Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

MRV

wavey.gif
Naughtyp!!! About those yellows---My favs are BL's Cheeky Chops, which is brighter than Jasper; Zoya's Piaf has a very slight hint of green and shimmer, like Chanel's Mimosa, shimmer but no green. Mac's Near Beth Experience could be a dupe for BL's Jasper. I'm not the person to tell you which of the five you should get. My logic says YOLO....GET THEM ALL
yahoo.gif

Lovely set of yellows! I have only Near Beth Experience, but Jasper is already on it's way and Cheeky Chops on my list. Yesterday I ordered Orly Melodious Utopia - a lovely spring yellow like these - along with Orly Preamp - a pink! I haven't bought pinks in a while, and I usually tend to skip them
sneaky.gif

MRV

;) I am gonna go to ulta tommorow to check out which Zoyas they have besides the spring collection. on my Zoya wishlist are: Julie, Gie Gie, Roxy, Carly, Cassi, Happy, Yasmin, Jem and Chyna. I have only seen a couple at Whole Foods only and not at either ulta by me. but they are $9 each there lol I like ulta cuz I can get two and use a $3.50 off coupon and get two for $13. I just saw a new thread for Opi Bond girls for Summer 2013. I want pussy galore lol it's a light pink liquid sand. I will be getting it for my cousion if she does t grab it she wanted a pink liquid sand.... I'm I te rested in some of the Zoyas pixie polishes as well for summer I want the purple one for sure. in the spring set I want the red one, Chyna.
on I stage am I also saw a new BL silver from the summer collection.... those will be arriving soon before I've even got all the spring colors ;(
Yay, Bond girls! I think I could go with Jinx and possibly Honey Ryder. I already have a blue sand and just ordered the bronzy one from Oz, so those are a skip.

However, I'm def. looking forward to the Zoya summer Pixies! The purple and the yellow-oranges. I will skip the first Pixie Dust collection because these are much better.

And... there's more Essie coming!!!

http://nailderellanails.blogspot.fi/2013/02/upcoming-essie-collections.html

MACina

th_e2cloud9.gif
....love,love,love these polishes, xelamazing!
We've had really nice weather this weekend and it's getting me all pumped for Spring. So, in preparation, I rifled through my polish stash and got out all my unworn corally nail polishes! Can't wait to start wearing them.
amuse.gif

The polish in the middle looks hot pink, but it's actually more of a reddened coral. It's so bright, it freaked my camera out!

MACina

That is really annoying
ssad.gif

But the colors are super pretty
heart.gif

Here's a mani I did with the new L'oreals I purchased... before it messed up. This mani chipped before I left the house today... with a top coat.
rants.gif
I love the color of this mani but the quality just isn't there.

And my Illamasquas arrived yesterday! Can't wait to do a mani with them. Also meant to get Dior's Amazonia but it was sold out when I went back on the Sephora site. But passed the Dior counter today and there it was. So wooohhoo, my first Dior polish.

Awesome, Slimmycakes
love.gif

jennyap

:drool: ....stunning haul, Jenny! Those Leighton Denny polishes look gorgeous :eyelove: I have never heard of this brand before.
Nor had I, but they looked so pretty I had to have them (not to mention they were a great deal). I googled and it's a UK brand, seems like they should be pretty good. Having swatched them my favourite is actually the odd one out - Honey Pot. It's a gorgeous multi-tonal copper which dries down to a matte metallic finish!

jennyap

We've had really nice weather this weekend and it's getting me all pumped for Spring. So, in preparation, I rifled through my polish stash and got out all my unworn corally nail polishes! Can't wait to start wearing them. :amused: The polish in the middle looks hot pink, but it's actually more of a reddened coral. It's so bright, it freaked my camera out!
Oh those are so pretty lined up together like that!
Here's a mani I did with the new L'oreals I purchased... before it messed up. This mani chipped before I left the house today... with a top coat. :rants:  I love the color of this mani but the quality just isn't there And my Illamasquas arrived yesterday! Can't wait to do a mani with them. Also meant to get Dior's Amazonia but it was sold out when I went back on the Sephora site. But passed the Dior counter today and there it was. So wooohhoo, my first Dior polish.
So annoying! And you're making me wish I'd got Fragile too. I saw a gorgeous mani which used Fragile and Mottle together in a gradient. But I need my money for Archie's which should finally be out at counters here this week!
Awesome purple! This reminds me I have to make a Zoya-to-buy list. I have only 4!
I don't have any Zoyas yet, every time I see them I always think they look beautiful but I know once I start buying them I won't be able to stop and I can only cope with so many brands to buy at once LOL I know we've seen this a few times lately, but here's my green no. 1 for March, Illa Mottle:
4cf12440_image.jpeg

MRV

Yet another Chanel Collection???

http://www.beautezine.com/chanel-spring-2013-avant-premiere-de-chanel-le-vernis-review-photos-swatches/

Naughtyp

Yay, Bond girls! I think I could go with Jinx and possibly Honey Ryder. I already have a blue sand and just ordered the bronzy one from Oz, so those are a skip.

However, I'm def. looking forward to the Zoya summer Pixies! The purple and the yellow-oranges. I will skip the first Pixie Dust collection because these are much better.

ummm getting tat purple for sure!!

MACina

th_drool.gif
....wow, what a pretty collection!

Thank you for sharing, MRV!

MRV

Greens of March: Illamasqua Milf. Unfortunately the top coat messed up the mani. There's all sorts of stripes and then bubbles when I tried to fix it.
cry.gif

MRV

Swatches of upcoming DL pinks:

http://www.sobbingonfifth.com/2013/01/deborah-lippmanns-im-not-edible-for.html

http://www.sobbingonfifth.com/2013/02/deborah-lippmanns-mermaids-kiss-for.html

MAChostage

Ladies, what do some of you consider to be the "must have colors" from the Color club 2013 Holo collection? I asked a local salon/nail supply store to get them last week and the order just arrived at the store this morning so they called me to let me know! I told them to pull one of each color for me and will quite naturally look them all over once I get there, but for those who have had the chance to see them I just wanted your opinions.

CartoonChic

Polish overload! I love coming back on here to see all the new manis, hauls and upcoming collection pics. It really does brighten my day.

Where is kimibos??? I miss her....

I really hope that she is fine!
I was thinking the same thing. I hope she's OK and will come back with a slew of her mani pics. We're still missing Buick as well.

CartoonChic

awesome haul!!! love ur choices ;)
I went researching yesterday ( swatching lol and comparing) I honestly think Illamasquas are my favorite brand now. the single swatches i did look so much better than every color I have!! Oh and I found Obsess online at sephora! yay! I'm getting everyone on my list once my payment clears.... Lament, Harem, Obsess, Mottle, Venuous, superstition and Stance. after that I'm going to be really picky ( at least with cream polishes lol) and only get unique colors in my stash. except for those resort Essie's.
ok I doubt this is going to work lol Essie and Illamasqua are my fav brands and I'm going try not to buy the same shade from 10 brands. I need to edit my collection!!
oh and I figured out what to do since I have so many np to try still. I'm going to pick two in the same color family and use one on my toes and on on my fingers. I change my toes everytime I cha ge my nails anyways so may as well sample all my colors! lol today I'm going to use Nomad But I need to decide on a second color.... HW! lol

CC once I have the polish I try not to think about how much money Ive spent amassing np lol
You know, I think that's what I need to start doing.

I looked up Obsess and added it to my list. I agree, I love Illamasqua's bright, saturated colors. I call them cartoon colors. Love your list.

CartoonChic

wavey.gif
CC. Your nail polish will last well beyond the memories of your trip. You did say a business trip correct? I traveled extensively for business and rarely got to enjoy any of the locations because it was all about the business. Maybe on a few occasions I added a day at the beginning or the end of a trip but they were fleeting. Now, if you're talking about a pleasure trip/vacation that you've had your heart set upon, that's a different story. You have substantial enough collections---makeup & NP that would allow you to impose a no buy on yourself. That said, I think for most of us here it's a real hobby (cough addiction) from which we derive a great deal of pleasure! It's a tough call, but one that only you can make. Whatever you decide, you have our love & support!!
friends.gif
grouphug2.gif
friends.gif
Thanks!
th_kiss.gif
bouquet.gif