Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Slimmycakes

I'll be back a little later to comment but just wanted to drop this link for my Essie ladies!
http://polishyoupretty.com/2013/03/01/swatch-review-essie-resort-2013/

It's the weekend, happy painting!

CartoonChic

I'll be back a little later to comment but just wanted to drop this link for my Essie ladies!

eyelove.gif
I'm getting them all.

CartoonChic

Not green, but close! And mint always works, doesn't it?

I was fed up with the stickers. They hold up quite well, but I experienced some serious shrinkage which left the tips of nearly all my nails exposed. Maybe I'll have to practice apllying them more, because I've the feeling that I pulled them too straight while I applied them. Maybe that's the reason for the shrinkage.

Anyways, I already told y'all that I don't like shatter polish, but I really like the result of a shatter polish applied with a sponge. I saw that at a blog and decided to try it, and it's love.

You can see the effect a bit better here:

EDIT: I took the pics pre-cleanup. SORRY!
This turned out so pretty! I'm also not into crackle polishes, but this is beautiful. My daughter did something recently where she used crackle polish to make dots on her nails. I liked that effect too. I said I'm not into crackle, but I'm getting ready to buy a crackle set I just discovered. I'm fascinated by the effect it creates.

CartoonChic

thanks medgal and CC! I hope I get them all lol I at leat have to get the spreckle ones I kno those are LE!
I love both green polishes u ladies used ;) I was pulling out all my greens yesterday. whoa! there is a lot!! lol I really got into blues and greens the last couple months. I used to be more into bright pinks and purples ( still am lol) but I just love all colors so much! lol

one thing I'm trying to decide on is yellow np. I only have one ( Loreal.haven't tried it yet). I have BL Jasper and Zoya Piaf on my wishlist I don't know if I need both? :/ anyone have any thoughts about either one?
I was telling Med how I forget that you can only get Illamasqua from Sephora, besides from their website. I need to remember to grab LE colors right away. I hesitated with Fragile when it restocked thinking I could get it later, but then remembered there's no where else to get it. I'm going to check my local store.

I think Med has both of those yellows.

MRV

Quote:

OMG!
amazed.gif
What is this collection?! As I have said before, there are Essie collections I can easily skip and others I'm all over, and this collection is definately one of the latter ones. It has all of my favourite colours. 100% getting them all!!

Medgal07

MRV your mani is so pretty!
clapping.gif
I love looking and I'm so glad you share your photos. It makes me see opportunities to expand my horizons and try things that I never thought I would or could!
Lovely haul! That Illamasqua Caress reminds me of the orders Royal Mail destroyed. I have still not received mine (ordered January 12th) but it should be on it's way. Caress was one of the discounted shades (no longer available) but I did not get it.

Accurate or not, it still looks lovely. I have not worn illamasqua for a while so I can't remember any difficulties. The base coat might have to do something with it though. Ever since I've been using Essie Ridge Filler, I don't remember having much bubbles.

Love! Can't wait to get mine! I'm planning to wear if before Easter for a green & egg theme
tong.gif

Oh, crap! Wish I had known this a week ago! They seem to ship internationally (no idea of the shipping fee though). I ordered On the Beach on Monday, and it seems to be in many sets, or 1-2 of something else I already have. Except in the set already sold out.
cry.gif

Ok, back to the Green March theme: I'm starting with Hare's Asteroid Turf. It had an odd texture, kind of stiky. The application was more stippling than storking. It evened out just fine though.

Naughtyp

yes!!! just picked up Illamasquas Spreckle and Fragile!! I want mottle too but since fragile was sold out online I figured I better get! the SA got it got me from the back. I'm so happy!! of te new 3 colors I like Harem the best I think I can throw out all my pink creams for this one!!! seriously lol
and OMG I realized they don't have obsessed anymore ;( I shoulda got that when I had the chance dammit!!

Medgal07

wavey.gif
Naughtyp!!! About those yellows---My favs are BL's Cheeky Chops, which is brighter than Jasper; Zoya's Piaf has a very slight hint of green and shimmer, like Chanel's Mimosa, shimmer but no green. Mac's Near Beth Experience could be a dupe for BL's Jasper. I'm not the person to tell you which of the five you should get. My logic says YOLO....GET THEM ALL
yahoo.gif

thanks medgal and CC! I hope I get them all lol I at leat have to get the spreckle ones I kno those are LE!
I love both green polishes u ladies used ;) I was pulling out all my greens yesterday. whoa! there is a lot!! lol I really got into blues and greens the last couple months. I used to be more into bright pinks and purples ( still am lol) but I just love all colors so much! lol

one thing I'm trying to decide on is yellow np. I only have one ( Loreal.haven't tried it yet). I have BL Jasper and Zoya Piaf on my wishlist I don't know if I need both? :/ anyone have any thoughts about either one?

Medgal07

Wow Anneri
eyelove.gif
That's just awesome. That requires skill and patience. Unfortunately, I have neither! I love this so much!!!!

Not green, but close! And mint always works, doesn't it?

I was fed up with the stickers. They hold up quite well, but I experienced some serious shrinkage which left the tips of nearly all my nails exposed. Maybe I'll have to practice apllying them more, because I've the feeling that I pulled them too straight while I applied them. Maybe that's the reason for the shrinkage.

Anyways, I already told y'all that I don't like shatter polish, but I really like the result of a shatter polish applied with a sponge. I saw that at a blog and decided to try it, and it's love.

You can see the effect a bit better here:

EDIT: I took the pics pre-cleanup. SORRY!

Medgal07

@ MRV I was eyeing that yesterday. It's like purple Bacterium!

Yum, I'll have some of that---I just did!! These are stragglers from my Feb NP haulage that arrived today. Thanks to CC, I was able to nab Dior's Forget-Me-Not! I had previously ordered the other two, Dior's Blue Label and Chanel's Paradoxal (the purple bacterium---LOL)

Naughtyp

Quote:Originally Posted by xelamazing

It's cause Donatello rocked the purple mask!
lol.gif

Personally, the polish reminds me of the Hulk, lol.

lol that is prob why Donatello was my favorite! lol

Naughtyp

wavey.gif
Naughtyp!!! About those yellows---My favs are BL's Cheeky Chops, which is brighter than Jasper; Zoya's Piaf has a very slight hint of green and shimmer, like Chanel's Mimosa, shimmer but no green. Mac's Near Beth Experience could be a dupe for BL's Jasper. I'm not the person to tell you which of the five you should get. My logic says YOLO....GET THEM ALL
yahoo.gif

you kno what? your right lol I will get both of them lol they look so pretty!!!
but after I get all my Illamasquas ;)

Latest posts