Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Bcteagirl

LOVE the new Enchanted polishes!

Recently through craiglist I managed to bag two polishes, a Happy Hands and my first Hare!!

The hare is Twilights Savings and the Happy Hands is Afternoon Thunderstorms.

Current Mani: Models Own Golden Shore

MRV

Some pretty ugliness... I decided to try out my flower glitter too and combined Richmond and Hampstead Gardens!
96c6e711_image.jpeg
I also had a sudden peak of enthusiasm and painted my toes with Illa Nomad (very appropriate for feet) the bottle of which broke earlier this year but I got a new one from London.
c9a9b2a7_image.jpeg

Anitacska

Hello! Been having a hell of a week again, mainly due to my daughter.
crybaby.gif
Plus it's very hot here, 32 C!
sweatdrop.gif
Had a massive thunderstorm last night, but it's even hotter than it was yesterday.

Anyway, went shopping today and picked up Kiko 488 and 498 which are said to be dupes for EP Shrimp Cocktail and Lobster Roll (with holo added on top). £2.50 each, so happy with that. Also got a few polishes in Superdrug.

My current mani (ditched the blue theme) is CbL Final Fantasy. Really love this, reminds me of Dollish Polish Toxic Avenger. Not going to swatch them next to each other because I only have a 5ml bottle of TA, but I've dug out a picture to compare.

Toxic Avenger:

I think TA was over black whereas the CbL is 2 coats on its own. TA is slightly more sparkly and duochrome, but not too far off, don't you think?

beautycool

Hello! Been having a hell of a week again, mainly due to my daughter. :crybaby:  Plus it's very hot here, 32 C! :sweat:  Had a massive thunderstorm last night, but it's even hotter than it was yesterday.  Anyway, went shopping today and picked up Kiko 488 and 498 which are said to be dupes for EP Shrimp Cocktail and Lobster Roll (with holo added on top). £2.50 each, so happy with that. Also got a few polishes in Superdrug.  My current mani (ditched the blue theme) is CbL Final Fantasy. Really love this, reminds me of Dollish Polish Toxic Avenger. Not going to swatch them next to each other because I only have a 5ml bottle of TA, but I've dug out a picture to compare.  Toxic Avenger: I think TA was over black whereas the CbL is 2 coats on its own. TA is slightly more sparkly and duochrome, but not too far off, don't you think?
Hi Hun yes the thunder was bad omg it made me feel really ill as had it wake me up Hubby had to go to car with a umbrella and nearly got struck he had left sunroof open We off to the shop up road we taken car but omg it feels so got Where did you get your kiko from Hun x a kiko shop ?

Anitacska

Where did you get your kiko from Hun x a kiko shop ?
It was pretty crazy! More to come tonight I think. Our house heats up so much, it's about 30 C inside and it won't cool down until it's properly cool outside too.

Yes, there's a new(ish) Kiko shop in the Friary in Guildford (first floor).

Anitacska

LOVE the new Enchanted polishes!

Recently through craiglist I managed to bag two polishes, a Happy Hands and my first Hare!!

The hare is Twilights Savings and the Happy Hands is Afternoon Thunderstorms.

Current Mani: Models Own Golden Shore

Nice haul and nice mani, very summery.

Quote: Originally Posted by MRV

Some pretty ugliness... I decided to try out my flower glitter too and combined Richmond and Hampstead Gardens!

I also had a sudden peak of enthusiasm and painted my toes with Illa Nomad (very appropriate for feet) the bottle of which broke earlier this year but I got a new one from London.

Pretty ugly mani!
lol.gif
Not fan of the base colour, but I like the glitters. Love the green toes though!

beautycool

It was pretty crazy! More to come tonight I think. Our house heats up so much, it's about 30 C inside and it won't cool down until it's properly cool outside too.  Yes, there's a new(ish) Kiko shop in the Friary in Guildford (first floor).  
Oh ok guildford yer I went there like three weeks ago loved it I got some bits Yep I think storms later and raining tomorw the green grocer man said Gosh yer it's 30 in our house too It's a nightmare We wanna put the toy sprihkler in the garden for my toddler but it's too got at the moment maybe in half a hour maybe Dunna too hot We don't get used to our sunshine do we As we hardly get any lol

Poppy Nailart

Has anyone ordered from Beauty So Fly? They are a Singapore based online shop and have a few exclusive Lilypads, plus will be restocking and adding some new shades soon. Shipping is only $15 (Singapore dollars) for up to 10 bottles, much cheaper than MeiMei.
Me for lilypad restock (I already have exclusive)

She received the sending and announces the sale on Monday or Tuesday

Fuzzy

Thank you! Oh what I would give for a frosty morning right now! Okay, maybe not frosty, but 20 degrees cooler?
heat.gif
It's hot!

Gorgeous! You're making me want it now.
smash.gif
I'm going to be begging for the kind of cold for summer temperatures I've been having this week in just a couple days...
icon_eek.gif

thanks! haha oops
angelic.gif

My Dad just told me my Grandma was moved from the regular room in the hospital to the ICU
ssad.gif
so that's not good at all.

Anitacska

Thanks!

Thanks! I tried to take another photo in the "sunlight" when it was in the right direction but it was so hazy it just did not come out any better lol

nice mini haul, love the orange mani!

Thanks!

I like the glitter, I don't think I have a flower glitter.

and great pedi! ...I wish my toes weren't so busted lol

ugh that's so hot, I will be feeling your pain in a few days when it gets back up to that temperature here!

nice haul and they look pretty close to me!

I'm going to be begging for the kind of cold for summer temperatures I've been having this week in just a couple days...
icon_eek.gif

thanks! haha oops
angelic.gif

My Dad just told me my Grandma was moved from the regular room in the hospital to the ICU
ssad.gif
Oh no, sorry to hear about your Grandma. Mine died nearly 10 years ago now. It's very sad when they get ill.
th_cheerup.gif
My Mum is now 66 and I've lost my Dad 15 years ago, so I'm very aware of time passing and people getting older. Anyway, really hope she gets better soon. xxx

Okay, I have some haul pictures to show you. My ILNP order came today as well as my Color4Nails order. Some of the ILNP polishes aren't as holo as I'd have liked, but they are all pretty nice. The Zoyas are gorgeous. Still I haven't worn any of the Zoya Pixie Dust polishes! Naughty me.

PearlyQueen

Hello! Been having a hell of a week again, mainly due to my daughter.
crybaby.gif
Plus it's very hot here, 32 C!
sweatdrop.gif
Had a massive thunderstorm last night, but it's even hotter than it was yesterday.

Anyway, went shopping today and picked up Kiko 488 and 498 which are said to be dupes for EP Shrimp Cocktail and Lobster Roll (with holo added on top). £2.50 each, so happy with that. Also got a few polishes in Superdrug.

My current mani (ditched the blue theme) is CbL Final Fantasy. Really love this, reminds me of Dollish Polish Toxic Avenger. Not going to swatch them next to each other because I only have a 5ml bottle of TA, but I've dug out a picture to compare.

Toxic Avenger:

I think TA was over black whereas the CbL is 2 coats on its own. TA is slightly more sparkly and duochrome, but not too far off, don't you think?
Your daughter sounds like a handful! I have cats instead... Hope you have a better week next time.
Nice results from your shopping trip - the Barry M is particularly pretty.
Final fantasy was on my CbL list last restock, but finances didn't allow me to buy it - but your pics have ensured it stays on my wishlist! Just stunning, and I don't have TA!

PearlyQueen

Thanks!

Thanks! I tried to take another photo in the "sunlight" when it was in the right direction but it was so hazy it just did not come out any better lol

nice mini haul, love the orange mani!

Thanks!

I like the glitter, I don't think I have a flower glitter.

and great pedi! ...I wish my toes weren't so busted lol

ugh that's so hot, I will be feeling your pain in a few days when it gets back up to that temperature here!

nice haul and they look pretty close to me!

icon_eek.gif

thanks! haha oops
angelic.gif

ssad.gif
Hope your Grandma's OK.

Fuzzy

Hope your Grandma's OK.
Thanks Anitacska & PearlyQueen
Unfortunately she passed away last night, I think all her sons were able to get there though, so that was nice. She was in her 80s and she had been unwell since December with a myriad of things going wrong it wasn't so much of a shock, but still sad.

PearlyQueen

Unfortunately she passed away last night, I think all her sons were able to get there though, so that was nice. She was in her 80s and she had been unwell since December with a myriad of things going wrong it wasn't so much of a shock, but still sad.
I'm really sorry Fuzzy, really sad news.
Sending hugs
xxx

Anitacska

I'm really sorry to hear that. Thinking of you and your family at this sad time. xxx

MRV

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, Fuzzy.

Latest posts