MissChievous for sharing her photos and giving me the idea to get one like it too!! But I'm still having a hard time finding a chair high enough for it. Everything I've looked at is either too low or too high. Any suggestions??

I believe if you are still trying to find this MALM dressing table and mirror, it is limited stock at Ikea. I talked with someone at Ikea and they said that they are phasing this style out. Once the stock is gone, they will not reorder it. At my Ikea store, they only had 3 of the birch veneer left.

Don't always trust the "Check Stock" at the Ikea website online. It is not always accurate. For example, it says at the Seattle Ikea that there is the Birch veneer and black-brown dressing tables available. But when I called them to confirm, they only have the Birch Veneer available. Shipping is VERY EXPENSIVE!! It costs like $600 to ship to my house, which is only 2 hours away from the store. So if you really want to get the MALM table and mirror, I suggest you stop by the store and pick it up. Or get someone to pick it up for you!

To LilSphinx, you have to buy the MALM mirror separately. It is located with all the other mirrors. And it is all 1 piece. It comes folded up in the box, but all 3 pieces of the mirror are already together.

Hi Mochabean,

I've looked all over the website and the catalogue and cannot find the mirror. That's why I was asking, everything I've seen is a one piece or part of a cabinet.
ssad.gif
Can you post a link to the mirror? Somehow I'm missing it.

You were asking about chairs. I don't know how high this sits in relation to the desk/vanity, but I have this bookmarked to buy when I get the chance to buy the vanity...if it's still available. I think it looks comfortable enough for short periods while sitting at the vanity, plus...it looks really nice. It also comes in some other colors. I like the birch veneer and the white chair would match very nicely.
smiles.gif

IKEA | Dining chairs | Dining chairs | HENRIKSDAL | Chair

mochabean

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilSphinx
Hi Mochabean,

I've looked all over the website and the catalogue and cannot find the mirror. That's why I was asking, everything I've seen is a one piece or part of a cabinet.
ssad.gif
Can you post a link to the mirror? Somehow I'm missing it.

I believe MissChievous posted the links to both the MALM dressing table and the MALM mirror a couple of posts ago.

But if you go to the Ikea website, you just type in "MALM" and the mirror shows up. The mirror is pictured closed up. So maybe that is why you are not able to see it. It is not shown open all the way with the 3 mirrors opened. But here is the direct link for you:

IKEA | Decoration & mirrors | Mirrors | MALM | Mirror

Hope this helps!

LilSphinx

Thank you SO much Mochabean,
I honestly don't recall having seen that one at all. But I've now bookmarked it.

Thanks so much!
smiles.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilSphinx
You were asking about chairs. I don't know how high this sits in relation to the desk/vanity, but I have this bookmarked to buy when I get the chance to buy the vanity...if it's still available. I think it looks comfortable enough for short periods while sitting at the vanity, plus...it looks really nice. It also comes in some other colors. I like the birch veneer and the white chair would match very nicely.
smiles.gif

IKEA | Dining chairs | Dining chairs | HENRIKSDAL | Chair

Unfortunately none of the "nice" chairs from ikea work with this. I tried out pretty much all the chairs, the normal dining chairs are much too low and the barstool height (they have 2 different heights) are both too high, you can't fit your legs comfortably underneath.

I'm using an ikea adjustable office chair where the height can go up and down, that's the only ikea type of chair that will really work with this dressing table fyi. They do make an office chair in white I have seen.

hotmodelchiq

I REALLY appreciate this classy space!!!!!! Not to knock anyone but I always see vanity setups with the dreaded "plastic drawers" and other unattractive pieces that just don't fit my design aesthetic. Thank you soooo much for this!!!!! I've gotten sooo many different ideas!!! How could I expect anything less from you fly lady
smiles.gif

XOXO