Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

BuickMackane

Good grief! I disappear for a few days and the thread goes mental!

Happy belated birthday to the birthday girls
flower.gif

My Shoppe Eclecticco haul. It was the first time I bought from them so I kept it on the small side. I'll definitely be going back
thmbup.gif

Emily de Molly Candy Coated - Emily de Molly Serenity - Femme Fatale Keeper of the Grove - Femme Fatale Spring Fling - Hare Monster

And the final installment of my Cult nails order from Feb. You know, the one that went terribly wrong. They even included an extra polish (one that's not for sale at the moment)
pompom.gif
. Will post a pic of my Cult wheelie later.

Captivated - Deal With It - I Got Distracted - Just Because (bonus!!!)

BuickMackane

Cult Nails Wheelie
heart.gif

1 Feelin' Froggy 11 Captivated
2 Princess 12 Just Because
3 Charming 13 Happy Ending
4 Flushed 14 Cruisin' Nude
5 Disciplined 15 Tulum
6 My Kind Of Cool Aid 16 Iconic
7 Manipulative 17 Annalicious
8 - 18 Seduction
9 Deal With It 19 Toxic Seaweed
10 I Got Distracted 20 Let Me Fly

Manipulative, My Kind of Cool Aid, etc. look like your bog standard cremes in this pic but they're not. They have a really delicate hidden shimmer that camera challenged folk like yours truly can't capture. Le sigh. I had the same issue with my RBL wheels.

lilinah

Chanel June 539 (middle, thumb)
Deborah Lippmann Million Dollar Mermaid (index, pinky)
Illamasqua Purity (ring)

That manicure is all about orange
love.gif

Any idea how Purity compares to MAC Sweet Pop? I just went back and ordered 6 more polishes from Llarowe's website. Several were just toppers, so i need some nice plain solid colors and i kinda like Sweet Pop. And, yeah, i don't have any orange / peach / coral nps.

lilinah

I only ordered Jindie Taste Like Snozberries my first time on Llarowe - the site was kind of overwhelming. It just came in the mail and i haven't even prepped my nails properly, but i've got it on two fingers. It is so much fun! Just cheers me up. Here's Jindie's description:
Quote: Taste Like Snozberries has a medium neon purple/magenta crelly base that is fully opaque, with no visible nail line showing, after 2-3 coats. Added to the bright purple base are large magenta dots, medium magenta dots, bright blue metallic hex in a few sizes & silver holographic hex in several sizes. This one also has bright blue, deep purple and magenta smaller metallic, sparkly glitters. It applies super easy with little to no fishing required to to get a ton of glitter with each dip.

Her photos of it are here:
http://jindienails.com/products/taste-like-snozberries

One coat is enough for my tiny nails - my nails are long enough, i just have hands the size of an 8 or 9 year old's. It's true that there's a ton of glitter in each dip and a second coat would just overwhelm my nails. However i did use a pin to move some of the larger dots around so they weren't all stacked up. Just makes me happy to look at all the pretty colors!

This made me so happy i went back for more, and this time i hit nearly every page on the Llarowe site and ordered:
--- Darling Diva - Princess Celestia (sale) off-white jellyish with yellow, light blue, teal, pink, and light purple shapes - very light, sweet and spring-y
--- Chick - Rocker Chick - blackened plum with magenta and copper micro-shimmer
--- Wing Dust - Snakeskin Shoes - dark violet jelly with turquoise, purple, blue and fuchsia shapes
and
--- Dollish - Poor Unfortunate Souls - clear base with black, peach, red, fuchsia, purple, light blue, and silver shapes
--- Crowstoes - Voodoo - clear base with purple, orange and green glitter shapes
--- Femme Fatale - Lucent Ametrine (sale - dc'd) - clear base with multi-purple shapes and wine, iridescent blue and gold fine glitter

As you can see, i'm still on Team Purple

Once my Dior Creme Abricot gets here i will do my nails up proper. Plus i'm collecting everyone's suggestions about base and top coats and quick dryers...

I have a decent selection of "nude", olive, lime, mint, periwinkle, lavender, violet, and off-black cremes. I think i should add a coral and a bright light teal. I have waaay too many frost and glitter polishes... sparkle is my middle name...

I think once i get a few more cremes, i'll slow down. I'm just excited to have most of my nails the same length and shape right now. And, well, all you enablers supporters.

kimibos

My Shoppe Eclecticco haul. It was the first time I bought from them so I kept it on the small side. I'll definitely be going back
thmbup.gif

Emily de Molly Candy Coated - Emily de Molly Serenity - Femme Fatale Keeper of the Grove - Femme Fatale Spring Fling - Hare Monster
And the final installment of my Cult nails order from Feb. You know, the one that went terribly wrong. They even included an extra polish (one that's not for sale at the moment) . Will post a pic of my Cult wheelie later.

WOW the ones on top. emily brand are just gorgeous!! icant wait to see your manis!

kimibos

Cult Nails Wheelie
heart.gif

5 Disciplined 15 Tulum
8 - 18 Seduction

Manipulative, My Kind of Cool Aid, etc. look like your bog standard cremes in this pic but they're not. They have a really delicate hidden shimmer that camera challenged folk like yours truly can't capture. Le sigh. I had the same issue with my RBL wheels.
i like 18 and 19. you new ones look stunning as well. i love how you keep your wheels organized.

MACina

th_drool.gif
.....those are all so pretty, Buick!

Happy belated birthday to the birthday girls
flower.gif

thmbup.gif

And the final installment of my Cult nails order from Feb. You know, the one that went terribly wrong. They even included an extra polish (one that's not for sale at the moment)
pompom.gif
. Will post a pic of my Cult wheelie later.

honey on boost

Dear CC,

I need to block you from Specktra asap! My late night Specktra browsing + your Deborah Lippman post + my inability to fall asleep last night = I have about 6 DL's on the way.
girlhaha.gif
Now I want the purple and pink from the Mermaid collection as well.. but I'll wait to see how I like Million Dollar Mermaid First.

Medgal07

That manicure is all about orange
love.gif

Any idea how Purity compares to MAC Sweet Pop? I just went back and ordered 6 more polishes from Llarowe's website. Several were just toppers, so i need some nice plain solid colors and i kinda like Sweet Pop. And, yeah, i don't have any orange / peach / coral nps.
I don't think CC purchased Sweet Pop. I have both. Purity is lighter than Sweet Pop, and both NPs are lighter IRL than they appear on camera Other
pale coral creams are China Glaze's Peachy Keen, Butter London's Kerfuffle, MAC's Life & Beth, & Essie's A Crewed Interest.

Left: MAC's Sweet Pop
Right: Illamasqua's Purity

Coral Creme NPs
Left to right: CG Peachy Keen, Illamas Purity, Essie A Crewed Interest, MAC Life & Beth & Sweet Pop, BL Kerfuffle

Medgal07

Dear CC,

I need to block you from Specktra asap! My late night Specktra browsing + your Deborah Lippman post + my inability to fall asleep last night = I have about 6 DL's on the way.
girlhaha.gif
Now I want the purple and pink from the Mermaid collection as well.. but I'll wait to see how I like Million Dollar Mermaid First.
lol.gif

Medgal07

Things do have a way of exploding quite colorfully around here don't they?
girlhaha.gif

Oh my, oh my---Those Eclecticcos are very very pretty!!!
Yippee---those Cult NPs must have been on a slow boat from China to have taken so long, but man were they worth the wait!!! You so deserved that
pretty bonus NP too!
I always enjoy looking at your nail wheels!! So, so pretty!
Cult Nails Wheelie
heart.gif

5 Disciplined 15 Tulum
8 - 18 Seduction

Honi

Rocking some orange today with Saturday Disco Fever from Essie Summer Neons. This is like the only one from the collection that I would classify as being the closest to being neon to be honest, the others are nice and has bright color but theyre not neon.. Two layers!

MACina

flower.gif
.....SUMMER!!!!

Very pretty, Honi
heart.gif

Rocking some orange today with Saturday Disco Fever from Essie Summer Neons. This is like the only one from the collection that I would classify as being the closest to being neon to be honest, the others are nice and has bright color but theyre not neon.. Two layers!

MRV

Quote:

Awesome! Perfect for hot days (that now have dissapeared!?).

I'm wearing a polish from my most wanted summer collection: Paul & Joe, #031 Miami. They call it lavender, but it's a rather pink lavender. There are 5 new polishes in the Beach Baby Collection. They have not released any polishes since last summer so it was about time!

I got my first Lancôme Vernis last week! The "other dept. store" had five shades for 20% off, so I got one. Chocolat Mordoré. Love the name, but there's no reflets dorés (?), it's just a creme. I might grab later also Infusion de Prune. The other shades were not interesting. They have been selling also some ELs for 30% but I did not jump on them as they were nude/bright pinks.

BuickMackane

OMG, Buick! SE has been having 25% off of Aussies, too! Now I regret not having checked out this shop earlier! Luckily I was still able to order Emily de Molly Candy Coated, Femme Fatale Keeper of the Grove, Spring Fling and The Other Side of the World.
pompom.gif
Spring Fling is there no more
icon_eek.gif
I want TOSOTW too dammit!
th_crazy.gif

Check out MeiMei's Signatures
sneaky.gif
poke.gif

Anitacska

Hello Ladies! I had a fab time in Sweden, it was brilliant, although a very tiring 3 days and yesterday we had my son's birthday party, so I'm pooped, lol! Wanted to come and show you my Llarowe order that arrived while I was away and the two Isadora polishes I got in Sweden. I have just updated my spreadsheet and I am now very close to the 1000 mark, so now is the time to stop buying nail polish, and in fact I'm going on a general spending ban for a few months. I have spent a lot of money on myself and now feeling really guilty, so it's time to stop. I will come and show you my manis and there are a few more polishes I want to pick up incl. the new DL Mermaid polishes, but that's it. Wish me luck!

Anyway, here are the polishes and the mani I'm wearing today (Barry M Matte White topped with Models Own Show Stopper). Sadly no sunshine, so can't show the glitter at its best.

honey on boost

Cult Nails Wheelie
heart.gif

5 Disciplined 15 Tulum
8 - 18 Seduction

Manipulative is one of my faves!

honey on boost

Speaking of cute bottles.. I was just searching paul & joe on urban outfitters and found these adorable anna sui polishes
eyelove.gif

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=25757683&color=036&parentid=MORE%20IDEAS

MACina

th_welcomeback2.png
....glad to hear that you had nice time!

Pretty new polishes
eyelove.gif

Hello Ladies! I had a fab time in Sweden, it was brilliant, although a very tiring 3 days and yesterday we had my son's birthday party, so I'm pooped, lol! Wanted to come and show you my Llarowe order that arrived while I was away and the two Isadora polishes I got in Sweden. I have just updated my spreadsheet and I am now very close to the 1000 mark, so now is the time to stop buying nail polish, and in fact I'm going on a general spending ban for a few months. I have spent a lot of money on myself and now feeling really guilty, so it's time to stop. I will come and show you my manis and there are a few more polishes I want to pick up incl. the new DL Mermaid polishes, but that's it. Wish me luck!

Anyway, here are the polishes and the mani I'm wearing today (Barry M Matte White topped with Models Own Show Stopper). Sadly no sunshine, so can't show the glitter at its best.