Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Naughtyp

When was yours sent? I received my shipping notification on the 16th and received my NPs last Thursday. If you got your notification around that time my guess is your goodies are well on their way to you as I type.
omg I hate my phone lol ! ADINA not Asian WTF lol. I got my shipping notification on jan 18. I hope they come ;(

Naughtyp

I use Herome but that's only because it's widely available here. I never tried Sephora's files but I have no reason to think they're not good (I really like some of their brushes). But the diamond one may be easier on the nails and last much longer.  A glass file is actually a great investment because it's something you'll use for ages... unless you drop and break it 
icon_eek.gif
. So I'd say go for the diamond one. But if you're not sure if you'll like using a glass file and just want to try, the Sephora one may be a better bet.
ya I think I'll try the glass one first and get the diamond one later. like march when there's not so many new mac collections lol (mac eats my wallet)

Dominique33

greengrin.gif
OMG I'd better go out of this thread, every polish I see is about to eat my wallet too ( kidneys euh not yet lol )
Spring collections are so amazing !

BuickMackane

greengrin.gif
OMG I'd better go out of this thread, every polish I see is about to eat my wallet too ( kidneys euh not yet lol )
Good call. Run for your life and forget this thread ever existed. Those cute NPs? They ain't cute! They are the devil's spawn. First they get into your mind. Then they get into your dreams. Before you know it the little sods have siphoned your bank account into oblivion.

RUN!!!

Medgal07

Don't do it, otherwise you'll be in trouble.
girlhaha.gif
Creative grooming is expensive, but oh-so-much fun. It's like buying make up, but it's for your pet. Maybe you could settle for a nail design for your cats? There are literally hundreds of pawlishes that you can pick. If you have a steady hand, you could probably do it yourself.

PS: Yorkie (steel blue/tan)
No waaayyyyy Mac-Guy!!! You ARE my kindred spirit. Yorkie is the only breed of dog I've ever owned! I've had two tea cups & one standard, and I loved them. Two were females, one male---sweet, funny, playful...I could go on & on. I got them from breeders. I got the second one after my first husband died. My daughter and I were distraught and I figured a dog would help us. Boy did she ever! She died of natural causes about three years ago and I haven't been able to replace her...I struggle with this emotionally because I don't just want another dog...I want her. I swear I'm working hard to deal with this because I know I can love another little Yorkie just as much. In fact, I've recently started looking for breeders again. One that I used no longer breeds and the other died. I'm going to take the plunge. My daughter can have her cats---I want my Yorkie!!!!

Medgal07

greengrin.gif
wavey.gif
Oh stay. Nail polish is happy & this is a happy thread. We'll all be headed to the soup kitchen but our nails will be well-dressed
girlhaha.gif

CartoonChic

ATTENTION LADIES waiting for A England orders. ADINA posted on FB that jan 14 Royal Mail put a ban in place to stop shipping np internationally!!!
ssad.gif
some of her packages were destroyed but that she ordered the label to ship so idk what's going on I really hope I gt my package after getting so excited ;(
eeksign.gif
Oh no! I hope we all get our orders. I've been eagerly awaiting for my A-Englands to arrive.
crybaby.gif

CartoonChic

@ Prettypackages - I'm still tweaking my manicure and pedicure routine, but here are my current staples. The last two items I learned about right in this thread. (Thanks honey on boost!)

• Zoya Remove+ nail polish remover

• Graham Professional HandsDown Ultra Nail & Cosmetic Pads
  • OPI Drip Dry Lacquer Drying Drops

I'm going to try out a glass file next. I asked about them previously, but I think my question got lost in the shuffle. I'm currently on the hunt for a new base coat and top coat. I definitely prefer fast drying top coats. I've been using Seche Vite top coat until it turned gloopy. But like Buick said, I think I'm just going to have to accept the fact that they get gloopy over time. I'm also on the look out for a new cuticle remover.

Mac-Guy

eeksign.gif
Oh no! I hope we all get our orders. I've been eagerly awaiting for my A-Englands to arrive.
crybaby.gif
I posted the official blurb from Royal Mail in the UK discussion thread. The new rules apply from 1/14/13. I hope your goodies were shipped before that date.

Mac-Guy

I figured, this info should be posted here as well:

Prohibitions and restrictions in the domestic and international post A guide for Royal Mail contract and account customers
Valid from 14th January 2013

Nail varnish and polish
UK destinations: Yes International destinations: no
Follow these packaging guidelines:
Volume per item must not exceed 30ml. No more than four bottles of nail varnish can be sent in any one package. Bottles of nail varnish must be placed in strong outer packaging and be so packed, secured or cushioned in such a way that they cannot break, be punctured or leak their contents into the outer packaging. An ID8000 label must be applied (see page 40). The sender’s name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging. These items may only be
sent using our 1st Class or 2nd Class products paid for via online postage, franking or on account (VAT exempt 1st and 2nd Class Account Mail), Special DeliveryTM paid for via online postage, franking or on account, Royal Mail Tracked and Royal Mail Sameday. Please note PacketpostTM Returns, Business Response, FreepostTM and all variants of PacketpostTM and PacketsortTM are excluded.

Perfume and aftershave
(including eau de parfum and eau de toilette)
UK destinations: Yes International destinations: no
Follow these packaging guidelines:
Volume per item must not exceed 150ml. No more than four perfumes or aftershaves can be sent in any one package. The perfume or aftershave must be within its original retail packaging and then placed in strong outer packaging. The inner packagings must be packed, secured or cushioned to prevent breakage or leakage of their contents into the outer packaging. An ID8000 label must be applied (see page 40). The sender’s name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging. These items may only be sent using our 1st Class or 2nd Class products paid for via online postage, franking or on account (VAT exempt 1st and 2nd Class Account Mail), Special DeliveryTM paid for via online postage, franking or on account, Royal Mail Tracked and Royal Mail Sameday. Please note PacketpostTM Returns, Business Response, FreepostTM and all variants of PacketpostTM
and PacketsortTM are excluded

Failure to comply with the legal requirements for the transport of dangerous goods puts lives at risk and is a criminal offence which may be subject to prosecution. If you send dangerous goods and do not comply with the applicable terms and conditions then Royal Mail may deal with the goods as it sees fit including destroying or disposing of the relevant items.

kimibos

HEllo Girls!!! i havent been around but from reading comments, im glad that some known members have joined in the nail polish talk!!
@ liba- i love china glaze too and got a lot from the safari collection. :)

@ Naughtyp, and cartoon chic: i never got a shipping confirmation :( so i guess my polishes never shipped. im soo sad i really wanted to try the brand and the polishes look beautiful
weeping.gif

I posted the official blurb from Royal Mail in the UK discussion thread. The new rules apply from 1/14/13. I hope your goodies were shipped before that date.
thank you mac-guy!! i guess this is going to apply to ordering lush shower gels too. i hate that. lush is super cheap in the uk. i was also planing to get more a-englands.
also i was really scare of shipping polish with the usps but i already did it twice and i had no problem. they didnt open my packages.

kimibos

im soo gettting an essie fix. :( and zoya too!
i went to walgreens yesterday and saw essies play date
th_drool.gif
i knew i needed it in my collection but stopped myself, i m just going to order it haha
watermelon and e nuf is enuf look amazing too. i mayy just add butler please and blanc to my order
001_unsure.gif

CartoonChic

Thanks for sharing the info. Oh no, my first order was shipped Jan. 15th. Looks like I'm a day late and a dollar short. I don't think my other two orders have shipped. I still hope my first order squeezed through. That one has Dragon and Saint George in it. Those are the two polishes I want the most.

CartoonChic

th_drool.gif
i knew i needed it in my collection but stopped myself, i m just going to order it haha
watermelon and e nuf is enuf look amazing too. i mayy just add butler please and blanc to my order
001_unsure.gif
I still have my Beauty.com rebate money to spend. I'm using it towards my first Essie polishes. I keep changing my list.

BuickMackane

th_drool.gif
001_unsure.gif
Butler Please is gorgeous! It's been on my wishlist for quite some time now but I haven't got round to buying it will all the sales that keep popping up.

BuickMackane

Thanks for sharing the info. Oh no, my first order was shipped Jan. 15th. Looks like I'm a day late and a dollar short. I don't think my other two orders have shipped. I still hope my first order squeezed through. That one has Dragon and Saint George in it. Those are the two polishes I want the most.
Even if your order was shipped after the new rules it doesn't necessarily mean it's been rejected/destroyed/whatever by Royal Mail. I suspect a lot of items to have slipped off the radar in the first week or two of implementation.

I hope that's what happened with my Illamasqua lot anyway. According to the Royal Mail website it's being processed. Well, it sure is taking its time! Here's what the website says: "Your item, posted on 15/01/13 with reference RQ398399486GB has been received and is being forwarded to our international mail center"

Hmmm. I'm going to give the order a couple more days and if it's still nowhere to be seen I'm going to drop Illamasqua an e-mail.

Anneri

Isn't llarowe in England too? That sucks majorly. I haven't had any problems with ordering nps from the US ever, but I don't like it particularly because of the stupid taxes. I prefer ordering from the UK. Illamasqua is there too. Sigh. I hope that all Ladies from the US get their orders! Kimibos, good to see you about!

Latest posts