Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Also, Thank you PearlyQueen and Anitacska for the kind words about my mani! The maybelline - well, I had high hopes for those and got all four, so it was extra disappointing. But hey, for 1,75€ each!
Thanks Anneri, that's an interesting idea and I might try that next time I'm tempted by crackling! I think it will be a while mind you! I also tend to get a bit confused as to whether they work best really thickly layered or really thin. Yesterday's first nail worked perfectly and is definitely better than the others - I even kept it when I stripped the rest off after a disastrous first attempt! The pic I posted is infinitely better than my first try, but it's still far from perfect, which is another reason I might be down on it. I'm still not convinced that looking like you've taken a brillo pad to your nails is really a good look for anything that's not a post-apocalypse party! But I do sometimes like them on other people, and I've got them now so no doubt they'll eventually make another appearance.

PearlyQueen

Oh, btw: can anyone recommend a good topcoat? Not one of the thicker ones for glitter, I'm set on that front. But I'm starting to hate my former tc - essie good to go. Prefarably one I don't have to order somewhere, but I'm open to all suggestions!
Sorry Anneri, I'm rubbish at top coats - I tend to pick up cheap ones. I use Layla Brilliant Due for my holos, but other than that I just get them from Boots, Superdrug or eBay. I get tempted to try all the ones people recommend, but as yet I haven't tried Poshe, Seche Vite, HK Girl etc - there's always a colour that I'd rather spend my money on!

MRV

Thanks Anneri, that's an interesting idea and I might try that next time I'm tempted by crackling! I think it will be a while mind you! I also tend to get a bit confused as to whether they work best really thickly layered or really thin. Yesterday's first nail worked perfectly and is definitely better than the others - I even kept it when I stripped the rest off after a disastrous first attempt! The pic I posted is infinitely better than my first try, but it's still far from perfect, which is another reason I might be down on it. I'm still not convinced that looking like you've taken a brillo pad to your nails is really a good look for anything that's not a post-apocalypse party! But I do sometimes like them on other people, and I've got them now so no doubt they'll eventually make another appearance.
Really thin is the right way with them.

Anneri's mani made me think of those Dior sets a few years back. Was it a jungle or animal? They were discounted here but I was not that into NP then. :(

MRV

Today's mani: KBS She Twerks Out. This is actually a texture polish but I put TC over it because it was so matte. The glitter combo is very nice but all shades don't show here.
cbb302ab_image.jpeg

Anitacska

Anyone here knows of an impending Pshiiit EP restock? I'm only asking because I got an e-mail to say that one of the EPs were in stock (I'd requested notification), but when I got to the site, all of the products had disappeared. So I'm wondering if maybe she was adding them to the site and then deactivating until launch time? Or am I overthinking it?

By the way, I've finally got my EP shipping confirmation!

MRV

Anyone here knows of an impending Pshiiit EP restock? I'm only asking because I got an e-mail to say that one of the EPs were in stock (I'd requested notification), but when I got to the site, all of the products had disappeared. So I'm wondering if maybe she was adding them to the site and then deactivating until launch time? Or am I overthinking it?

By the way, I've finally got my EP shipping confirmation!
I dunno. I have only noticed (and wondered) that EP is no longer on her list of brands. Also she seems to be in vacation in Normandie.

Yay! Me too!
pompom.gif

Anitacska

I dunno. I have only noticed (and wondered) that EP is no longer on her list of brands. Also she seems to be in vacation in Normandie.

Yay! Me too!
pompom.gif
No, it is there in the brands' list. Oh I don't know. I'll keep checking anyway.

Bcteagirl

Hello beauties! I have been AWOL for a while teaching, which sapped up all my time and energy. I also had to wear plainer manies :p Now I am wearing all my brights all the time and BF wonders if I have gone crazy lol. Up next, using all my colour changing polish before the summer ends!!

Right now I am wearing Models own Golden shore which is an orange jelly with silver glitter shards. No good light for a picture today, will try for tomorrow! It is nearing the end of its days I am afraid.

Am travelling down to the states in August, so today I made my first Julep order. A friend has a polish named after her, so getting one for the holidays for a gift. Got a sale item for me, and many add ons at the last second (They ran out of the buffers, boo!!).

Had a small issue where my order went through without the add ons (Due to the buffers being out) and they were sweet and super helpful in getting it fixed right away, A+ customer service.

Looking forward to it! Anybody tried their masks?

Anybody else using colour change nail polish this summer?

Will go back a few pages and read up on what I missed, but it will be far too much to catch up on I am afraid. Hope everybody is doing well/ having a better summer than spring! Missed you gals!

Anitacska

I've just seen a picture of the 3 EP polishes and wow, I really like them especially June. I'm posting the link here only, open at your own risk.

*SPOILER ALERT* http://i.imgur.com/sqPyR9b.jpg *EP May, June and July 2014*

PearlyQueen

I've just seen a picture of the 3 EP polishes and wow, I really like them especially June. I'm posting the link here only, open at your own risk.

*SPOILER ALERT* http://i.imgur.com/sqPyR9b.jpg *EP May, June and July 2014*
I couldn't not click it! I tried... then I figured I'll definitely see them before I get them anyway, I always do!
I like them all! Looking forward to receiving them now, I was disappointed with March and April, but these look much more my type of thing!

beautycool

Hi ladies missed the pre order for them as one I wasn't too bothered And 2) Chelsea always seemed to bring out the same colours and bit boring colours So I stopped getting them lol Amount of ones I have sold lately just because I wanted them as was collecting mostly were same sort of thing Anyhow I like this first one may Boo hoo

beautycool

I have future reflections feb and April to sell But they are in the states so my friend in the us she said she try n sell them for me :)

beautycool

Damn my eyesight I have missed out on may pmsl The pre order was June :( just found my emails from enchanted Mmmmm that's when I wasn't into my polishes and thought I skip x Unless anyone wants to swap may x

Fuzzy

Hello beauties! I have been AWOL for a while teaching, which sapped up all my time and energy. I also had to wear plainer manies :p Now I am wearing all my brights all the time and BF wonders if I have gone crazy lol. Up next, using all my colour changing polish before the summer ends!!

Right now I am wearing Models own Golden shore which is an orange jelly with silver glitter shards. No good light for a picture today, will try for tomorrow! It is nearing the end of its days I am afraid.

Am travelling down to the states in August, so today I made my first Julep order. A friend has a polish named after her, so getting one for the holidays for a gift. Got a sale item for me, and many add ons at the last second (They ran out of the buffers, boo!!).

Had a small issue where my order went through without the add ons (Due to the buffers being out) and they were sweet and super helpful in getting it fixed right away, A+ customer service.

Looking forward to it! Anybody tried their masks?

Anybody else using colour change nail polish this summer?

Will go back a few pages and read up on what I missed, but it will be far too much to catch up on I am afraid. Hope everybody is doing well/ having a better summer than spring! Missed you gals!
Hey Bcteagirl
wavey.gif
nice to see you!

Quote: Originally Posted by MRV

Today's mani: KBS She Twerks Out. This is actually a texture polish but I put TC over it because it was so matte. The glitter combo is very nice but all shades don't show here.

it's such a pretty colour!

ok posting this from laptop and my mani in the next post from phone! ...

Fuzzy

OPI The Sky's My Limit from the Mustang collection
4cf8a6b6_image.jpeg
27dc7e87_image.jpeg
It's wearing well and it applied nicely! The photos don't really do it justice. Silly overcast day!

MRV

Such a pretty colour!

Thanks, PQ!

Quote: Originally Posted by Fuzzy
good job on the earrings! and great manis, I'm partial to the Coke one!

it's such a pretty colour!

Thanks, Fuzzy! I have more Coke to come...
girlhaha.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Fuzzy

OPI The Sky's My Limit from the Mustang collection

It's wearing well and it applied nicely! The photos don't really do it justice. Silly overcast day!
Oh, it looks lovely. Nicer than in the bottle, and even better irl then!