Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Of course, a special place is reserved for the polishes I made myself.
And here they are!

Indigo Bananas Son of Fire

The pictures aren't too great as yesterday it was just raining all day and even today we didn't have much sunshine. It is a bit more holo than the picture shows, but obviously not without sunlight.

Oh yes, I discovered many new indie brands in 2013, Indigo Bananas being one of them. I'd already owned a few indie polishes in 2012, but it properly kicked off in 2013!

Fuzzy

Hello ladies! I've to admit that I'm kinda happy that the holidays and NYE are over and everything is back to normal. Today is the first 'real' working day for a lot of people over here and I've an apartment to clean and the christmas decoration to put away. I managed to do my nails! I was shocked at myself to that I didn't manage to do my nails for NYE, but the flight to Vienna was incredibly early and after putting on my MU on the plane I felt accomplished enough and just forgot about the nails. Pity, because I had such pretty nail stickers from L'Oreal in a black and gold Art Deco pattern. Oh well. I'll find a use for them I guess.

Naughty, I'm so impressed by your ornaments! I wanted to do something like that so bad but couldn't find the clear ornaments suitable for this project!

Honi and MRV, great manis! (As always!)

Anita, I like your new polishes!

At the beginning of the new year, what do you all think about a little conclusion of 2013? Namely, we could all list our favourite nailpolishes, and I'd love to hear about your fave indie brand (and why it's your fave).
What do you think?

Here are my manis I did in the new year and my teeny tiny Vienna haul:

Both are from Bipa, a drugstore chain in Austria.

This is This Girl is on Fire... Help! by CbL. I absolutely love this one, now I understand why everybody raved about CbL! Fantastic formula and fantastic brush.

I topped this mani with Different Dimention Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez:

And this is Cadilacquer Once more with feeling. Big love again, great formula and love how every aspect of the polish (shimmer, base colour, glitters) come together!

Gorgeous manis!

I really didn't get to paint my nails as much as I would have liked this past year, I was spending so much time looking for a condo and then I had to help get my Mom's house ready for sale. Then the house was on the market so I couldn't have the place smelling like chemicals too much... and then packing to move into my place! Once I got settled in here I got right back to painting them again regularly and I hope to continue to do so. It keeps my nails from getting too soft when I'm washing the dishes! lol I'm not sure I could do a very good favourites list this year.

josephine90

You know. I wanna try Zoya so bad. But, I just think they are too expensive. Most of the times I can get my Julep polishes cheaper than $9. And, then they have the nerve to say you can get 3 free colors. But, then you have to pay $12 for S&H. Who charges that much for S&H. If I wasn't broke right now I would go for it. But, I hate when companies say free and they don't mean it. BTW. Right now I have on one of the prettiest purple polishes I own. Julep's Morgan. So purply!
I saw the email too, it sounds like a free trial that auto renews with full price that I always see on tv lol, I know zoya is not like that but the way they word it reminds me of it for some reason, I'm still gonna get it though

wearecloudy

What colors are you planning on snatching up? :)

I got my Julep polishes from the winter warehouse sale today. And, since it's so cold outside..they kinda halfway froze. Luckily once they warmed up they went back to normal.

josephine90

What colors are you planning on snatching up? :) I got my Julep polishes from the winter warehouse sale today. And, since it's so cold outside..they kinda halfway froze. Luckily once they warmed up they went back to normal. 
I'm pretty new to zoya, so I'm thinking Lexi, rue and hapi. What do u think? Omg, it's freezing here, the town is shut down except for essential personals. Thank god your polishes are fine! I hate calling CS for anything really

MRV

And here they are!

Indigo Bananas Son of Fire

The pictures aren't too great as yesterday it was just raining all day and even today we didn't have much sunshine. It is a bit more holo than the picture shows, but obviously not without sunlight.

Oh yes, I discovered many new indie brands in 2013, Indigo Bananas being one of them. I'd already owned a few indie polishes in 2012, but it properly kicked off in 2013!
Nice haul and lovely coloured mani! But what is Wuv Twu Wuv??
lol.gif

Here's my latest mani. CbL Precious Metal and FF Midsummer Petals. The combo might strike odd, but the shimmer in PM is in the same colour as MP's glitters are.

Fuzzy

Naughtyp, love your manis (so many holos and greens!) and hauls, but those ornaments are just awesome! Did you hang them on a tree? I may try these later on - but I just received today my first 500 nail sticks!!! So I already have something to paint!
girlhaha.gif

Me too :( We don't have any upgrading programs, you are stuck with the one you get if you don't buy a new one.

Our work elevator is acting up, too. Last week we had to try 'landing' on the first floor tree times (the cart just stopped too early).

Oh, I'm liking this collection! New colours always get me. Pitty they are a bit expensive and harder to get.

I thought it was an OPI not NOPI collection.

Ugh, yes, I saw these earlier, and I'm happy to skip them, too.

Thanks, Anneri! Lovely manis. I also got that Cadillaquer last week form their sale. We had our last holiday yesterday, and now everything is back to normal again I hope.

As for 2013, I think I'm with Anitascka: many brands, but I have not had time to wear a lot from the biggest brands that I have. The best ones are of course EdM, Femme Fatale, Hare, CbL, Enchanted, etc. I think one of my fave manis was the über golden one with EdM High Distinction and FF Eventide. The holo I liked the most was surprisingly a scattered one: Orly Sparkling Garbage (because I wore it on my toes, too, for weeks!).
BTW - Emily has new colours! http://www.emilydemolly.bigcartel.com/products
pompom.gif

Nice haul and lovely coloured mani! But what is Wuv Twu Wuv??
lol.gif

Here's my latest mani. CbL Precious Metal and FF Midsummer Petals. The combo might strike odd, but the shimmer in PM is in the same colour as MP's glitters are.

eyelove.gif

Yeah there's no iPhone upgrades for me either, I could upgrade to an Android but then I would lose my apps and I'd have to re-burn all of my CDs into a different format. uh no thanks! I'd have to have my Dad bring over boxes of CDs to do them all again as some of them are his. I'd probably also lose my monthly plan and have to pay more for less! arg.

It's good there's a way to retry with your elevator- it must be quite a bit older if it can be manually operated. This modern-style elevator of advanced age I have here needs some sort of part and who knows when that's coming!

I might be getting a bathroom door today! Finally!

Anneri

MRV, have fun with those nailsticks! And remember to open a window for all those fumes! I believe Wuv etc is Love True Love in that annoying baby speech mode. I know it from somewhere, but can't pin it down. It rings a bell for sure. Somebody help? Love that mani, but that's nothing new. You've such a good eye for colour and glitter combos!

Fuzzy

That's a really nice combo!

I've just painted my nails with Sparkling Garbage! Been planning on using it for ages, finally got around to it. Will post pictures tomorrow.

I like the new EdM colours!

I have no idea what Wuv Twu Wuv is.
SOS.gif

Sorry to hear you didn't manage to get a door for your bathroom.

I saw this video posted on Facebook today, it's really funny and so true! The Secret Life of a Polish Addict: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wkbxBQAdkE&feature=youtu.be
I'll try a different store next week. Then maybe I can have a non-drafty shower LOL

MRV

That's a really nice combo!

I've just painted my nails with Sparkling Garbage! Been planning on using it for ages, finally got around to it. Will post pictures tomorrow.

I like the new EdM colours!

I have no idea what Wuv Twu Wuv is.
SOS.gif

Sorry to hear you didn't manage to get a door for your bathroom.

I saw this video posted on Facebook today, it's really funny and so true! The Secret Life of a Polish Addict: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wkbxBQAdkE&feature=youtu.be
Thanks, Anitacska! How do you like SG?

The Secret Life
lol.gif
. - I need a Helmer, too! Seriously. I DO. Even though I don't have any room for it. I was just reorganizing my untrieds the other day, and assembled two new carboard boxes for them. They are now seven. Actually I need two Helmers
angelic.gif

Here's KBS Snow Flaking Way.

Anitacska

Love the Pixies!

Thanks, I will. Oh, no. I would not want to hear that from anybody's mouth in baby speech. Thank you! Well, combining colours is kind of my hobby.
girlhaha.gif

Thanks, Anitacska! How do you like SG?

The Secret Life
lol.gif
. - I need a Helmer, too! Seriously. I DO. Even though I don't have any room for it. I was just reorganizing my untrieds the other day, and assembled two new carboard boxes for them. They are now seven. Actually I need two Helmers
angelic.gif

Here's KBS Snow Flaking Way.

Very nice! How do you find the snowflakes? They look like they stick up quite a bit.

You only have 7 boxes full of nail polish? How big are the boxes? I recall you saying you had nearly 1000. I have 20+ boxes, some bigger than others. I need a Helmer too, or four.
lol.gif
But I have nowhere to put it. I have literally run out of space for nail polish and make up. That's one of the reasons for a very low-buy this year. So far so good....

Although I saw that Llarowe will have a launch/restock as well as Takko restock, I don't own anything from that brand, but they look really nice. Oh dear. Willpower!

wearecloudy

I went ahead and bit on the Zoya promotion since I got a little bit of money yesterday.

I ordered Ki, Charla, and Zuza as my first Zoyas. I hope I like them.

Currently, I am wearing the only red polish I have ever liked/loved. Julep's Delaunay. I can't get a pic. Sorry.