Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

BuickMackane

Please tell me the Illamasqua fiasco didn't extent to the new limited edition speckled polishes. I just ordered Mottle.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but yes, it did. For me anyway.

Neither my early-mid January order, nor my specklies have arrived yet and they were shipped on the 21st and 23rd of February, respectively. My January order was destroyed by the Royal Mail the first time round, so this was the replacement. I received an e-mail from Illamasqua saying that orders have been destroyed again. It was a generic e-mail and didn't refer to a particular order, but my guess is that neither of them made it. I'd have received them otherwise.

I wouldn't be that worried at this stage because MRV received her January order safe and sound. Chances are your Mottle will join your stash very soon
flower.gif

BuickMackane

Lovely hauls Medgal and Naughtyp!
pompom.gif

Here's my new mani: Essence Boho Chic. This isn't the kind of colour I normally wear. I got it mostly for the finish, which I don't think comes across very well it the pic. Oh, and it was being DCd, and therefore half price lol.

kimibos

pompom.gif

Here's my new mani: Essence Boho Chic. This isn't the kind of colour I normally wear. I got it mostly for the finish, which I don't think comes across very well it the pic. Oh, and it was being DCd, and therefore half price lol.
it looks gorgeous! i like the glitter in it or did you layer something on it or am i seen things??
blink.gif

Medgal07

Woo hoo! I ordered mine last week and it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow
cheerleader.gif
I'm really excited for Nymphea. Have you seen swatches? Someone posted some on the purse forum.
yahoo.gif
AWESOME! I hope mine arrives tomorrow or Saturday. I saw swatches and went nuts. An individual on loveforlacquer.com has beautiful swatches, and I didn't even care that she struggled with Nymphea. It's gorgeous and I want it regardless! Did you also get the Gel Top Coat? The SA said she's sending me some "Goodies," so I'm eager to see what that might be.
icon_eek.gif

http://www.loveforlacquer.com/2013/03/dior-vernis-nymphea-crystal-swatches.html

BuickMackane

it looks gorgeous! i like the glitter in it or did you layer something on it or am i seen things??
blink.gif
Nope, you're not seeing things. It's got irregular chunks of glitter in it, some of which are pretty large. Kinda like flakies, but not exactly. It's a bit like the finish on Cookie Love, but with chunkier pieces.

Glad you like it because there's already one bottle with your name on it
greengrin.gif

Medgal07

eyelove.gif
Is it bazaar to say that I find looking at these beautiful swatches calming & therapeutic? Thank you Kimibos! I'm now as calm as a Jay Bird. They're all so pretty. I love the way your Zoya collection is exploding. I really like Zoya too.

OPI tickle my france-y with NYC 105 starry silver glitter.
heart.gif

Medgal07

Awwww Buick!
th_cheerup.gif
. I never got my AEs either. Let's go grab a pint and dull the pain
drinks.gif

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but yes, it did. For me anyway.

Neither my early-mid January order, nor my specklies have arrived yet and they were shipped on the 21st and 23rd of February, respectively. My January order was destroyed by the Royal Mail the first time round, so this was the replacement. I received an e-mail from Illamasqua saying that orders have been destroyed again. It was a generic e-mail and didn't refer to a particular order, but my guess is that neither of them made it. I'd have received them otherwise.

I wouldn't be that worried at this stage because MRV received her January order safe and sound. Chances are your Mottle will join your stash very soon
flower.gif

Medgal07

eyelove.gif
Nice, Nice haul Naughtyp! I've had issues with Ulta for a long time now and avoid buying from them. The story is too long to tell here---suffice it t say they altered a transaction in a way that cost me more money and no one will ever convince that what they did was unintentional!
ulta sux cuz they won't take coupons for opi anymore guess I will but them elsewhere for cheaper!

kimibos

Awwww Buick!
th_cheerup.gif
. I never got my AEs either. Let's go grab a pint and dull the pain
drinks.gif
you two dont feel bad there are better brands out there!!! i hope you can get your fix soon buick. remember i can do a cp for the deborah lippmans that are coming out.
th_cheerup.gif

omg medgal i do happen to miss alcohol sometimes lol
getyou.gif
damn colitis meds!!

Prettypackages

they have DL at your pharmacy?? I picked up so N'Opi colors but put them back down, while I was at CVS.
Small Haul Thursday!!!
curtsey.gif

Deborah Lippmann's Sweet Dreams (Candied Pink, Medium-Dark Fuchsia) arrived from Neiman's this morning.
Essie's Butler Please (An Indulgent Bright Blue) fell into my cart at the pharmacy.
icon_eek.gif
I blame you enablers for that one. You know who you are!

Medgal07

Thank you Buick!

Boho Chic is GORGEOUS. What an amazing orange! I wanted to see the finish that you were talking about so I Googled it. You are correct. It's awesome. What a shame that it's being D/C'd. I love the color and the finish!

http://www.lovevarnish.com/2012/08/new-essence-color-boho-chic.html
pompom.gif

Medgal07

bouquet.gif

thanks! im loving zoya. im definitely getting more if they have more sales. or at least free shipping.
you two dont feel bad there are better brands out there!!! i hope you can get your fix soon buick. remember i can do a cp for the deborah lippmans that are coming out.
th_cheerup.gif

omg medgal i do happen to miss alcohol sometimes lol
getyou.gif
damn colitis meds!!
I was joshing about the pint---I don't drink for the same reason. Who knew
th_dunno.gif
Could you imagine what would happen if we drank NP instead!
rofl.gif

kimibos

I was joshing about the pint---I don't drink for the same reason. Who knew
th_dunno.gif
Could you imagine what would happen if we drank NP instead!
rofl.gif
i dont think we would make it, can you believe the bodies of those people are able to take all that!? poor us. maybe we need to drink the nail polish hahaha wearing it is not enough, you have to DRINK IT!!!!