Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

kimibos

You have to get the promo through a link. It was in an email they sent out today. I figured you were signed up for their emails and got it.
nope thats weird. but thanks, im going to pass.
whistle.gif

kimibos

got blue gaze np today, I'm glad I picked it up it reminds me of the one from Chen man I didn't pick up. I need to pick one of the butter london holiday colors but I don't know which one..... :/
nice dont forget to post pic.

BuickMackane

Quote: Originally Posted by kimibos
yes some of their colors are really pretty. and some are perfect with just one coat. i hate not being able to open a polish, i go crazy. once i asked my brother to open one for me and never again, he used his teeth, and my opi bottle has a bite mark, i was soo mad i could have done that.
ohboy.gif
i asked cause i didnt want marks in the bottle! men dont understand
getyou.gif
at them.i dont have american apparel polishes, but the color look very pretty. the neon ones. now i want their neons
girlhaha.gif
they are in my summer lists now!

Oh the horror! How dare he violate a NP bottle! The OPI wasn't LE, I hope?

It's not just men that don't understand. I've had plenty of clueless females borrow NP from me, only to return them with half the bottle contents dried up around the rim, or with polish all over the cap and/or bottle. Fat chance of them being anywhere near my bottled babies ever again!
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif

Off topic, but I love this smiley ==>
getyou.gif

The rolling pin - bow combo is hilarious!

re: American Apparel - I haven't tried their neons, but bloggers seem to like them. I don't know if they are sufficiently different from ChG, Color Club etc. to warrant the higher price tag. I only have 3 AA cremes: Cameo Blue, Army Jacket and Dynasty. The formula is very good in all three shades. They have a colour called McArthur Park which has been on my wishlist for ages. Dunno if it's still been made though.

kimibos

^^ it was from the toy something collection. i still have it but i put an snoopy rubber so i dont see the marks. i know, one girl borrowed opi the color so hot it burns and never returned it, so she stole it. its on my opi to get list now.

never again too. i only share my polish with my aunt and mom, and by sharing i mean i do their nails in my room hahaha

im that smiley when i talk to my cats, during those crazy fights at midnight, they fight for every single place in the room, even who is going to be sleeping on the pillows i dont use. i know they arre never going to do as told but sometimes im like
getyou.gif
at them cats
girlhaha.gif

honey on boost

Oh the horror! How dare he violate a NP bottle! The OPI wasn't LE, I hope?

It's not just men that don't understand. I've had plenty of clueless females borrow NP from me, only to return them with half the bottle contents dried up around the rim, or with polish all over the cap and/or bottle. Fat chance of them being anywhere near my bottled babies ever again!
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif

Off topic, but I love this smiley ==>
getyou.gif

The rolling pin - bow combo is hilarious!

re: American Apparel - I haven't tried their neons, but bloggers seem to like them. I don't know if they are sufficiently different from ChG, Color Club etc. to warrant the higher price tag. I only have 3 AA cremes: Cameo Blue, Army Jacket and Dynasty. The formula is very good in all three shades. They have a colour called McArthur Park which has been on my wishlist for ages. Dunno if it's still been made though.
That drives me nuts!! My friends n sisters think I'm mean because I won't let them use my polish unless I paint their nails.

kimibos

That's a nice collection you got going on there! I really like the clear shoe box drawers.
Juleps are tall and skinny. I love that some of them are one coaters but the inconsistent formula drives me nuts!! And they seperate fairly quick.. I always have to get my bf to shake them and that doesn't even help sometimes :( I get free Maven boxes every month for the next two years cause I'm a "VIP" but I usually just give them to friends or family.
That drives me nuts!! My friends n sisters think I'm mean because I won't let them use my polish unless I paint their nails.
thmbup.gif

Liz2012

Oh yeah.. and my Lynnderella's arrived today. They are so so pretty
eyelove.gif

Great haul honey on boost, enjoy!
peace2.gif
I took a peak in Lynnderella's eBay store just now, she really makes the cutest nail polishes
love.gif
I don't know if i should be sad or glad that she doesn't ship internationally, lol. I would have been in real trouble if she did
whistle.gif

Corally

Oh yeah.. and my Lynnderella's arrived today. They are so so pretty :eyelove:
Great haul honey on boost, enjoy! :peace:  I took a peak in Lynnderella's eBay store just now, she really makes the cutest nail polishes :love:  I don't know if i should be sad or glad that she doesn't ship internationally, lol. I would have been in real trouble if she did :whistle:
I went straight to the eBay store lol. Those polishes are sooo pretty. Sucks that she doesn't ship internationally, but I guess it's for the best... those polishes are pricey! :shock: I thought indie brands were a lot cheaper? :dunno:

BuickMackane

Oh yeah.. and my Lynnderella's arrived today. They are so so pretty
eyelove.gif

Great haul!
pompom.gif

Kinda off topic, but I've been meaning to ask this for ages. You know you mentioned having sent NP overseas? Did you also receive any NP from overseas, say, in a swap? I'm wondering how US customs and postal services handle NP that arrive in the country. TIA.

honey on boost

Great haul!
pompom.gif

Kinda off topic, but I've been meaning to ask this for ages. You know you mentioned having sent NP overseas? Did you also receive any NP from overseas, say, in a swap? I'm wondering how US customs and postal services handle NP that arrive in the country. TIA.
Yep! I've done a few swaps and received a few ROAK's from Malaysia, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Brazil, UK and France with no issues at all.

BuickMackane

Quote: Yep! I've done a few swaps and received a few ROAK's from Malaysia, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Brazil, UK and France with no issues at all.

Thanks! That's really good to know
flower.gif

800quid for a Lynn? And I thought I was mental!
icon_eek.gif

Corally

I went straight to the eBay store lol. Those polishes are sooo pretty. Sucks that she doesn't ship internationally, but I guess it's for the best... those polishes are pricey! :shock: I thought indie brands were a lot cheaper? :dunno:
lol yea they are pricey. There was a HUGE ordeal with her polishes months back some were going for $800 each on ebay! crazy
Tha fack. :jawdrop: That's insane!

CartoonChic

Gah! I managed to resist Beauty.com's free Lippmann Boom Boom Pow deal, but I couldn't escape butterlondon.com's current promo. 30% off and free shipping. I used the opportunity to get some of the US exclusive polishes so I wouldn't have to order them from each individual store.

Cake-Hole - Macy's Exclusive
Brummie - Macy's Exclusive
Scouse - Dillard's Exclusive
Sprog - Ulta Exclusive
Tee Total - Ulta Exclusive

I don't see Tee Total on Ulta's website, but Sprog is still there. I didn't want to spend too much, so I didn't get the Nordstrom Exclusives Stag Do and Billy No Mates. I already have Two Fingered Salute. I'm going to hopefully pick them up during Nordstrom 's next buy 2/get 1 free promotion.

kimibos

Gah! I managed to resist Beauty.com's free Lippmann Boom Boom Pow deal, but I couldn't escape butterlondon.com's current promo. 30% off and free shipping. I used the opportunity to get some of the US exclusive polishes so I wouldn't have to order them from each individual store.

Cake-Hole - Macy's Exclusive
Brummie - Macy's Exclusive
Scouse - Dillard's Exclusive
Sprog - Ulta Exclusive
Tee Total - Ulta Exclusive

I don't see Tee Total on Ulta's website, but Sprog is still there. I didn't want to spend too much, so I didn't get the Nordstrom Exclusives Stag Do and Billy No Mates. I already have Two Fingered Salute. I'm going to hopefully pick them up during Nordstrom 's next buy 2/get 1 free promotion.
thanks! i didnt know they had exclusives. i got sprog already and 2 fingered salute. i luv them both! i may just order my list and stag do and scouse.
i dont think im going to find them for $9 in any other sale.

CartoonChic

thanks! i didnt know they had exclusives. i got sprog already and 2 fingered salute. i luv them both! i may just order my list and stag do and scouse.
i dont think im going to find them for $9 in any other sale.
That's exactly why I caved. It's too good a deal to pass up. I wanted more, but I was really trying to restrain myself after all the other polish purchases I've made. The coupon code ends tonight, so maybe...

kimibos

my no-buy effort is going to hell...
sweatdrop.gif
soon
cry.gif
i just cant pass a good sale. i feel like if i make it 3 more weeks after today or until the next BL spring collection, im going to be ok with myself.

Liz2012

my no-buy effort is going to hell...
sweatdrop.gif
soon
cry.gif
i just cant pass a good sale. i feel like if i make it 3 more weeks after today or until the next BL spring collection, im going to be ok with myself.
It's hard to stay strong isn't it?
sweatdrop.gif
i almost caved too today, multiple times. I was gonna skip DL Cleopatra In New York, but today i woke up with the feeling that i need it in my life, lol
nocomment.gif
Come on girl, we can do this
biguns.gif

Latest posts