my own private sactuary!!

Tat2dbeauty07

I have to say this post truley inspired me and the goodwill one after seeing this I was very unhappy with my vanity I got for my birthday no drawers no room so I started looking at goodwills and consignment shops I went to a local one today and they had vintage desks similar to what you got they were 50.00 and since they moved to a new location they were running 20% off knocking it down to 40 I couldnt pass up the deal so I bought one tomorrow Im going to go purchase a hand sander and some wood stain and work on fixing it up Im also going to go to my local hobby lobby hopefuly pick up a mirror since their running a special 50% off and Im also in the process of looking for a nice table chair I can redo I like the way you did this and the idea you gave me because it was a way of personalizing a vanity for my self.

User49

I remember your post from before! What a great job! It looks so awesome
smiles.gif
x

sararose

Ok, so I know I already asked about the vanity lights, but looking at your pictures again, is the frame around the mirror a light as well? It looks like it's lit up as well! Also, which bulbs do you use for the vanity? I'm not too familiar with the proper lighting techniques for makeup application, but do know how important it is!

I have a vintage, 70-80's looking vanity/mirrored cabinet that came in my bathroom over the sink, and it has GREAT lighting for makeup, but I do hate applying makeup in my tiny bathroom.
smiles.gif

II3rinII

wow. its been forever since i posted these pics. the makeup room has definatly morphed, its now a nursery for my beautiful daughter skylar. as of now i still have my vanity in there so i can get ready while she plays in her crib but eventually i will have to move it out when she shes gets older and starts getting in to things. i think i have some updated pics i can share showing the makeup room/nursery.