Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

I didn't order from HHC. I liked a few, but decided against buying in the end. I've bought quite a few bits of work appropriate summer clothing (although nobody really cares what you wear, but I needed some sandals and a couple of new tops and trousers anyway), so I've already spent plenty this month. I also have some child related costs this month (more than usual). On the upside, I've got a raise! Yay! It's only 6%, so not a huge amount, but better than nothing.

Sorry about your second job not bringing in much money. Hope it picks up, or you find something better.
Yes, I need to start thinking more about buying things. I asked RC to add one of the new Nailed It polishes to an open order today and they declined my request because it's due to ship next week. I am not buying it alone or adding stuff I don't care about so it will have to wait until there's something else I want, and if I miss out so be it, shame but I'm trying to be more sensible! It's just too easy to keep shopping but I've saved a little bit of money from job 2 and eBaying and I really don't want to just eat it up one polish at a time.
Yay for a raise! Boo for expenses :(
Second job gave me a new case just after I posted this, so though it's not a lot of work, at least it is something.

BuickMackane

I'm okay, thank you, just busy with full time work and my 3 children (two of whom are now adults, but still seem to be 12 in some respect). Hope your work gets sorted.

EP closed a while ago now, but I think the hype died down anyway. There are other brands people are fighting over now, BKL especially. It was Tonic for a while (also closed).

Hope the FB group works out. There's also the Nearly No Rules destash group, but that seems to be mainly American, so that's why I suggested the European one. Good luck!

I'm pretty sure that's what my mum thinks about her 40+ year old daughter sometimes (and no, I don't blame her). Time flies :)

It's curtains re: work as far as I'm concerned. It's over in my head, so it's more a case of when I'll leave than if. I am waiting on the results of a grant application, it will be announced early July. If I get it, then I will stay until Sept-Oct 2024. If I don't, I will try to leave earlier.

Oh, EH is gone? The only polishes I buy regularly are Picture Polish and Cirque, with the odd F.U.N. and I.L.N.P. thrown in. And A-England when they're dirt cheap on sale haha. I'm totally out of the loop.

I didn't get a reply yet from the FB group, I'm wondering if they're not really active any more. Or the mods are on holiday, who knows.

Hello! Nice to see a familiar face!
I've been mini-destashing (UK only) for a little while now (via eBay) - I haven't sold much indie polish at all, and not at decent prices really. The mainstreams shift much better but not for much money either. I haven't plunged into the FB groups though - good luck with it!
Yes, it would be a nightmare to move a load of nail polish to the UK, especially if you don't use it.

Thank you :)

I have so much crap it's not even funny. Sigh.

I could try ebay, good idea! At this point I'm not too fussed about how much I will sell them for. It would be nice to get something decent, but for the most part I'd like to give the polishes good homes rather than throwing them away. I feel very guilty when I do that. If Vinted let you list used stuff I'd stick them up there, but nope. I sold some makeup backups there, but they were all BNIB.

Anitacska

Sorry I've not been around, been busy and tired as usual. Also don't have much to report, I've not bought any polishes so far this month. I might do if FF re-opens before the end of the month as it'll be the last order before the group buy ships and FF often tempts me anyway. I've seen the new Glams and that's definitely a pass. I haven't really checked the PPU group, but as I said before, I don't think I've missed any polishes that I'd really want. Plus US shipping. :(

I have painted my nails a few times, including toe nails(!), but haven't taken pictures. I have been making more of an effort now to paint my nails, because I realised that they break and peel more easily if they're not painted, even with basecoat on! But some evenings I'm just too tired to bother.
Oh well.

Anitacska

Yes, I need to start thinking more about buying things. I asked RC to add one of the new Nailed It polishes to an open order today and they declined my request because it's due to ship next week. I am not buying it alone or adding stuff I don't care about so it will have to wait until there's something else I want, and if I miss out so be it, shame but I'm trying to be more sensible! It's just too easy to keep shopping but I've saved a little bit of money from job 2 and eBaying and I really don't want to just eat it up one polish at a time.
Yay for a raise! Boo for expenses :(
Second job gave me a new case just after I posted this, so though it's not a lot of work, at least it is something.
Hope you get more work to earn a bit more spending money!

Anitacska

I'm pretty sure that's what my mum thinks about her 40+ year old daughter sometimes (and no, I don't blame her). Time flies :)

It's curtains re: work as far as I'm concerned. It's over in my head, so it's more a case of when I'll leave than if. I am waiting on the results of a grant application, it will be announced early July. If I get it, then I will stay until Sept-Oct 2024. If I don't, I will try to leave earlier.

Oh, EH is gone? The only polishes I buy regularly are Picture Polish and Cirque, with the odd F.U.N. and I.L.N.P. thrown in. And A-England when they're dirt cheap on sale haha. I'm totally out of the loop.

I didn't get a reply yet from the FB group, I'm wondering if they're not really active any more. Or the mods are on holiday, who knows.

I could try ebay, good idea! At this point I'm not too fussed about how much I will sell them for. It would be nice to get something decent, but for the most part I'd like to give the polishes good homes rather than throwing them away. I feel very guilty when I do that. If Vinted let you list used stuff I'd stick them up there, but nope. I sold some makeup backups there, but they were all BNIB.
Good luck with the grant and the job situation. And also getting rid of your unwanted stuff. I also have way too much crap. :(

PearlyQueen

Good luck with everything, hope your grant app comes through x
Ebay don't let you sell used ones either :( I'm just trying to shift stuff I've never worn for now!
I have plenty of crap too, I'd struggle to move to another country for sure! I've been trying to shift loads of it on ebay as well, but somehow no matter how much I sell it doesn't make a dent... Tbh, sales are appalling at the moment compared to a couple of years ago, I think the whole UK is suffering with the cost of living at the moment.

PearlyQueen

Sorry I've not been around, been busy and tired as usual. Also don't have much to report, I've not bought any polishes so far this month. I might do if FF re-opens before the end of the month as it'll be the last order before the group buy ships and FF often tempts me anyway. I've seen the new Glams and that's definitely a pass. I haven't really checked the PPU group, but as I said before, I don't think I've missed any polishes that I'd really want. Plus US shipping. :(

I have painted my nails a few times, including toe nails(!), but haven't taken pictures. I have been making more of an effort now to paint my nails, because I realised that they break and peel more easily if they're not painted, even with basecoat on! But some evenings I'm just too tired to bother.
Oh well.
Not buying is good, after all you have a few to get through! Glad to hear you're wearing polish, even if not posting pics. I went a bit shoppy at the weekend - I really liked a few of Cuticula's new things so I got them from RC and added that Nailed It. Then a day later I placed another order because I was so taken with the new Glisten & Glow shimmers :( I'm just hopeless!
Hope you find something you love to add to your FF delivery.
Yup, the Glams are not for me either - there's one nice red, but I'm not buying it alone, shipping is too much for that. I haven't seen anything so far that I want from PPU but I'm open to it if there is something I've missed.
I agree that polish really does protect the nails - that's the only reason I do pedicures, my toenails are really bad due to a medical condition and I panicked when I saw they were crumbling away at one point. I only use polishes I don't like for the toes though as no-one but me ever sees them! I used up a whole bottle of Pahlish in pale pink recently, finished off a Boots gold polish too. I'm currently on that grey Illyrian we both found boring and bizarrely it looks really nice as a pedi - you can see the flashes of colour from the flakies much clearer than as a mani. I'll stick with that until I find something worse!

PearlyQueen

And finally, I got round to editing my last two manis!
DSC02109.JPG DSC02115.JPG DSC02117.JPG DSC02118.JPG
This one is Kathleen & Co Who Is Tim Kono? It's shifty shimmer in a black base but the black reads more like brown in two coats. TBH it could have done with either a blurring base coat or a third coat IRL but I liked it.
DSC02141.JPG DSC02142.JPG
My current mani is Kathleen & Co Hey, I'm Mabel! from the same collection. This is lovely! Not as shifty as I expected but I adore the colour. It's quite sheer and another I should have used my Snow under, but I doubt anyone but me would notice. I've been attracted to juicy oranges recently but I'm torn as I'm not sure any of the ones I've been eyeing are much different to this one. I've had the KBShimmer one (Any Way You Slice It) and the G&G one (Mermaids Drink Mermosas) in and out of baskets but so far I've resisted. So far...

I bought four from this K&Co collection and have actually now worn three of them, and absolutely loved two and really liked one. Some kind of record! I thought this one would need changing on Saturday after I dyed my hair but it's still going strong into week 3. These hard-wearing polishes I've been using recently are not helping with my quest to wear my collection...

Anitacska

Not buying is good, after all you have a few to get through! Glad to hear you're wearing polish, even if not posting pics. I went a bit shoppy at the weekend - I really liked a few of Cuticula's new things so I got them from RC and added that Nailed It. Then a day later I placed another order because I was so taken with the new Glisten & Glow shimmers :( I'm just hopeless!
Hope you find something you love to add to your FF delivery.
Yup, the Glams are not for me either - there's one nice red, but I'm not buying it alone, shipping is too much for that. I haven't seen anything so far that I want from PPU but I'm open to it if there is something I've missed.
I agree that polish really does protect the nails - that's the only reason I do pedicures, my toenails are really bad due to a medical condition and I panicked when I saw they were crumbling away at one point. I only use polishes I don't like for the toes though as no-one but me ever sees them! I used up a whole bottle of Pahlish in pale pink recently, finished off a Boots gold polish too. I'm currently on that grey Illyrian we both found boring and bizarrely it looks really nice as a pedi - you can see the flashes of colour from the flakies much clearer than as a mani. I'll stick with that until I find something worse!
Yeah, I've been buying other stuff, so it helps if I don't spend on polish. And yes, I have a "few" unworn polishes! :ROFLMAO:

I only wear polish on my toes in the summer when they're out, I can't stand to wear closed shoes when it's hot. My toe nails aren't too bad otherwise, but my fingernails will not stop peeling. I don't know what to do with them. :( I have tried so many base coats and nothing helps.

Femme Fatale is reopening tonight, so far she has only posted swatches of 2 polishes. I might get one of them, it's quite unique.

Have you seen the new FTLOP box? I like this one. Don't think I'll order it though because I don't want to start a new Stackry box.

Anitacska

And finally, I got round to editing my last two manis!
View attachment 71095 View attachment 71096 View attachment 71097 View attachment 71098
This one is Kathleen & Co Who Is Tim Kono? It's shifty shimmer in a black base but the black reads more like brown in two coats. TBH it could have done with either a blurring base coat or a third coat IRL but I liked it.
View attachment 71099 View attachment 71100
My current mani is Kathleen & Co Hey, I'm Mabel! from the same collection. This is lovely! Not as shifty as I expected but I adore the colour. It's quite sheer and another I should have used my Snow under, but I doubt anyone but me would notice. I've been attracted to juicy oranges recently but I'm torn as I'm not sure any of the ones I've been eyeing are much different to this one. I've had the KBShimmer one (Any Way You Slice It) and the G&G one (Mermaids Drink Mermosas) in and out of baskets but so far I've resisted. So far...

I bought four from this K&Co collection and have actually now worn three of them, and absolutely loved two and really liked one. Some kind of record! I thought this one would need changing on Saturday after I dyed my hair but it's still going strong into week 3. These hard-wearing polishes I've been using recently are not helping with my quest to wear my collection...
These are nice, although I'm generally not a red/orange person. What I love about these are the names, I immediately recognised that they're from Only Murders in the Building. Love that series! Season 3 is coming out in August. Have you seen it? What are the other polishes called, just out of curiousity?

PearlyQueen

Yeah, I've been buying other stuff, so it helps if I don't spend on polish. And yes, I have a "few" unworn polishes! :ROFLMAO:

I only wear polish on my toes in the summer when they're out, I can't stand to wear closed shoes when it's hot. My toe nails aren't too bad otherwise, but my fingernails will not stop peeling. I don't know what to do with them. :( I have tried so many base coats and nothing helps.

Femme Fatale is reopening tonight, so far she has only posted swatches of 2 polishes. I might get one of them, it's quite unique.

Have you seen the new FTLOP box? I like this one. Don't think I'll order it though because I don't want to start a new Stackry box.
I haven't seen much of it, just close-ups but I'm tempted!

PearlyQueen

These are nice, although I'm generally not a red/orange person. What I love about these are the names, I immediately recognised that they're from Only Murders in the Building. Love that series! Season 3 is coming out in August. Have you seen it? What are the other polishes called, just out of curiousity?
I haven't seen it yet but I do plan to get to it!
The others in the collection were Mrs Gambolini, All is Not OK in Oklahoma, Really Do You Not See This Coat and I'm Brazzos! (I got the first two, kind of wishing I'd got them all now!)

Anitacska

I haven't seen it yet but I do plan to get to it!
The others in the collection were Mrs Gambolini, All is Not OK in Oklahoma, Really Do You Not See This Coat and I'm Brazzos! (I got the first two, kind of wishing I'd got them all now!)
I absolutely recommend it! Funny thing is one of my colleagues looks so much like Steve Martin. Apparently people keep going up to him thinking he's him!

Anitacska

I've broken my no buy for the month and ordered 2 Femme Fatale and one EdM polishes (all 3 from FF). Well technically only got one in June, the EdM when she reopened 2 days ago because I didn't want to miss it, then the 2 FFs this morning. I don't think I'll buy from PPU, so the next purchase will probably be from HHC.

PearlyQueen

I've broken my no buy for the month and ordered 2 Femme Fatale and one EdM polishes (all 3 from FF). Well technically only got one in June, the EdM when she reopened 2 days ago because I didn't want to miss it, then the 2 FFs this morning. I don't think I'll buy from PPU, so the next purchase will probably be from HHC.
Ah well, nobody's perfect! I have bought a lot recently and plan even more... I have started a Stackry box because I had a few things I wanted and I'll probably get FTLOP too. But I think I will skip PPU too, because the main ones I want are Afterparty ones, so I'm getting those direct (Wildflower, GLL, K&Co). I have a 5 item wishlist for HHC, two are overstock so probably will end up with three. I got four of the newest Phoenix release (and I'm eyeing another four!). I put in orders from Paint It Pretty and Potion (neither available to the UK) and bought a load of pigments in the DRK sale... And loving the forthcoming Nailed It flakie collection. I think that's about it but it's been OTT!

PearlyQueen

And here is my current mani, Helix Nebula by Illyrian:
helix nebula 1.JPG helix nebula 2.JPG
This is really pretty, looks just like a black opal. But I just don't love wearing black polishes, no matter how cute they are, must stop buying them (I don't have many, fortunately!). I'm also not feeling in the mood for this one regardless, I was so sad to take the orange off this time and for some reason I'm feeling like I want to wear bright nails at the moment (I don't usually go all seasonal but I think I need cheering up or something!)

Anitacska

Ah well, nobody's perfect! I have bought a lot recently and plan even more... I have started a Stackry box because I had a few things I wanted and I'll probably get FTLOP too. But I think I will skip PPU too, because the main ones I want are Afterparty ones, so I'm getting those direct (Wildflower, GLL, K&Co). I have a 5 item wishlist for HHC, two are overstock so probably will end up with three. I got four of the newest Phoenix release (and I'm eyeing another four!). I put in orders from Paint It Pretty and Potion (neither available to the UK) and bought a load of pigments in the DRK sale... And loving the forthcoming Nailed It flakie collection. I think that's about it but it's been OTT!
I'm happy with that. I'm not planning on not buying polishes, it's more like I don't really want most of them nowadays.

I had a look at HHC and I don't think I'll buy any. None of them seem exciting or unique.

Anitacska

And here is my current mani, Helix Nebula by Illyrian:
View attachment 71101 View attachment 71102
This is really pretty, looks just like a black opal. But I just don't love wearing black polishes, no matter how cute they are, must stop buying them (I don't have many, fortunately!). I'm also not feeling in the mood for this one regardless, I was so sad to take the orange off this time and for some reason I'm feeling like I want to wear bright nails at the moment (I don't usually go all seasonal but I think I need cheering up or something!)
I like it.

My nails have been naked all week. It's been a very stressful and tiring week. It was year end at work, so very busy, plus my middle one had been in Spain (again). They're on their flight back now (which is delayed, so another late night), but I had to be up at 5 am on Tuesday and we had a bit of a hiccup on Wednesday night (they're fine). I'm shattered.

Anitacska

I've got a new phone and I was testing out the camera, so I actually have a couple of manis to show. First is EdM LE 71. Incidentally the pictures aren't the best, I need to figure out how to take better pictures with this new phone.

20230628_100251.jpg

20230628_100358.jpg

The other mani is GLL Ease One Life the Aching. Ignore the chipping on my thumb.

20230709_181352.jpg

20230709_181123.jpg

20230709_181340.jpg

My middle one managed to catch Covid in Spain, they've been feeling pretty rubbish since Saturday, just got them to do a test and it's positive. Hopefully the rest of us won't catch it.

PearlyQueen

I like it.

My nails have been naked all week. It's been a very stressful and tiring week. It was year end at work, so very busy, plus my middle one had been in Spain (again). They're on their flight back now (which is delayed, so another late night), but I had to be up at 5 am on Tuesday and we had a bit of a hiccup on Wednesday night (they're fine). I'm shattered.
Thanks, it's really pretty when the light catches it!
Naked nails are no good! Sorry to hear about your high stress levels, that all sounds exhausting. Our year end is end of this month, so I'm swamped too.