Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

I've got a new phone and I was testing out the camera, so I actually have a couple of manis to show. First is EdM LE 71. Incidentally the pictures aren't the best, I need to figure out how to take better pictures with this new phone.

View attachment 71104

View attachment 71105

The other mani is GLL Ease One Life the Aching. Ignore the chipping on my thumb.

View attachment 71106

View attachment 71107

View attachment 71108

My middle one managed to catch Covid in Spain, they've been feeling pretty rubbish since Saturday, just got them to do a test and it's positive. Hopefully the rest of us won't catch it.
Pretty manis! Love the GLL of course, and glad you've painted them again! Great to see a couple of pics from you too.
Oh no, hope they feel better soon and that they keep it to themselves...

Anitacska

Pretty manis! Love the GLL of course, and glad you've painted them again! Great to see a couple of pics from you too.
Oh no, hope they feel better soon and that they keep it to themselves...
Thanks. They managed to pass it to my ex, but neither of them are too unwell luckily. So far the rest of us are okay.

Anitacska

So this is annoying, my April HHC order is showing as unfulfilled, but my May one has arrived with Fiona. Tried emailing HHC, but they're away from 20-24th July (it's the 15th!). I guess it could be an oversight and they actually sent it, but I won't know until Fiona posts about it in the group which could take a while based on past experience. It's just one polish (Nailed It), but still annoying.

PearlyQueen

So this is annoying, my April HHC order is showing as unfulfilled, but my May one has arrived with Fiona. Tried emailing HHC, but they're away from 20-24th July (it's the 15th!). I guess it could be an oversight and they actually sent it, but I won't know until Fiona posts about it in the group which could take a while based on past experience. It's just one polish (Nailed It), but still annoying.
Are you sure it's not just arrived at Stackry? My April and May orders are both showing as partially fulfilled. I've also had a couple of unexpected delivery notices from them, but I read recently that those usually mean that it's gone back to HQ by mistake (because you put that as the delivery address when it's the group buy). Anyhow, it's all a mystery to me but you probably shouldn't worry! I'm hoping that the next UK delivery will be everything including July, if it is I will get them shipped with what she's already holding for me.

Anitacska

Are you sure it's not just arrived at Stackry? My April and May orders are both showing as partially fulfilled. I've also had a couple of unexpected delivery notices from them, but I read recently that those usually mean that it's gone back to HQ by mistake (because you put that as the delivery address when it's the group buy). Anyhow, it's all a mystery to me but you probably shouldn't worry! I'm hoping that the next UK delivery will be everything including July, if it is I will get them shipped with what she's already holding for me.
I don't think these actually go to Stackry anymore. My email has a USPS tracking and it says it's arrived in the UK. It came directly from the place where they ship them from (not Hawaii). Anyway, Dawn has replied and said she'll look into it.

PearlyQueen

I don't think these actually go to Stackry anymore. My email has a USPS tracking and it says it's arrived in the UK. It came directly from the place where they ship them from (not Hawaii). Anyway, Dawn has replied and said she'll look into it.
I obviously haven't a clue what's going on then! Hope it gets sorted either way.

Anitacska

I obviously haven't a clue what's going on then! Hope it gets sorted either way.
I thought they were coming via Stackry too! In which case I don't understand why they just can't send it directly instead of using the group buy. I guess it's cheaper this way, but I thought the whole point was that they couldn't ship to the UK anymore due to the VAT rules. :hmm:

On that note, I will need to figure out how to order from PPU next month because I definitely want the Girly Bits polish. Might have to open a new Stackry box, especially since the PFD summer collection is limited and she said it won't stick around as long as usual.

PearlyQueen

I thought they were coming via Stackry too! In which case I don't understand why they just can't send it directly instead of using the group buy. I guess it's cheaper this way, but I thought the whole point was that they couldn't ship to the UK anymore due to the VAT rules. :hmm:

On that note, I will need to figure out how to order from PPU next month because I definitely want the Girly Bits polish. Might have to open a new Stackry box, especially since the PFD summer collection is limited and she said it won't stick around as long as usual.
Yes, I'm confused too!
I haven't seen much from PPU yet, I love the Wildflower though. I like the PfDs, I must admit - haven't bought any though. I may yet give in but I have already way overspent recently so I will probably skip. Or get a couple from Nailland to add to my PPU if they're still available. Although I might send PPU to my open Stackry - not sure if that would work with the timings though. Too much thinking these days, miss PPU UK!

Anitacska

My polishes have arrived from Fiona, got the Nailed It too of course. I like them both.

20230730_144844.jpg

Not sure what to do about PPU, I really love the Girly Bits and like a couple of others too, but I've decided that I don't want to order from PfD after all, so don't think I want to open a Stackry box. What are you planning on doing?

PearlyQueen

My polishes have arrived from Fiona, got the Nailed It too of course. I like them both.

View attachment 71109

Not sure what to do about PPU, I really love the Girly Bits and like a couple of others too, but I've decided that I don't want to order from PfD after all, so don't think I want to open a Stackry box. What are you planning on doing?
Very pretty! I think my PPU will go to Stackry this time - I'm a bit confused as to what's best but I have one delivery which I'm hoping will arrive within the 60 day limit for my current box and this will probably get there around the same time. It's all very tight though and there's a possibility I'll want something else soon, so I'm debating whether to save the storage costs and check out in 45 days, starting a new one when the outstanding stuff gets delivered, or winging it and hoping my order makes it (it's very on the edge - my first delivery was 10/7, so 60 days would be 8/9. They claim to have a TAT of 21 working days beginning from 4/8, so if they take the full time, it would just be a couple of days leeway for USPS to get it there, if they run over their TAT no way is it happening!)

PearlyQueen

View attachment 71109

Hey Anita, do you want to combine our PPU orders to go to my Stackry? It could potentially be a while before they get here though, as I said above I might end up making them into a new box with my pending order, depending on what I hear about that one.

Anitacska

Hey Anita, do you want to combine our PPU orders to go to my Stackry? It could potentially be a while before they get here though, as I said above I might end up making them into a new box with my pending order, depending on what I hear about that one.
Yes, I was going to ask you if you would mind, I'll only have 2 or 3 polishes anyway. I don't care how long it takes. Thank you!

Anitacska

OK, they're on my wishlist - I'm going away (to the parents) though, so I may not get on at launch time if we're out or something.
That's fine, I don't think they'll sell out quickly, neither of them are very in demand brands nowadays. And if they do... I'll survive. Don't worry about the order, enjoy your stay.