my own private sactuary!!

II3rinII

so a while back i posted pics of my $20 goodwill vanity that my husband and i refurbished. well we finally completed my "makeup room". he mounted vanity lights around the mirror and wired a switch where my legs are so i can turn them on and off. we painted the walls pink with a brown accent wall. we recovered the chair with pink with brown polka dot material and i want to go back and get the brown with pink dots to make curtains. theres still some more things i want to do but for the most part my little sactuary is finished.

makeuproom1.jpg

makeuproom2.jpg

makeuproom3.jpg

makeuproom4.jpg

makeuproom6.jpg

i even made 3 cute little brush holders.

II3rinII

thanks!! my hubby is the best for doing the lights like that!! i love it!! good lighting is key for good makeup!!

Ciani

I love your makeup room!!! The vanity, color of the walls and pictures really all came together so perfectly!

TISH1124

Adorable...I love it...you work with it and then get to come home and have your own private space to play!! So cute!!

I observe everything...My favorite scent is Fresh Linen in the BBW White Barn's

mern

I LOVE the marilyn pictures! so gorgeous... paint is awesome too... looks amazing!

II3rinII

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Adorable...I love it...you work with it and then get to come home and have your own private space to play!! So cute!!

I observe everything...My favorite scent is Fresh Linen in the BBW White Barn's

^^ hahaha i was like, dang did she see my big semi-annual sale bag sitting out?? but then i saw the wallflower, that one is honey suckle, i usually get butterfly flower (my fave) but i switched it up and in the living room and bathroom now have sweet pea. i love for my house to smell good, im obsessed with those little oil diffusers too.

TISH1124

^ I know I am stocking up tomorrow while the refills are still $5 I need about 10 packs to last me for a minute

sararose

Oh wow, LOVE the Norma Jeane portriats! She really is THEE inspiration for beauty!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you guys get the lights from?! I am looking to do the same thing around my own mirror for years now!

II3rinII

Quote:
Originally Posted by sararose
Oh wow, LOVE the Norma Jeane portriats! She really is THEE inspiration for beauty!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you guys get the lights from?! I am looking to do the same thing around my own mirror for years now!

lowes. or home depot. they are vanity lights and they are designed to be mounted on a interior wall. but my hub, being the handy man that he is, found a way to mount them to the vanity and then he wired the strips together and put a plug on the end so it could be plugged into the wall and then he ran the wires through the back of the vanity inside one of the drawers and placed a switch where my legs go so i can turn the lights on and off. its perfect!!