Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anneri

Great ava, CC! My nails are naked too atm. I didn't manage a manicure before we flew to Vienna. Whats your IG name? I tried to search but didn't find you.

Anitacska

I wore naked nails for New Year's... and they're still naked! I was going to wear the Dior Sparkle set, but bailed when I decided to not go out. It takes extra work to wear if you all recall the post I made about applying it. Didn't want to go through all of that just to stay in. Wait, I'm on Instagram now! I think I can upload the video I took when I first tried it on so you can see how sparkly it is. I'm going to mess around with it. I have plans to go out and get dressed up later this month. I'll probably wear it then.

Quote: Originally Posted by Anneri

Great ava, CC! My nails are naked too atm. I didn't manage a manicure before we flew to Vienna.
Whats your IG name? I tried to search but didn't find you.

What? Naked nails? And you call yourselves NPAs?
nonono.gif
lol.gif
I'm wearing Naild' It Tea Parties and Fairytales on top of P.I.A. no. 42.

As you can see, I have some tip wear, but otherwise it's stayed chip free all day, so that's alright.

Honi

I have so many manis to show you that I dont even know where to start, christmas/newyears has been crazy for me and I quit my job aswell. Time to do new things!

Essie - Toggle to the top

Essie - Shearling Darling + Isadora -Rocky Red

Make up store - Melissa

Collection 2000 - Shameless + Isadora - Gold Digger

More to come!

Anitacska

I have so many manis to show you that I dont even know where to start, christmas/newyears has been crazy for me and I quit my job aswell. Time to do new things!

Essie - Toggle to the top

Essie - Shearling Darling + Isadora -Rocky Red

Make up store - Melissa

Collection 2000 - Shameless + Isadora - Gold Digger

More to come!
Lovely! Best of luck for 2014!

allthingsglam

Try Illamasqua Scorn. You can also just get a matte top coat to apply over any black polish you have. I saw the new Enchanted too after it was sold out. I'm going to have to get used to missing more of them. I'm determined to travel this year and to go out more, so I won't be able to check things as frequently as I have in the past. You're mani is so pretty and sparkly! I agree about the non-announced Enchanted shades. It's a thrill when you get it, but not so much fun when you had no clue it was even there. :haha:  Y U All Up in My Grill is slang for "Why you all up in my grill?" Grill is a reference for teeth, specifically for people who wear gold teeth or "grills." Mostly known to be worn by rappers or people wanting to create a tough image. It's used to mean "why are you getting all up in my face?" or basically why are you causing me problems or giving me attitude.  Pretty! Love the shade of green you created with the layers.
Thanks cartoonchic

Anitacska

Just when I decide to only buy 5 polishes a month, Dance Legend release an amazing multichrome, bronze to gold to black, something I've never seen before!
jawdrop.gif
Llarowe is launching it tomorrow. I could just order one polish, but the shipping for one is probably the same as the polish itself. What to do, what to do?

CartoonChic

Just when I decide to only buy 5 polishes a month, Dance Legend release an amazing multichrome, bronze to gold to black, something I've never seen before!
jawdrop.gif
Llarowe is launching it tomorrow. I could just order one polish, but the shipping for one is probably the same as the polish itself. What to do, what to do?
You know what to do.
graucho.gif
Seriously though, I'm not trying to sabotage your efforts. But I do think small exceptions should be made for truly amazing colors. Or instead of 5 per month, maybe 10. At least enough to make it worth the cost of shipping for you.

Anitacska

Thanks Anneri! I needed to change it. Got tired of looking at the same ol' pic. My IG name is shopmebeautiful. I'm still not used to using it. My daughter and NaughtyP have been coaching me, but I forget to check and use it.

Lol! *hangs head in shame* Yes, naked nails. But I'm painting them tonight. Cute mani.

I especially like this one. It's a very sexy color. I wish you luck, as well. I wish us all luck! I feel like we're all going to have a bunch of positive changes this year.
yes.gif

No problem!

You know what to do.
graucho.gif
Seriously though, I'm not trying to sabotage your efforts. But I do think small exceptions should be made for truly amazing colors. Or instead of 5 per month, maybe 10. At least enough to make it worth the cost of shipping for you.
Amen to that!

Yeah, you're right. I'm not going to miss out on it and will order a couple more to justify postage. I think 5 a month is a bit too ambitious, but I'll see how it goes. I also set myself a general beauty budget, so if I manage to stay below the budget, I might allow myself an extra 1 or 2 polishes. At the moment, there's nothing else I must have, so hopefully I'll manage.

MRV

I will comment later but post this mani now as I can't do it from my Mac. It's ILNP Nostalgia. And I really could not capture all it's beauty in the limited artificial light that I have now.

jennyap

Amen to that!

Yeah, you're right. I'm not going to miss out on it and will order a couple more to justify postage. I think 5 a month is a bit too ambitious, but I'll see how it goes. I also set myself a general beauty budget, so if I manage to stay below the budget, I might allow myself an extra 1 or 2 polishes. At the moment, there's nothing else I must have, so hopefully I'll manage.
I like the idea of an extra reward for 'good behaviour'. You could also work on the basis that it's an average not a strict month by month limit, so if you go over this month that's ok, you just have to cut down by the same amount next month.

Anitacska

Woohoo, I've managed to grab The Knight at the first restock!
pompom.gif
I decided to order 3 other polishes to make up for shipping. However, with that and my Mac order from yesterday I'm already halfway to my budget. Gulp!

My Norway Nails order arrived today, here it is:

The Lilypad is the Norway Nails exclusive. Epic Snow Day is really pretty, it has pink snowflakes and hearts.

MRV

Woohoo, I've managed to grab The Knight at the first restock!
pompom.gif
I decided to order 3 other polishes to make up for shipping.
However, with that and my Mac order from yesterday I'm already halfway to my budget. Gulp!

My Norway Nails order arrived today, here it is:

The Lilypad is the Norway Nails exclusive. Epic Snow Day is really pretty, it has pink snowflakes and hearts.
Yay, I got it, too! And 3 other polishes.
girlhaha.gif
I had to get the Knight because I actually bought the other Chameleons a few days ago. - Love stinks? I need a polish with a name like that! A while ago I also got an exclusive from NN, FF's Dark Angel + True Blood (it's a very dark version of it, looks almost black).

Talking about sales - Cadillaquer has many polishes +/- 50% off (of USD12)! I meant to buy a few Dexters (it's finally back on our tv), but got a bunch of the discounted ones instead. Oops. But there was clearly a reason why I hadn't bought any Cadillaquers before.

Anitacska

Thanks, Fuzzy! Love your mani, too!

Thank you! Love your new avatar!

Thank you for the explanation. Hmm.. I've had a French professor that had gold teeth.. I'm sure it was for the tough image.
girlhaha.gif

Oh, that polish has a load of glitters!

Love the Isadora holo glitters! I got two of them, too.

Thanks, Anitacska!

Yay, I got it, too! And 3 other polishes.
girlhaha.gif
I had to get the Knight because I actually bought the other Chameleons a few days ago. - Love stinks? I need a polish with a name like that! A while ago I also got an exclusive from NN, FF's Dark Angel + True Blood (it's a very dark version of it, looks almost black).

Talking about sales - Cadillaquer has many polishes +/- 50% off (of USD12)! I meant to buy a few Dexters (it's finally back on our tv), but got a bunch of the discounted ones instead. Oops. But there was clearly a reason why I hadn't bought any Cadillaquers before.
Glad you got it too! I thought about buying FF Dark Angel, but it was so expensive, I couldn't press the button in the end. It just didn't seem special enough for that price, lol.

Fuzzy

I will comment later but post this mani now as I can't do it from my Mac. It's ILNP Nostalgia. And I really could not capture all it's beauty in the limited artificial light that I have now.

eyelove.gif

ugh I think I went everywhere today! Sooo tired! I'm going to be making some big changes with my hair next week, eeep. I miss the white already, but it's just too fried to go on I think. It's been 6 years after all.
001_unsure.gif

LastContrast

Amen to that!

Last year I was on a beauty no buy but when I cheated it came out of different bits of my budget - ie after my Rescue Beauty Lounge order I used the library rather than buying new books/hiring movies on itunes for 2 months.

Are there any groups of UK nail polish-ers that you could split orders with to work out something on the shipping issue? (I say that keep on meaning to look for one in Australia and never doing it!)

Anitacska

Last year I was on a beauty no buy but when I cheated it came out of different bits of my budget - ie after my Rescue Beauty Lounge order I used the library rather than buying new books/hiring movies on itunes for 2 months.

Are there any groups of UK nail polish-ers that you could split orders with to work out something on the shipping issue? (I say that keep on meaning to look for one in Australia and never doing it!)
For me it's not the question of whether I can afford it, my husband has a good job and we're fine financially, but I've been feeling very guilty about spending a ton of make up and lately nail polish. I have 3 children and I need to think about them, save more money and be able to afford more things like a great holiday or a loft conversion (my son's bedroom is tiny and he hates it). So this year will be the year of saving, not spending for me.

LastContrast

For me it's not the question of whether I can afford it, my husband has a good job and we're fine financially, but I've been feeling very guilty about spending a ton of make up and lately nail polish. I have 3 children and I need to think about them, save more money and be able to afford more things like a great holiday or a loft conversion (my son's bedroom is tiny and he hates it). So this year will be the year of saving, not spending for me.
Yeah, I can afford a lot of makeup too but I had too much (my untrieds pile was getting beyond a joke). I started making a commitment to donate an amount (equal to my old cosmetics budget) to a homeless charity and using some of my untrieds so I could actually appreciate them!

Ps - we did the loft conversion 4 years ago and have never looked back... it's so good to create more room for the kids.

Naughtyp

Morning ladies! Im on my new phone, no more iphone CC I love the me pic! What Lippie is that? And the red ine in your old one? No bling nails on Nye? Task task lol :) Anita I'm glad u got the dance legend, what else did u order? Fuzzy what r u gonna do to your hair? I'm gonna cut mine in spring. M RV I want that ilnp now! I think its time to post some pics now lol
a00d2eda_IMG_1407.jpeg
Essie On a Silver Platter
8c5f64f5_IMG_1394.jpeg
Jade Irresisteval

Naughtyp

Ugh I just had so many pic up!!
9bbf08e7_IMG_1023.jpeg
Dance Legend Optical Illusion
75185dff_IMG_1353.jpeg
Enchanted Mr. Burgundy
975f5094_IMG_1039.jpeg
Literary Lacquers A Thousand Christmas Tree's