Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

I've worn polish all week and even taken pictures of my current mani: ILNP Morning Rays. It's warmer, more peachy irl, but my camera didn't like that.

20230811_131938.jpg

20230811_132002.jpg

PearlyQueen

Are you buying from HHC? I'm not. Also not interested in the new Glams.
Not this month, the only one I had on my wishlist was the BKL overstock polish and it was long gone by the time I realised it was release day! I don't want the Glams either. I have been spending elsewhere though... bought some Lumens, a couple of Swamp Gloss, the new Nailed Its, a couple of the PfD neons so I haven't been going without.

PearlyQueen

I never seem to get time to sort out my mani pics properly these days! I have two manis still in my camera, but you've inspired me to at least edit the one already on the laptop. This is Wildflower Lacquer Cloud 9: cloud 9 3.JPG cloud 9 2.JPG cloud 9 1.JPG
So I seem to have bought quite a few blue or purple polishes with multichrome shimmer lately and I thought I should wear one before I own dozens and then find out I don't like them on me! In this case, I thought it was really cute and it wore like iron - would have lasted even longer, but I thought it would be sensible to put a fresh mani on for my trip. Anyhow, I'm not sure that I need any more in this family as I love this one, but at least if I do buy again, I'll know it's something that I will like.

Anitacska

I never seem to get time to sort out my mani pics properly these days! I have two manis still in my camera, but you've inspired me to at least edit the one already on the laptop. This is Wildflower Lacquer Cloud 9: View attachment 71112 View attachment 71113 View attachment 71114
So I seem to have bought quite a few blue or purple polishes with multichrome shimmer lately and I thought I should wear one before I own dozens and then find out I don't like them on me! In this case, I thought it was really cute and it wore like iron - would have lasted even longer, but I thought it would be sensible to put a fresh mani on for my trip. Anyhow, I'm not sure that I need any more in this family as I love this one, but at least if I do buy again, I'll know it's something that I will like.
Pretty!

Yeah, I'm trying not to buy polishes that are very similar to the ones I already have. But with the amount of polishes I own now, that's pretty much every polish out there. Which is fine. I have plenty.

Anitacska

Not this month, the only one I had on my wishlist was the BKL overstock polish and it was long gone by the time I realised it was release day! I don't want the Glams either. I have been spending elsewhere though... bought some Lumens, a couple of Swamp Gloss, the new Nailed Its, a couple of the PfD neons so I haven't been going without.
Which PfD neons did you buy? I like a couple of them, but not enough to start a Stackry box. Maybe I'll start one for Black Friday, but I don't know if these will still be available then.

PearlyQueen

Which PfD neons did you buy? I like a couple of them, but not enough to start a Stackry box. Maybe I'll start one for Black Friday, but I don't know if these will still be available then.
I got Fluorescent and Shockwave (and the topper) - still contemplating a couple of the others. I got those two when Nailland had a sale, they're still on reservation though so I haven't got them yet! I jumped because I wasn't sure if they'd be a BF option either.

Anitacska

I got Fluorescent and Shockwave (and the topper) - still contemplating a couple of the others. I got those two when Nailland had a sale, they're still on reservation though so I haven't got them yet! I jumped because I wasn't sure if they'd be a BF option either.
Yes, I like those too, plus Electra, but again I'm fairly sure I have something similar. I might get them if they're still around during BF.

PearlyQueen

Yes, I like those too, plus Electra, but again I'm fairly sure I have something similar. I might get them if they're still around during BF.
I have been fancying neons recently and I only own a couple of flakie ones. I looked at indies but it was a fairly large outlay when I wasn't sure I would like them. Then I looked at high street brands but they all had terrible reviews. I ended up buying the DRK lab to make my own, I figured if I didn't like what I made, I could mix something else into them! But then I got those two anyway. It wasn't planned! I must dig out the bits I bought and give nail polish mixology a go!

PearlyQueen

Well I haven't made any polish - but I have edited my last couple of manis, so that's something. The current one is still in the camera, so not up to date but it's progress!
So for my trip I wore Polish Me Silly Glow Party:
glow party 1.JPG glow party 2.JPG glow party 3.JPG glow party 4.JPG glow party 5.JPG glow party 6.JPG
So shifty and pretty! Unfortunately, it did not like the gloves! By the time I got to Scotland, most of the nails were chipped and one had broken :( I was only going for a few days, so I had just taken the same polish for repairs, but it all had to come off and be re-applied. I then appreciated its shifty goodness for the holiday, but it all chipped on the way home again. Still, I feel I need a load more of these "glow" polishes from PMS - but they're very expensive nowadays, so I think I might end up with a black friday order for them. Too many pics so mani 2 to follow!

PearlyQueen

Planned to post this hours ago, got interrupted!
So I replaced my chipped PMS with 'Ard As Nails Amphitrite:
amphitrite 1.JPG amphitrite 2.JPG amphitrite 3.JPG amphitrite 4.JPG amphitrite 5.JPG
I was a little disappointed in this one - in the bottle I saw a beautiful bright blue, loads of orange and pink flakies and a ton of silver reflective glitter, with the blue looking green in low light. On my nails - it was mostly a very dense teal. The flakies didn't show through it like I expected them to (you could see them but not like the bottle) and the reflective was VERY shy, only showed in one lighting condition that I could see. In that light, the reflective came out like a beautiful turquoise and the base went a very pretty blue, so not a dead loss. As I'm sure you can see from my pics, this was somehow both too dense for the flakies and too sheer for my nail line - this was three coats, maybe it would have been better with a blurring base coat but I always felt it looked like I had dirt under my nails, it didn't do the usual just sheer on the free edge thing, just a dark line across the nails. Very unflattering! It was a pretty polish and next time I'll try the Snow under it but I was disappointed. It only looked good at the edge of the glow from my bedside light IMO. So I don't think I'll order from AAN again. I also had my first go with my glitter grabber (KBShimmer Smooth Moves) - I bought it because I've been buying a lot of reflectives recently and all the vloggers recommend it. I must say it was impressive, got rid of the gritty feel and I didn't need to apply more topcoat through the week as I usually do with glitters. I would recommend it - got that one because it's a bit cheaper than the other brands and seemed to do the job fine. This mani chipped after a week and two days in the gloves, just on one nail, so longevity was fine. But I was glad to see that black line go when I dumped it!

Anitacska

Well I haven't made any polish - but I have edited my last couple of manis, so that's something. The current one is still in the camera, so not up to date but it's progress!
So for my trip I wore Polish Me Silly Glow Party:
View attachment 71115 View attachment 71116 View attachment 71117 View attachment 71118 View attachment 71119 View attachment 71120
So shifty and pretty! Unfortunately, it did not like the gloves! By the time I got to Scotland, most of the nails were chipped and one had broken :( I was only going for a few days, so I had just taken the same polish for repairs, but it all had to come off and be re-applied. I then appreciated its shifty goodness for the holiday, but it all chipped on the way home again. Still, I feel I need a load more of these "glow" polishes from PMS - but they're very expensive nowadays, so I think I might end up with a black friday order for them. Too many pics so mani 2 to follow!
I like this one. If it's one of the older ones, I might have it. I have a few of their multichromes from years ago.