Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Looks like it's $30.49 for either 3 or 4 bottles, was showing at about $3 more for around 10 bottles.
That's ridiculous. I don't mind paying $15 or so, but that's double that. No thanks.
blah.gif

PearlyQueen

Both manis are lovely and the earrings are very nice too!

Is it pink/purple week then?
girlhaha.gif
I only have one of these I think. Nice colours!

It's blue mani week for me, I'm currently wearing Sinful Colors Cinderella (light blue with pink sparkles, very apt name) with Nails Inc Floral in Queensgate Gardens. It was a pain, at first the flower glitters wouldn't come out at all, then when I just wanted some of the blue glitter, I couldn't stop them from coming out! They also don't lie flat, but with a coat of NPB Glitter Food they're okay.

I did say I was buying some more pinks! My polishes tend to arrive in colour combos! Actually, I don't usually buy a lot of pinks, these add a bit of variety to the mountain.
Your Nails Inc looks cute, I was looking forward to seeing them used in anger - sounds like a pain to use though. Well done for persevering, it's a lovely mani.

PearlyQueen

That's ridiculous. I don't mind paying $15 or so, but that's double that. No thanks.
blah.gif
Agreed, that's why I shipped to US at $8, my shippers will combine it with any other orders in the next few weeks. I do like my PO box, I only opened it to get some EPs from Nail Polish Canada, but it's been really useful for blog sales, eBay etc. who don't ship to UK, plus things like this where I can get some goodies I wouldn't be able to afford till later otherwise.

Anitacska

Agreed, that's why I shipped to US at $8, my shippers will combine it with any other orders in the next few weeks. I do like my PO box, I only opened it to get some EPs from Nail Polish Canada, but it's been really useful for blog sales, eBay etc. who don't ship to UK, plus things like this where I can get some goodies I wouldn't be able to afford till later otherwise.
Would you mind telling me what service you use, either here or in PM, I might look into it as I do buy quite a bit from the US. Thanks.

PearlyQueen

Would you mind telling me what service you use, either here or in PM, I might look into it as I do buy quite a bit from the US. Thanks.
My box is with www.stackry.com - they have a referral feature, if you let me have your email address to refer you, if you want to sign up I think we both get $10 off our next shipping when you use it...
There's no monthly charge, they'll store for up to 45 days for free and you get to combine your shipping orders together (and declare your own values/contents... :) ) for $2 per package.
You have to fill in their shipping form and email them ID to let them act on your behalf - the form asked for a Notary's signature on it but I did it without one and they didn't come back to me to ask for it.

Anitacska

My box is with www.stackry.com - they have a referral feature, if you let me have your email address to refer you, if you want to sign up I think we both get $10 off our next shipping when you use it...
There's no monthly charge, they'll store for up to 45 days for free and you get to combine your shipping orders together (and declare your own values/contents... :) ) for $2 per package.
You have to fill in their shipping form and email them ID to let them act on your behalf - the form asked for a Notary's signature on it but I did it without one and they didn't come back to me to ask for it.
Thanks, I've PM'ed you.

Anitacska

Okay, well thanks to PearlyQueen, I have placed an order with NailNation 3000.
girlhaha.gif
Looking forward to filling up my box in the next 45 days, lol.

Anitacska

Has anyone ordered from Beauty So Fly? They are a Singapore based online shop and have a few exclusive Lilypads, plus will be restocking and adding some new shades soon. Shipping is only $15 (Singapore dollars) for up to 10 bottles, much cheaper than MeiMei.

MRV

Has anyone ordered from Beauty So Fly? They are a Singapore based online shop and have a few exclusive Lilypads, plus will be restocking and adding some new shades soon. Shipping is only $15 (Singapore dollars) for up to 10 bottles, much cheaper than MeiMei.
I've ordered several times. They're ok.

PearlyQueen

Thank you, PearlyQueen!

Nice haul! I like the change. For some reason I'm feeling reds more, too!

I have no experience with them either.

I have no news from EP.

Thank you, Anitacska!

Oh no, I got one of those flower polishes, too. Big bummer about the performance, they make a nice accent though.

Lovely! Now I want those IBs too!
angelic.gif

Hmm, this could be interesting. Do you mean they take only a 2 USD fee for the shipping? What about other fees? How are they with the customs?

I've ordered several times. They're ok.
Hi MRV - Stackry's $2 is for each package you want merged together, shipping is on top of that and varies by size/weight of the final package (and presumably destination!). They take your individual items out of the envelopes/boxes and put them in a standard shipping packet of appropriate size (my polishes were still individually bubble wrapped though). My last set was 7 polishes, shipping fees only were $18 to the UK, amalgamation was on top of that. They came in a small box that I reckon would have held double the number of bottles, but presumably the added weight would also have added cost. There is a calculator on the site to give you an idea of expected shipping costs.
You fill in your own customs declaration, so it's up to you what value you put on the package, which is what customs go by.
I presume they add a bit to the actual shipping costs to make their money, but the amalgamation fees are the only ones you pay direct to them, plus any fees for keeping stuff there for over the allotted 45 days. If they are making profits through the shipping price, you don't see how much they are!
If you do want a referral for a discount on your first order, PM me your email address and I'll do it.
x

Anneri

I wish she'd put the limited ones out (also) on the 22nd instead of the 7th so we'd have a chance, too! I have never tried but read that they go in a flash, the 'normal' ones are easier to get. Hmm, I think it serves best as a safety reflector as you said! :haha: That is such good news for your girl! Yes, it was a rather interesting polish in the end. The shift was very strong when introduced to sunlight. Inside it was that pinky greyish nude, but it started to turn into a dusky lavender when outside. I think it might react to UV so something. The strong purple comes out only in sunlight, so unless you're popping it and out of sun, it's not that exciting. Nice little haul! That's a nice dupe, good shift and love the glow in the first pic. Hmm, maybe I should paint my toes, too. Nice to hear you've got Essence now! Thanks, Anneri, I'm feeling better now. Last Wednesday was not a good day, my nose was running like crazy, but luckily I started to rinse it with salted water that day so the flood stopped. Still rinsing though, it's not entirely over. It's magic! :haha: Where do you buy your IBs from, Anneri? PS Congrats to Germany! Lovely manis, especially the first one. Which plates has those nice leafs? Thank you for posting these! I had not actually seen them yet as I had not caught up after I got my laptop back last week (the whole episode took three days and two trips to Mac :( ). I think I might get the red duochromes (there are not many of them) and JR 1967 - my birth year polish after all! Nice glitter!
I get my IBs from her own store. Not the etsy one, because she sells mini bottles there. And 8ml are enough for me, I'll never finish one anyway. Thank you! The leaves are actually water decals from Bourjois. I got them from Asos. Oh, I couldn't care less about football. I'm mainly deeply grateful that it's over, there're no longer noisy football fans outside and hubby actually spende evenings again with me instead being glued to the TV screen! Good to hear that you're better again.
Recent manis: Elevation The Med 2 & Catch a Wave (liked the glitter a lot, it was very reflective)
d1c2f616_image.jpeg
OPI Coca-Cola Red (nice, brighter than I expected) and Cadillacquer We'll Meet Again (love this one!) with related bottles!
f0e11042_image.jpeg
f70a9409_image.jpeg
I also made a third pair of earrings with PP Aurora. There's some shift but not nearly as much as on nails.
588fb837_image.jpeg
I love the blue mani. Is the topper made from holo glitter? Do keep showing us your jewellery pieces! Love them.
Your galaxy nails are absolutely stunning, so talented!  And that IB is definitely on my wish list now, upgraded from maybe! 
Thank you PearlyQueen! The IB is a great one - a word of warning though - I've never ecperienced glitter flakes that stayed stuck to the nails like those. I gave up trying to remove them after a while and just put new polish over them! :p
Both manis are lovely and the earrings are very nice too! Is it pink/purple week then? :haha:  I only have one of these I think. Nice colours! It's blue mani week for me, I'm currently wearing Sinful Colors Cinderella (light blue with pink sparkles, very apt name) with Nails Inc Floral in Queensgate Gardens. It was a pain, at first the flower glitters wouldn't come out at all, then when I just wanted some of the blue glitter, I couldn't stop them from coming out! They also don't lie flat, but with a coat of NPB Glitter Food they're okay. 
Love that polish with the little flowers in it. So unique and delicate!
Thank you, PearlyQueen! Nice haul! I like the change. For some reason I'm feeling reds more, too! I have no experience with them either. I have no news from EP. Thank you, Anitacska!  Oh no, I got one of those flower polishes, too. Big bummer about the performance, they make a nice accent though. Lovely! Now I want those IBs too! :angel: Hmm, this could be interesting. Do you mean they take only a 2 USD fee for the shipping? What about other fees? How are they with the customs? I've ordered several times. They're ok.
Heh. Everybody is enabled for those IBs now!
Hi MRV - Stackry's $2 is for each package you want merged together, shipping is on top of that and varies by size/weight of the final package (and presumably destination!).  They take your individual items out of the envelopes/boxes and put them in a standard shipping packet of appropriate size (my polishes were still individually bubble wrapped though).  My last set was 7 polishes, shipping fees only were $18 to the UK, amalgamation was on top of that.  They came in a small box that I reckon would have held double the number of bottles, but presumably the added weight would also have added cost.  There is a calculator on the site to give you an idea of expected shipping costs.  You fill in your own customs declaration, so it's up to you what value you put on the package, which is what customs go by. I presume they add a bit to the actual shipping costs to make their money, but the amalgamation fees are the only ones you pay direct to them, plus any fees for keeping stuff there for over the allotted 45 days.  If they are making profits through the shipping price, you don't see how much they are!  If you do want a referral for a discount on your first order, PM me your email address and I'll do it. x
I'm starting to be really tempted to try them too! But I shouldn't - I really need some sandals and there's hubby's and my birthday looming (we conveniently share a birthday).

Anneri

Here's also yesterday's mani that was somehow disappointing, so I removed it today and used the last of my untried Cadillacquer which I'm now totally in love with. That's Maybelline Lilac Rebel (the glitter polish that was a nightmare - gloopy and the glitters didn't want to lie flat), the accent nail is Essie Blanc and Rock the Boat with the help of striping tape and a sponge.
4c90ba21_image.jpeg
And here's Cadillacquer Saviour. It's a lovely peacock colour. There's the lovely teal base with a slight shift to green and blue, the strong holo effect and pinky purple glitters. Much more than my Camera could pick up but I'm in love.
bd3bcef7_image.jpeg

PearlyQueen

My new mani is a bit of a disaster!
I started with Special FX Lilac Chameleon:

I swear this has faded in my drawer, because I remember it being a much stronger pink/lilac shade. Artificial light it's like a pale grey with a hint of purple, halogens it's like cream with gold shimmer, sunlight it's like cream with a hint of pink and very sparkly. It's very pretty now, but not at all me! It's a bit....bridal.
So I added a crackle top coat (Nails Inc Hoxton Crackle):

And now I hate it! I'm sooo unconvinced by Crackles, I have two and I've never got on with them. It's a while since I used one, but this just looks a mess to me! And it's my second attempt at it tonight, can't face a third mani in one day! Gotta live with it I guess...
I'm seriously thinking about binning this one, wish I'd left it bridal, it wasn't that bad!

Anitacska

My new mani is a bit of a disaster!
I started with Special FX Lilac Chameleon:

I swear this has faded in my drawer, because I remember it being a much stronger pink/lilac shade. Artificial light it's like a pale grey with a hint of purple, halogens it's like cream with gold shimmer, sunlight it's like cream with a hint of pink and very sparkly. It's very pretty now, but not at all me! It's a bit....bridal.
So I added a crackle top coat (Nails Inc Hoxton Crackle):

And now I hate it! I'm sooo unconvinced by Crackles, I have two and I've never got on with them. It's a while since I used one, but this just looks a mess to me! And it's my second attempt at it tonight, can't face a third mani in one day! Gotta live with it I guess...
I'm seriously thinking about binning this one, wish I'd left it bridal, it wasn't that bad!
I like it. But to be honest, I think the Nails Inc crackles are one of the worst around. I got some of the glitter crackles once and ended up getting a refund because they just didn't crackle at all. I like the 17 ones and the OPI ones are good too, although having said that my OPI blue crackle has dried out completely! Not one of my other 2000 polishes has ever dried out before. Disappointing as it's such a massive bottle as well, and of course not cheap!

Anneri

My new mani is a bit of a disaster! I started with Special FX Lilac Chameleon: I swear this has faded in my drawer, because I remember it being a much stronger pink/lilac shade.   Artificial light it's like a pale grey with a hint of purple, halogens it's like cream with gold shimmer, sunlight it's like cream with a hint of pink and very sparkly.  It's very pretty now, but not at all me!  It's a bit....bridal.  So I added a crackle top coat (Nails Inc Hoxton Crackle): And now I hate it!  I'm sooo unconvinced by Crackles, I have two and I've never got on with them.  It's a while since I used one, but this just looks a mess to me!  And it's my second attempt at it tonight, can't face a third mani in one day!  Gotta live with it I guess... I'm seriously thinking about binning this one, wish I'd left it bridal, it wasn't that bad!
If you want to try again with a crackle polish, here's one suggestion: take a little sponge, dab some of the crackle polish on it and sponge it on the nail. The crackle effect is much finer that way. There's one mani I did that way in the picture gallery. I wanted to post it again to give you an idea what it looks like but I can't find it on my phone. Eta - here it is!
356425c9_image.jpeg
Also, Thank you PearlyQueen and Anitacska for the kind words about my mani! The maybelline - well, I had high hopes for those and got all four, so it was extra disappointing. But hey, for 1,75€ each!

Anneri

Oh, btw: can anyone recommend a good topcoat? Not one of the thicker ones for glitter, I'm set on that front. But I'm starting to hate my former tc - essie good to go. Prefarably one I don't have to order somewhere, but I'm open to all suggestions!

PearlyQueen

Thank you. Their range of brands isn't as god as MeiMei, but the Lilypads are calling my name. Also the shipping is a steal.

Thanks. I'm happy for you that football is over. My husband isn't into it, my son and older daughter watched a few matches, but other than that it had no effect on our lives. I used to watch it with my Dad who was a big fan of football, but last time I watched a match was in 1990.

I really like your first mani, I saw it on Instagram too. Shame the Maybelline didn't perform as well as it should, I didn't bother with those myself. The Cadillacquer looks very pretty too.

I like it. But to be honest, I think the Nails Inc crackles are one of the worst around. I got some of the glitter crackles once and ended up getting a refund because they just didn't crackle at all. I like the 17 ones and the OPI ones are good too, although having said that my OPI blue crackle has dried out completely! Not one of my other 2000 polishes has ever dried out before. Disappointing as it's such a massive bottle as well, and of course not cheap!
Thanks Anita, I nearly didn't post it because I was ashamed of it! It's actually grown on me a little bit overnight, but I don't think it's a look I'll ever favour.
My other one is an OPI in gold, and again I wasn't impressed with it when I used it before but I don't think it was quite as bad as this one. I'm shocked that yours has dried out, one thing I will say in favour of OPI is that they usually stay usable to the bottom of the bottle.

Anitacska

Oh, btw: can anyone recommend a good topcoat? Not one of the thicker ones for glitter, I'm set on that front. But I'm starting to hate my former tc - essie good to go. Prefarably one I don't have to order somewhere, but I'm open to all suggestions!
I use Glisten & Glow H K Girl top coat and I'm happy with it. The other one I've used in the past and really liked was OPI RapiDry top coat. Oh and the Guerlain gel top coat is nice too, but rather pricey. Did not like the Dior one though.