Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

I don't know. I like 3 polishes, but not crazy about any of them to be honest. It's certainly not worth sending them to Stackry or paying $26 shipping (or whatever it is) to send them directly.

EdM is having a sale, but passed on that, there's only one polish I really want to get. Passed on the Glams too.

I'm a bit annoyed with Fiona, the HHC UK group buy organiser. My January polishes arrived with her nearly 2 weeks ago and she still hasn't sorted out the shipping. I know we're all busy, but come on, it's been 2 weeks.
Yes, I feel that, it's so expensive now :(
I was also tempted by the EdM sale but I skipped that and Glam too. I would definitely have done the sale if I had an open Stackry.
Sorry to hear HHC is taking so long to sort out, that does seem like a big delay.

Anitacska

Yes, I feel that, it's so expensive now :(
I was also tempted by the EdM sale but I skipped that and Glam too. I would definitely have done the sale if I had an open Stackry.
Sorry to hear HHC is taking so long to sort out, that does seem like a big delay.
Yeah it's expensive and I'm just not that crazy about any of the polishes to be prepared to fork out loads on shipping.

Apparently Fiona is waiting to hear back from someone, then she can post the total. You know, you also placed an order in January? I saw your comment under the January post. It's not you holding us up, is it? :p I'm not in a huge rush to receive the polishes really, it just annoyed me that I kept having to check the Facebook group to make sure I didn't miss her post. My FB notifications are all over the place nowadays.

PearlyQueen

Yeah it's expensive and I'm just not that crazy about any of the polishes to be prepared to fork out loads on shipping.

Apparently Fiona is waiting to hear back from someone, then she can post the total. You know, you also placed an order in January? I saw your comment under the January post. It's not you holding us up, is it? :p I'm not in a huge rush to receive the polishes really, it just annoyed me that I kept having to check the Facebook group to make sure I didn't miss her post. My FB notifications are all over the place nowadays.
Makes sense.
I haven't had any messages from Fiona but I just DM'd her in case it's my fault! I originally messaged her to hold my orders and never heard back. Hopefully not me, I was expecting the next thing to be a total to pay her for US shipping, which I can't find a post about in the group...

PearlyQueen

Makes sense.
I haven't had any messages from Fiona but I just DM'd her in case it's my fault! I originally messaged her to hold my orders and never heard back. Hopefully not me, I was expecting the next thing to be a total to pay her for US shipping, which I can't find a post about in the group...
It wasn't me, just heard back from Fiona, she's doing the totals as we speak x

Anitacska

It wasn't me, just heard back from Fiona, she's doing the totals as we speak x
I was mostly just kidding about it! ;)

She'll ask about whether you want to hold your polishes once she's posted about the US shipping totals. I actually have 4 polishes, so I'm keen to have them posted.

Have you seen the FTLOP box? I'm passing on it again. I like the PfD, but the other 2, not so much.

I've only bought one polish this month, it might be a personal record!

PearlyQueen

I was mostly just kidding about it! ;)

She'll ask about whether you want to hold your polishes once she's posted about the US shipping totals. I actually have 4 polishes, so I'm keen to have them posted.

Have you seen the FTLOP box? I'm passing on it again. I like the PfD, but the other 2, not so much.

I've only bought one polish this month, it might be a personal record!
:ROFLMAO: I panicked! It's my first delivery from them!
I won't be getting FTLOP either, like you I only want the PfD.
ONE POLISH??????????? Well done! Was that the one I sold you? Would it have been none?

Anitacska

:ROFLMAO: I panicked! It's my first delivery from them!
I won't be getting FTLOP either, like you I only want the PfD.
ONE POLISH??????????? Well done! Was that the one I sold you? Would it have been none?
Oh I actually forgot about that! It's 2 then! The other one was from HHC (can't remember what was it though).

I've just looked at the HHC shop, I like a few, but we'll see if I buy at all.

Still no shipping totals from Fiona... Edit: nevermind, just seen the post. This is why I kept checking Facebook all the time, didn't get the notification! Argh!

Last edited:

BuickMackane

Hi Anitacska Anitacska . Buick here (shock horror!). How are you? Hope all is well.

Hello to you too PearlyQueen PearlyQueen !

I haven't visited Specktra in years, I wasn't even sure if it was still going on tbh. Great to see that the NP thread is still alive and kicking! Some super pretty nail polish too! :love:

Do you happen to know somewhere I can sell NP? I'm thinking of starting with my old school indies (so stuff like Hare, Scofflaw, Emily De Molly, Femme Fatale, Pahlish etc.). The vast majority will only have been swatched once on a nail wheel. For the rest, it's one manicure (on my tiny nails haha).

I've been meaning to destash for years - I don't use the stuff but I love the pretty little bottles too much. But now that I will (most likely) relocate from NL to UK sometime in the second half of next year, I decided to bite the bullet.

Anitacska

Hi Anitacska Anitacska . Buick here (shock horror!). How are you? Hope all is well.

I haven't visited Specktra in years, I wasn't even sure if it was still going on tbh. Great to see that the NP thread is still alive and kicking! Some super pretty nail polish too! :love:

Do you happen to know somewhere I can sell NP? I'm thinking of starting with my old school indies (so stuff like Hare, Scofflaw, Emily De Molly, Femme Fatale, Pahlish etc.). The vast majority will only have been swatched once on a nail wheel. For the rest, it's one manicure (on my tiny nails haha).

I've been meaning to destash for years - I don't use the stuff but I love the pretty little bottles too much. But now that I will (most likely) relocate from NL to UK sometime in the second half of next year, I decided to bite the bullet.

Hello! Long time no speak! Hope all is well with you.

I think Facebook is probably your best bet for selling nail polish, there's a European destash group if you're interested.(https://m.facebook.com/groups/365769443962001/) Sorry, it's a mobile link.

Incidentally if you happen to have Enchanted Polish December 2012, please let me know. My only lemming.

BuickMackane

Hello! Long time no speak! Hope all is well with you.

I think Facebook is probably your best bet for selling nail polish, there's a European destash group if you're interested.(https://m.facebook.com/groups/365769443962001/) Sorry, it's a mobile link.

Incidentally if you happen to have Enchanted Polish December 2012, please let me know. My only lemming.

Hello Anita :) All is well, work is a bit messed up (hence the possible move) but other than that I'm rattling along OK. You are well too I hope.

Unfortunately I don't have that NP, I actually don't have a single Enchanted in my collection. You had to jump through hoops to get hold of them (back in the day anyway, dunno how it's like now) and I was too lazy to try.

Thank you re: the FB group. I actually made a request to join a few days ago, let's see what happens. I might try reddit if it doesn't work out.

Anitacska

Hello Anita :) All is well, work is a bit messed up (hence the possible move) but other than that I'm rattling along OK. You are well too I hope.

Unfortunately I don't have that NP, I actually don't have a single Enchanted in my collection. You had to jump through hoops to get hold of them (back in the day anyway, dunno how it's like now) and I was too lazy to try.

Thank you re: the FB group. I actually made a request to join a few days ago, let's see what happens. I might try reddit if it doesn't work out.
I'm okay, thank you, just busy with full time work and my 3 children (two of whom are now adults, but still seem to be 12 in some respect). Hope your work gets sorted.

EP closed a while ago now, but I think the hype died down anyway. There are other brands people are fighting over now, BKL especially. It was Tonic for a while (also closed).

Hope the FB group works out. There's also the Nearly No Rules destash group, but that seems to be mainly American, so that's why I suggested the European one. Good luck!

Anitacska

I received my HHC order form Fiona a few days ago. I like them a lot, especially the Pahlish. Little less keen on the Nailed It, I don't hate it, but it's not that interesting.

IMG_20230609_175803360.jpg

I had a mad busy week that started on Sunday evening, when my middle one returned home after working on a farm in Wales all week (their choice). They started work experience on Monday in Epsom Hospital, and we still had to sort out the paperwork, etc. They also brought back a ton of washing.

I was working from home all week as I needed to take them and pick them up, because despite it only being about 10 miles away, public transport takes ages. But that meant having to work extra hours to catch up on the missed time. I literally only walked as far as my car all week, worked from 8 am to 6 pm (with 2 hours of driving each day), then housework, cooking, etc. First 3 days were still month end billing, so work was busy anyway. Ugh.

Well, back to normal from tomorrow, even if our normal isn't exactly normal, hahaha! A few more weeks of college and then summer holidays. I'll be back in the office on Wednesday. I'm not loving this heat, my house is boilig, as usual, but at least the office will be air conditioned.

Still undecided on HHC, need to take another look and decide, it's nearly that time again. Pretty confident I won't be ordering from PPU as it's rewind month and I usually buy what I want anyway. Wiil this be the month of no nail polish purchases???? :eek: :ROFLMAO:

PearlyQueen

Hello! Nice to see a familiar face!
I've been mini-destashing (UK only) for a little while now (via eBay) - I haven't sold much indie polish at all, and not at decent prices really. The mainstreams shift much better but not for much money either. I haven't plunged into the FB groups though - good luck with it!
Yes, it would be a nightmare to move a load of nail polish to the UK, especially if you don't use it.

PearlyQueen

I received my HHC order form Fiona a few days ago. I like them a lot, especially the Pahlish. Little less keen on the Nailed It, I don't hate it, but it's not that interesting.

View attachment 71094

I had a mad busy week that started on Sunday evening, when my middle one returned home after working on a farm in Wales all week (their choice). They started work experience on Monday in Epsom Hospital, and we still had to sort out the paperwork, etc. They also brought back a ton of washing.

I was working from home all week as I needed to take them and pick them up, because despite it only being about 10 miles away, public transport takes ages. But that meant having to work extra hours to catch up on the missed time. I literally only walked as far as my car all week, worked from 8 am to 6 pm (with 2 hours of driving each day), then housework, cooking, etc. First 3 days were still month end billing, so work was busy anyway. Ugh.

Well, back to normal from tomorrow, even if our normal isn't exactly normal, hahaha! A few more weeks of college and then summer holidays. I'll be back in the office on Wednesday. I'm not loving this heat, my house is boilig, as usual, but at least the office will be air conditioned.

Still undecided on HHC, need to take another look and decide, it's nearly that time again. Pretty confident I won't be ordering from PPU as it's rewind month and I usually buy what I want anyway. Wiil this be the month of no nail polish purchases???? :eek: :ROFLMAO:
Your haul is pretty! I have the GPL on my swap list already and the pic is stunning. So is the Pahlish. And I like the Nailed It more than I thought I would too!
Eeek, that all sounds very tiring. My second job has died down to almost nothing for now, following a dispute about invoicing. I gave in and we changed the ways of working to reduce my hours, then... nothing new at all, just the end of my current cases. I bit the bullet and called them yesterday to find out if it was deliberate or just quiet! They claim just quiet and that they're expecting some new cases soon, so hopefully it will pick up again. I never wanted to do the many hours it turned into before the disagreement, ideally 1-2 hours a day gives me enough extra money without wearing me out, but we'll see where it goes. Just now it's about half an hour a week, which is not much money for the hassle of self-assessment tax returns.
I ordered quite a few from HHC this time, I had more in my wishlist (which had disappeared when I went to order!) but all but one of the overstock items was already gone by 8.30 - not a shock, and I really wasn't that fussed anyway. I did wake up briefly at about 6am but could not be bothered getting the laptop and waking up enough to check out, considering they were just "nice to have" not serious must-buys. So I rolled over and went back to sleep instead!
I'm waiting to see if anything I missed out on comes into Rewind month, I already know about the Nailed It, it's one I picked up from a destash with my last Stackry delivery so don't need that. Until I started doing Nailland for PPU, I did skip a couple of times when I only wanted one or two polishes, so there might well be something I "need" - maybe from brands I was not buying from, or in colours that I've found a more recent love for. We'll see in a couple of weeks I guess. Good luck with the month of no purchases!

Anitacska

Your haul is pretty! I have the GPL on my swap list already and the pic is stunning. So is the Pahlish. And I like the Nailed It more than I thought I would too!
Eeek, that all sounds very tiring. My second job has died down to almost nothing for now, following a dispute about invoicing. I gave in and we changed the ways of working to reduce my hours, then... nothing new at all, just the end of my current cases. I bit the bullet and called them yesterday to find out if it was deliberate or just quiet! They claim just quiet and that they're expecting some new cases soon, so hopefully it will pick up again. I never wanted to do the many hours it turned into before the disagreement, ideally 1-2 hours a day gives me enough extra money without wearing me out, but we'll see where it goes. Just now it's about half an hour a week, which is not much money for the hassle of self-assessment tax returns.
I ordered quite a few from HHC this time, I had more in my wishlist (which had disappeared when I went to order!) but all but one of the overstock items was already gone by 8.30 - not a shock, and I really wasn't that fussed anyway. I did wake up briefly at about 6am but could not be bothered getting the laptop and waking up enough to check out, considering they were just "nice to have" not serious must-buys. So I rolled over and went back to sleep instead!
I'm waiting to see if anything I missed out on comes into Rewind month, I already know about the Nailed It, it's one I picked up from a destash with my last Stackry delivery so don't need that. Until I started doing Nailland for PPU, I did skip a couple of times when I only wanted one or two polishes, so there might well be something I "need" - maybe from brands I was not buying from, or in colours that I've found a more recent love for. We'll see in a couple of weeks I guess. Good luck with the month of no purchases!
I didn't order from HHC. I liked a few, but decided against buying in the end. I've bought quite a few bits of work appropriate summer clothing (although nobody really cares what you wear, but I needed some sandals and a couple of new tops and trousers anyway), so I've already spent plenty this month. I also have some child related costs this month (more than usual). On the upside, I've got a raise! Yay! It's only 6%, so not a huge amount, but better than nothing.

Sorry about your second job not bringing in much money. Hope it picks up, or you find something better.

Latest posts