Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Naughtyp

Very pretty MAChostage!
eyelove.gif
Both NPs really compliment your nails!!!!
yes I agree!! I need to add that zoya to my zoya wishlist lol it grows by the day !!!

Naughtyp

No worries. I still got my Lippmann fix late last night. I used a promotion on my credit card and bought Lady Sings the Blues for only around $6. I'm still tempted by those Gilt sets, though.

I was telling Med how I forget that you can only get Illamasqua from Sephora, besides from their website. I need to remember to grab LE colors right away. I hesitated with Fragile when it restocked thinking I could get it later, but then remembered there's no where else to get it. I'm going to check my local store.

I think Med has both of those yellows.
Yea you should def go to the store if u have a chance. the store I went to didn't have them out on display yet but I just mentioned i came over here because it said they were in stock online. so she went and grabbed them for me ;) I can't wait to use em!
I did t pick up a color from Sephora and now they don't make it anymore (Obsess) I hate that the only place I can get it is from sephora :( but I think they are what pushed me into VIB status lol

I was dying o wear my zoya Blu polish so I used it one wed so I'm just going to put fragile over it.
on Sunday I will start my green challenge. Off the top of my head I want to wear ILL nomad, AE Dragon and CG Running in circles. I think I'll wait to wear RIC to see the Oz movie it totally makes me think of emerald city! plus a bunch of mint polishes and some others I can't remember right now.

Naughtyp

@ MRV I was eyeing that yesterday. It's like purple Bacterium!

Yum, I'll have some of that---I just did!! These are stragglers from my Feb NP haulage that arrived today. Thanks to CC, I was able to nab Dior's Forget-Me-Not! I had previously ordered the other two, Dior's Blue Label and Chanel's Paradoxal (the purple bacterium---LOL)

I want that purple Dior!!
and lol to ur other comment. we have a great sense of humor over here in the polish thread lol ;D

Naughtyp

I'll be back a little later to comment but just wanted to drop this link for my Essie ladies!
http://polishyoupretty.com/2013/03/01/swatch-review-essie-resort-2013/

It's the weekend, happy painting!
i am getting all of them!!! might be skipping the Madison ave collection for these!!

Medgal07

I want that purple Dior!!
and lol to ur other comment. we have a great sense of humor over here in the polish thread lol ;D
wavey.gif
Naughtyp, the one to which you're referring, Forget-Me-Not is rose scented. It you can't find that one (I got the last one that Saks had online), Dior's Purple Mix is a great dupe. It's just ever so slightly darker, but just as pretty.

Naughtyp

wavey.gif
Naughtyp, the one to which you're referring, Forget-Me-Not is rose scented. It you can't find that one (I got the last one that Saks had online), Dior's Purple Mix is a great dupe. It's just ever so slightly darker, but just as pretty.
ooooh rose scented?! how cool lol I will keep my eye out for both lol

CartoonChic

wavey.gif
Naughtyp!!! About those yellows---My favs are BL's Cheeky Chops, which is brighter than Jasper; Zoya's Piaf has a very slight hint of green and shimmer, like Chanel's Mimosa, shimmer but no green. Mac's Near Beth Experience could be a dupe for BL's Jasper. I'm not the person to tell you which of the five you should get. My logic says YOLO....GET THEM ALL
yahoo.gif

This confirms that I need to get more yellows. So happy and pretty.

MAChostage

CC, I have an acrylic overlay on my natural nail to help keep them strong. I actively use my hands, I'm by no means a "diva" in that regard, so every once in a blue moon I'll break one. Fortunately, and I attribute this to the overlay, the break is normally pretty clean. Therefore I simply glue the broken nail back on and continue the repair by further reinforcing it and then overlaying the whole thing with acrylic again. I've been doing my own nails for the past 5 months now so it's great not to stress about having to run somewhere when I do experience a break to get it fixed. I do need to trim them down a little bit right about now, but I love having them long. And yes, Yasmeen is even more gorgeous in person.

Your nails are so long! What do you do to stop them from breaking? That purple is amazing. Adds Yasmeen to my Zoya list.

Naughtyp

yup lol her pics sealed the deal for me too!! wish I could go get Piaf right now I have extra points so I have $3 off any item before march 9. I am kinda broke or else until Wednesday or else I'd use it to get BL jasper. that one seems more dupeable tho so I'm going to get the zoya for $5 lol

Medgal07

I don't know when yellow became one of my favorite colors---or at least when I started acknowledging it as such. During a discussion about favorite colors, I said I didn't know what that was when someone pointed out quite emphatically, "yellow is your favorite color." I was stunned at the time, but if you walk through my house you'll see pops of yellow--my favorite spot in the backyard---the hammock, is yellow & white & the large umbrella perched over it is---you guessed it---yellow! My
Le Creuset cookware and small Kitcheaid appliances & gadgets are all happy yellow. How I missed or failed to acknowledge it is anybody's guess, but I suppose I do like yellow. It is a very happy color that makes me want to dance---why not have it on your nails???
party.gif

Medgal07

yup lol her pics sealed the deal for me too!! wish I could go get Piaf right now I have extra points so I have $3 off any item before march 9. I am kinda broke or else until Wednesday or else I'd use it to get BL jasper. that one seems more dupeable tho so I'm going to get the zoya for $5 lol
Great choice Naughtyp!
iagree.gif
Piaf is the most unique of the two.

jennyap

Today's haul, mostly care of TKMaxx:

Top row, L-R: (All Leighton Denny) Honey Pot, Attention! Persian, In The Navy, Grey Expectations
Bottom row (all Essie) Crocadilly, Mojito Madness, Bikini So Teeny, Cascade Cool

More greens for March! My Illamasqua Mottle arrived too, I think that's what I'll wear first.

MACina

th_drool.gif
....stunning haul, Jenny!

Those Leighton Denny polishes look gorgeous
eyelove.gif

I have never heard of this brand before.

And I love the Essies too!

Top row, L-R: (All Leighton Denny) Honey Pot, Attention! Persian, In The Navy, Grey Expectations
Bottom row (all Essie) Crocadilly, Mojito Madness, Bikini So Teeny, Cascade Cool

More greens for March! My Illamasqua Mottle arrived too, I think that's what I'll wear first.

Medgal07

clapping.gif
Great haul Jennyap! The three Essie's are some of my favs and most frequently worn of all of my Essies. You have to love them, if only for the names!
girlhaha.gif

CartoonChic

CC, I have an acrylic overlay on my natural nail to help keep them strong. I actively use my hands, I'm by no means a "diva" in that regard, so every once in a blue moon I'll break one. Fortunately, and I attribute this to the overlay, the break is normally pretty clean. Therefore I simply glue the broken nail back on and continue the repair by further reinforcing it and then overlaying the whole thing with acrylic again. I've been doing my own nails for the past 5 months now so it's great not to stress about having to run somewhere when I do experience a break to get it fixed. I do need to trim them down a little bit right about now, but I love having them long. And yes, Yasmeen is even more gorgeous in person.
Thanks for the tip. It hadn't occurred to me to try to fix a broken nail. I thought once it broke, that was that.