Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
love the Snow Much Fun! That was gonna be in my xmas mani, but hey, there's still tons of winter left for me to use it LOL Great haul!

Happy belated birthday! I spent all night watching a Criminal Minds marathon... which is still on... they're doing the whole show beginning to the end so far. Pictures of my Tree Disguise mani later!
Thanks for the birthday wishes :)
bouquet.gif

MRV

Happy belated birthday, Naynadine!

Quote: Originally Posted by Anitacska

And I have no idea what you're talking about!
greengrin.gif
Me neither!
girlhaha.gif

I did a good deed today and counted my polishes (the official 2013 count). I was afraid of the big K, but there's still many hauls before that. I also counted that I have used 40,3% of them. Oops!

Anitacska

Thanks, PDF. I think those two were good together colorwise, but this type of glitter (it's the same as AE She Walks in Beauty) is a bit difficult for a gradient (done with the brush) as you don't get the best transition. A glitter with larger glitters might be easier to start with (like FF or EdM).

Thanks, CC!

Thanks, Anitacska! Oh, I wanted a Ciate Calendar last year! But they were quite expensive (eBay and such).

Oh no! I checked out my used polishes and there was only a few yellow cremes, all LE of course. What about NOPI Hit the Lights (I think it was good for an yellow)?

Love the glitters in SMF! Do you have Glitter Food or a gel TC? They might help with this kind of glitters. I was wearing Glitter Food with my recent KBS mani.

A free polish? Nice!

Happy belated birthday, Naynadine!

Me neither!
girlhaha.gif

I did a good deed today and counted my polishes (the official 2013 count). I was afraid of the big K, but there's still many hauls before that. I also counted that I have used 40,3% of them. Oops!
I don't have Glitter Food (what brand is that?), and my Guerlain gel top coat is a bit thin atm. It was getting really thick, so I added thinner to it, but now it's too thin. I need to dig out my Dior gel top coat, if only I could remember where I put it...
blink.gif

MRV

I don't have Glitter Food (what brand is that?), and my Guerlain gel top coat is a bit thin atm. It was getting really thick, so I added thinner to it, but now it's too thin. I need to dig out my Dior gel top coat, if only I could remember where I put it...
blink.gif
It's Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food.

Naughtyp

Happy new year ladies!!! Anita I am jealous of your ciate calendar I wanted one but talked myself out of it multiple times lol. Been Mia for awhile , my bad. I got lots of pics to post but ill try to spread it out. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year's Eve! Apparently there was a enchanted polish released today I slept thru. A grey holo, once upon a cloud. Wish I had been awke but oh well!! My CBL order should b sent out tomorrow, I've got some haul pics to post too. Gotta go catch up now, be back!!

Anitacska

Gotta go catch up now, be back!!
How do people know about this? I follow EP on Facebook and Instagram and not seen any mention of it.
th_dunno.gif
It doesn't matter, I wouldn't have got it anyway. I'm waiting for more duochrome holos to come out, the plain holos are nice, but not really worth all the aggravation.

I forgot that the 12th December Llarowe order was a restock one, so it's gonna take a while yet to arrive, but my 22nd December one has been sent, so hopefully will come this week or beginning of next week. I'm also waiting for my Norway Nails order to arrive. The low buy has started, maximum 5 polishes per month. It sounds ridiculously low, but that's actually 60 per year which is far more than most people have.

raych1984

Ah, then I don't think I got it.  Sounds like fun! Vienna is a lovely city, I've only ever been once a long time ago, but remember that it was gorgeous. Happy New Year to you all! We're staying in, but letting the children stay up until midnight and watch the fireworks on the telly (from London). I still did my nails, of course, and this is my New Year's Eve mani: I love this polish, such a gorgeous and unique colour. The snowflakes are a bit annoying though as if they're on the top, they tend to curl and get stuck on things, so I've had to trim off a few of the points. Still, I'm very happy I finally managed to snag it. My second Darling Diva order came today, this was the Etsy order, and again she included a free polish (Queen of Diamonds). If I hadn't already done by mani, Crooked Star would make a fantastic NYE polish, it's like fireworks in a bottle! Also, here's another picture of my Ciate polishes and the two Topshop polishes I got yesterday: There's one topcoat, one basecoat, a couple of beads, one glitter and one sequin, the rest are polishes. Not bad for £21.
What are the two topshop polishes called? They are gorgeous!!

Anitacska

Happy new years guys! I've been at home all night, had planned to head out but my youngest crashed out early so we stayed in. My manicure was Yellow Fever by Rescue beauty lounge, which disappointingly chipped almost immediately. I'm still on the hunt for a really awesome sunny yellow... does anyone have any ideas on a streakfree, long yearing yellow creme (not neon)?
I have a nice yellow from Color Club called Almost Famous,that's a pretty sunny yellow. I don't own it, but Zoya Pippa looks nice too.

Naughtyp

How do people know about this? I follow EP on Facebook and Instagram and not seen any mention of it. :dunno:  It doesn't matter, I wouldn't have got it anyway. I'm waiting for more duochrome holos to come out, the plain holos are nice, but not really worth all the aggravation.  I forgot that the 12th December Llarowe order was a restock one, so it's gonna take a while yet to arrive, but my 22nd December one has been sent, so hopefully will come this week or beginning of next week. I'm also waiting for my Norway Nails order to arrive. The low buy has started, maximum 5 polishes per month. It sounds ridiculously low, but that's actually 60 per year which is far more than most people have. 
I saw it posted on a EP fan page on fb. I have actually been checking the EP the past few days, guess other ppl have been to and posted once it caMe up today. I actually have no. $$ in the bank to have ordered it anyways, just cash. It's not a color I wear often anyways, I just really like the name lol. Only. 5 a month does sound low but I gotta set a limit for myself as well. I have more than enough to make it thru the next year or two ! Oops I thought I posted this hours ago!!!

Pinkdollface

Thanks, PDF. I think those two were good together colorwise, but this type of glitter (it's the same as AE She Walks in Beauty) is a bit difficult for a gradient (done with the brush) as you don't get the best transition. A glitter with larger glitters might be easier to start with (like FF or EdM). Thanks, CC! Thanks, Anitacska! Oh, I wanted a Ciate Calendar last year! But they were quite expensive (eBay and such). Oh no! I checked out my used polishes and there was only a few yellow cremes, all LE of course. What about NOPI Hit the Lights (I think it was good for an yellow)? Love the glitters in SMF! Do you have Glitter Food or a gel TC? They might help with this kind of glitters. I was wearing Glitter Food with my recent KBS mani. A free polish? Nice! Happy belated birthday, Naynadine! Me neither! :haha: I did a good deed today and counted my polishes (the official 2013 count). I was afraid of the big K, but there's still many hauls before that. I also counted that I have used 40,3% of them. Oops!
Thanks for the tip! I'll try a larger glitter first when I finally do a gradient mani.

MRV

How do people know about this? I follow EP on Facebook and Instagram and not seen any mention of it.
th_dunno.gif
It doesn't matter, I wouldn't have got it anyway. I'm waiting for more duochrome holos to come out, the plain holos are nice, but not really worth all the aggravation.

I forgot that the 12th December Llarowe order was a restock one, so it's gonna take a while yet to arrive, but my 22nd December one has been sent, so hopefully will come this week or beginning of next week. I'm also waiting for my Norway Nails order to arrive. The low buy has started, maximum 5 polishes per month. It sounds ridiculously low, but that's actually 60 per year which is far more than most people have.

That's what I'm thinking, too. What's the use to follow FB or IG or sigh up for the newsletter if nothing is told?! Well, at least I can live without the grey.

Quote: Originally Posted by Pinkdollface

Thanks for the tip! I'll try a larger glitter first when I finally do a gradient mani.
Good luck with the mani! Please post pics.

Here's my New Year's mani: OPI Ski Slope Sweetie and CbL Y U All Up in My Grill (whatever that means)

And my fist NP package for 2014
heart.gif

Living After Midnight, Moment of Impact, Head over Heels, Inner Peace, Hole in the Sky

Anitacska

WTF2.gif

That's what I'm thinking, too. What's the use to follow FB or IG or sigh up for the newsletter if nothing is told?! Well, at least I can live without the grey.

Here's my New Year's mani: OPI Ski Slope Sweetie and CbL Y U All Up in My Grill (whatever that means)

heart.gif

Living After Midnight, Moment of Impact, Head over Heels, Inner Peace, Hole in the Sky
Clearly she can sell out without advertising, so she doesn't have to bother.
th_dunno.gif

Love your mani and your haul! Nothing has arrived for me this year, but I did a new mani last night, will post pictures later.

jennyap

Happy New Year ladies!! Quote:Originally Posted by Anitacska

Gorgeous mani! That Essie polish is another one I need to wear asap!

div>

Where did you get your Essie On a Silver Platter? I've been keeping an eye out for that collection in stores but not seen anything. Love everyone's Christmas / New Year manis! I actually took a week-long break from NP over Christmas itself, as DH & I were off work / on our own so I left the house as little as possible, and my nails weren't in a good state so it seemed like a good time to leave them bare for a bit. I did do a mani for our family Christmas which was on the 28th this year - still have that on although it's badly chipped. It's an ombre skittles mani using Lacquer Lust's Amethyst, Garnet & Ruby. Will post a pic later if I remember (chips and all!)

Fuzzy

WTF2.gif

heart.gif

Pretty!

ok, this has a million layers: 2 coats Matte Nail Envy(green always stains on me), one coat China Glaze Running in Circles, 2 coats Femme Fatale Tree Disguise Kit, one coat NPB Glitter Food & Two coats Cult Nails Wicked Fast. Whew *wipes brow* LOL

CartoonChic

I only have one, Slate, it chipped really fast so I was kind of disappointed...
Pretty!

ok, this has a million layers: 2 coats Matte Nail Envy(green always stains on me), one coat China Glaze Running in Circles, 2 coats Femme Fatale Tree Disguise Kit, one coat NPB Glitter Food & Two coats Cult Nails Wicked Fast. Whew *wipes brow* LOL

Pretty! Love the shade of green you created with the layers.

CartoonChic

I wore naked nails for New Year's... and they're still naked! I was going to wear the Dior Sparkle set, but bailed when I decided to not go out. It takes extra work to wear if you all recall the post I made about applying it. Didn't want to go through all of that just to stay in. Wait, I'm on Instagram now! I think I can upload the video I took when I first tried it on so you can see how sparkly it is. I'm going to mess around with it. I have plans to go out and get dressed up later this month. I'll probably wear it then.

Latest posts