Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

honey on boost

The shipping charge is the only reason I haven't bought any RBL in the last 1.5-2 years. It's not so bad (well, it is bad, but less so) when you're buying at least 7-8 bottles, but it was only a couple of shades that really caught my attention and even I'm not daft enough to cough up 18 quid shipping for two bottles of polish.

I went ever so slightly shopping mad lately so getting 7-8 + RBLs is out of the question at this moment in time. I really want to believe that the colours I want (one of which is Aqua Lily) will stick around for several weeks but I know that's not going to happen
crybaby.gif
The shipping charge drives me nuts!! I only want Aqua Lily but I don't wan't to pay $7.95 for one polish. I know for a fact she only pays $2 to ship a small envelope in th US she's just making money off the shipping and that turns me off. If I can't get in on some type of group order I'll just be happy with Faraway being semi close to AL.

honey on boost

Where will you get them from? I know LLarowe used to stock them but then there was this row over some eBay listings and AFAIK the only place you can get them now is Lynderella's own eBay store.
Yeah, I'm kind happy Llarowe isn't selling them anymore that was just a hot mess! It was worse than black friday everytime she posted them for sale.

Lynn mainly sells through her brother paul on ebay but she also does private sales to her close friends.

Medgal07

oh i get you. and now you are ban from nail polish blogs!
girlhaha.gif

sorry about your marilyn polish. the bottles are so cute, i can totally understand why you want that red polish. im getting come to bed red today, medgal07 ordered it as well. i love love red nails.
I'm so excited to get Come to Bed Red! Stage Red from the Marilyn collection is very nice. In fact, I was surprised that it was as nice as it is. I also really like Rich Rich Rich form the Marilyn collection...a really pretty gold.

Have you seen Essie's Leading Lady? It's described as 'supreme red w/glitter,' and it too is surprisingly pretty!

BuickMackane

Halloween collections are my favorite. I have Ick-a-bod-y from that one (I'm scared to wear it again, it made my nails super yellow.
sick.gif
), I think the other two are harder to get.

This year's CG Halloween collection was kinda lame though, I didn't buy anything from it.
I have Ick-a-body and I'm not sure what I think about it. It looks gorgeous in the bottle but it looks off when I wear it. Or maybe I think it looks off because I'm not used to warm orangey colours on my nails.

I agree this year's ChG Halloween collection wasn't that special. I only got Cast A Spell and Immortal. Cast A Spell is a great blackened olive shimmer (emphasis on the blackened) and Immortal has a wonderful finish (which is the reason I got it).

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'm so excited to get Come to Bed Red! Stage Red from the Marilyn collection is very nice. In fact, I was surprised that it was as nice as it is. I also really like Rich Rich Rich form the Marilyn collection...a really pretty gold.

Have you seen Essie's Leading Lady? It's described as 'supreme red w/glitter,' and it too is surprisingly pretty!
That one looks gorgeous. And Color Club Winter Affair is very pretty too (kimibos, don't google for swatches because you will probably need it if you see it
girlhaha.gif
), I think I will get that one, looks very festive, perfect for the holidays.

BuickMackane

Yeah, I'm kind happy Llarowe isn't selling them anymore that was just a hot mess! It was worse than black friday everytime she posted them for sale.
Lynn mainly sells through her brother paul on ebay but she also does private sales to her close friends.
I heard about the Lynderella waiting lists on LLarowe but I haven't got first hand experience because Lynderellas have never been on my radar. Then when I finally got interested enough to buy some there was this hooha about bleeding and curling glitters (plus the eBay listings debacle). Then I lost interest again. Partly because of the eBay drama, but more because of the glitter issue. Chunky glitters are a pain to apply to begin with and if the glitters don't maintain their colour and stay flat on my nail it's not worth it.

What's your experience with Lynderella polishes been like?

BuickMackane

Seeing as vampy reds appear to receive a lot of love from nail polish loving Specktrettes I might as well list the ones in my stash. Not that I wear them often, mind.

- Zoya Blair
- Jessica Shall We Dance
- Jessice Aphrodite's Passion
- Deborah Lippmann Ruby Red Slippers
- RBL Atame
- RBL Black Russian (not really a red, but black with red shimmer)
- BB Couture Napa Valley Red
- ChG Stroll
- Orly Glam (a touch lighter than Stroll)
- Orly Thorned Rose
- ChG Lubu Heels (see RBL Black Russian)
- Essie Rock Star Skinny (if only I could find my bottle!)
- Essie Swing Velvet (I think this one made its way into mum's stash)
- OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ
- OPI Bogota Blackberry

Hmmm. I think that's it. If I have to pick an absolute favourite it has to be Napa Valley Red
heart.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
*adds Lubu Heels and Short&Sassy (found this one when I googled Zoya Blair) to neverending list*

BuickMackane, where do you buy Zoya? You're located in Europe as well, right?

MRV

Weird. Perhaps it's a temporary promotion? Or maybe I got free shipping because it was my first purchase.

Either way, I hope Cleopatra materialises in my postbox soon
drools.gif
I don't think so because I have never ordered anything either. However, I noticed today, just before finally placing my order for the Mermaid, that our price for it is 1 Euro less than yours. So I guess that is some kind of consolation.
001_unsure.gif

Yesterday I got my CG Cirque de Soleil order: It's a Trap-Eze, Whirled Away, Def Defying, and Surreal Appeal.

On their way, I have my first BLs: Shambolic, Jack the Lad, Scuppered (this trio was 25% off the UK price), and thanks to another 15% off offer, I also ordered Nails Inc Camden Lock and Dior Marilyn (I wanted the bottle
tong.gif
!).

BuickMackane

I don't think so because I have never ordered anything either. However, I noticed today, just before finally placing my order for the Mermaid, that our price for it is 1 Euro less than yours. So I guess that is some kind of consolation.
001_unsure.gif

Yesterday I got my CG Cirque de Soleil order: It's a Trap-Eze, Whirled Away, Def Defying, and Surreal Appeal.

On their way, I have my first BLs: Shambolic, Jack the Lad, Scuppered (this trio was 25% off the UK price), and thanks to another 15% off offer, I also ordered Nails Inc Camden Lock and Dior Marilyn (I wanted the bottle
tong.gif
!).
They have different prices for different Lippmann polishes. Mermaid is EUR1 less than Cleo on the Dutch website too.

Speaking of Cleo, it's disappeared from the Nelly website!
icon_eek.gif
I received my shipping confirmation yesterday so I guess I'm safe.

The BL trio sounds awesome. I have JTL and Scuppered but I didn't get Shambolic because I thought it was a bit too busy for me (I have small nails).

re: ChG - My haul arrived two days ago. I swatched all on a nail wheel and I'm currently wearing Angel Wings. It's just OK. I probably would have liked it better if I put on 3 coats instead of two. The colour saturation isn't quite there with 2 coats. It's A Trap-Eze and Glitter All The Way are the two stand outs.

BuickMackane

*adds Lubu Heels and Short&Sassy (found this one when I googled Zoya Blair) to neverending list*

BuickMackane, where do you buy Zoya? You're located in Europe as well, right?
There was an ebay store I used to buy all my Zoyas and OPIs from. They are no longer on eBay but I just send my wishlist to them and they send me the goodies :)

I don't know if they do this because I'm an old client (and quite a lucrative one at that
angelic.gif
). Every now and again they send me an e-mail with the recent arrivals. Shall I pm you their mail address?

re: Short & Sassy - I used to have this too, but I gave it to a friend of mine. IIRC it was a smidgen darker than Blair (and had less of a lit from within look).

BuickMackane

Quote: Originally Posted by Naynadine
Is that the green glitter? I have that one. It's kind of meh to me, I think I only wore it once.

Yup. Admittedly the base colour isn't as unique as ZZ but I still love it
heart.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
There was an ebay store I used to buy all my Zoyas and OPIs from. They are no longer on eBay but I just send my wishlist to them and they send me the goodies :)

I don't know if they do this because I'm an old client (and quite a lucrative one at that
angelic.gif
). Every now and again they send me an e-mail with the recent arrivals. Shall I pm you their mail address?

re: Short & Sassy - I used to have this too, but I gave it to a friend of mine. IIRC it was a smidgen darker than Blair (and had less of a lit from within look).
Was that store maiandjays or somehting like that, by any chance? I know a lot german nail polish addicts order there too, I think I have that address somewhere.

I noticed that Short&Sassy was a tad darker, that's why I liked it better. Do you think it could be a dupe for Malice?

honey on boost

I heard about the Lynderella waiting lists on LLarowe but I haven't got first hand experience because Lynderellas have never been on my radar. Then when I finally got interested enough to buy some there was this hooha about bleeding and curling glitters (plus the eBay listings debacle). Then I lost interest again. Partly because of the eBay drama, but more because of the glitter issue. Chunky glitters are a pain to apply to begin with and if the glitters don't maintain their colour and stay flat on my nail it's not worth it.

What's your experience with Lynderella polishes been like?
I rarely wear glitters since I'm more of a creme kinda girl. I haven't had any issues with any of my Lynn's but they aren't the standard brush on and go glitter like opi you have to dab them.

BuickMackane

Was that store maiandjays or somehting like that, by any chance? I know a lot german nail polish addicts order there too, I think I have that address somewhere.

I noticed that Short&Sassy was a tad darker, that's why I liked it better. Do you think it could be a dupe for Malice?
Yup. See this thread for more info: http://forums.vogue.com.au/archive/index.php/t-363585.html

I bought a lot from them over the years and I'm very pleased with their service
ok.gif

re: S&S vs. Malice - I really don't know. I haven't got Malice. But judging by online swatches Malice looks warmer in tone.

BuickMackane

I rarely wear glitters since I'm more of a creme kinda girl. I haven't had any issues with any of my Lynn's but they aren't the standard brush on and go glitter like opi you have to dab them.

I don't mind spending the extra time applying a glitter polish (and this includes poking the glitter around with a toothpick if necessary) as long as I know the colour won't bleed and I won't have glitter pieces sticking out of the nail surface like shark fins
lol.gif

Liz2012

So i finally caved and ordered my first Butter London polishes, really excited!
amuse.gif
I ordered Victoriana, Wallis, and Dosh. And there will probably be a lot more to come
whistle.gif

Went to town on tuesday and bought Essie's 'Butler Please', i love it
eyelove.gif
If i had to choose i would still go with 'Where's My Chauffeur?', but i'm definitely a big fan of this one as well :)

CartoonChic

My stash of red nail polish is lacking. I've never been drawn to red polish for some reason, but I have a few. Hmm, most of them have been purchased pretty recently now that I think about it, in the last month or so. I seem to be going through a lot of changes lately.

I'm also primarily a creme girl and I like shimmer, but not glitter. I haven't been much of a fan for glitter polish. I get 80's flashbacks. However, the glitter polish of today is a lot more sophisticated. I bought some Revlon glitter polish recently for layering not knowing they were dupes of Deborah Lippmann polishes. Now I have a wishlist of more Lippmann polishes I want to get. Layering is also another new change for me. What in the world is going on?! Well, whatever is happening, I like it.

Latest posts