Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

MRV

Quote:
Forgive me if this has been discussed to death, but how is everyone liking the Nails Inc. Perfect Nude polishes? They looked so pretty at Sephora today!

I have not heard of them either. I have some Nails Inc polishes (mainly greens) but I'm not able to see the brand irl either.

Quote: Originally Posted by Anneri

Thank you MRV! The glitters are blue. Looking forward to wearing the white one - reminds me of porcellain!
I'll be on the lookout for Dreams when I'm in the US in October! Polish hunting yay!
winks.gif

Hi Anaphora! I haven't seen the topic come up in this thread - I for one don't have any experience with Nails Inc. because they're not available over here! But maybe someone else can weigh in.

Wanted to post two manis I wore last week! First, my easing into pink mani with a new Essence sand tc that's apparently not that different than the DL one:

Then I tried a new nailsticker thingy by Essence again that crinkles when it's polished - the blue base colour in the other nails is called Finding Dori which was the Main reason to get it because it's my rl nickname!

Also saw this on ig this morning and am wondering - is she doing a whole new collection?! This one looks like my IB Moonlight though.

Oh, lucky you! You'll be able to hunt down so many things there.

That Essence sand looks a lot like OPI My Current Crush. Lovely shades!

Is that Dori polish the same you were wearing earlier? It's really nice. Wonder if the Mac's AA polish is like that on nails... Love that foil, too.

(On a side note, I'm happy that NARS has made a lipstick with my name. I have to get something from that collection.)

Uh, I really hope that's a collection because it would mean that they are available more than those flash releases!
th_rolleye0014.gif
This polish looks like Lilypad Gold is Mine that I got recently.

I'm wearing Illamasqua Noble with EdM Hardware. This looks better irl (Noble is more turquoise). I think HW was a bit too glittery for this purpose.

MRV

Now I'm
wacko.gif
. We have received (so late) two OPI collections here, the summer neons and the Coca-Cola collection. When I first saw pics of the Coca-Cola collection there was this orange creme shade which then mysteriously changed into an orange glitter (when I ordered from the US & did not get this one). Now I see that the orange polish that is sold here is that nice muted orange creme again. Is it really possible that they are selling a creme in Europe (Orange You Stylish) and an orange glitter in the US (Orange You Fantastic!) for some odd ingredient reason again? Yikes, do I have to drop a quadruple sum for that polish here?! :(

I've also seen the new fall Diors. Not my shade, but I'm kind of interested in getting the polish that's called Chicken Leg!
girlhaha.gif

Anneri

Now I'm
wacko.gif
. We have received (so late) two OPI collections here, the summer neons and the Coca-Cola collection. When I first saw pics of the Coca-Cola collection there was this orange creme shade which then mysteriously changed into an orange glitter (when I ordered from the US & did not get this one). Now I see that the orange polish that is sold here is that nice muted orange creme again. Is it really possible that they are selling a creme in Europe (Orange You Stylish) and an orange glitter in the US (Orange You Fantastic!) for some odd ingredient reason again? Yikes, do I have to drop a quadruple sum for that polish here?! :(

I've also seen the new fall Diors. Not my shade, but I'm kind of interested in getting the polish that's called Chicken Leg!
girlhaha.gif
I know that in Germany we received different polishes than in the US. I think we got a golden one?
th_crazy2.gif
How much is an OPI polish in your corner of the world?

Also, referring to your last post: Yeah, Dori is a nice polish, though a bit brush-strokey. It looks similar to AA for sure! I used it in the triangular mani I posted a few days ago.

Soooooooo looking forward to our vacation in the US! I'm counting down the days (it's 42 now). I've been quite bad today because I ordered the Glam polish Hawaiian trio that's a MeiMei exclusive - we're going to Hawaii, so how could I not?!

A propos Illamasqua, I'm getting the new one from their fall collection for sure: http://www.pixiwoo.com/2014/08/illa...&utm_campaign=Feed:+pixiwoo+(....Pixiwoo....)

PearlyQueen

Thanks, PQ! It's a nice polish, especially when it shifts the way that the flakies are different shade from the base.

I saw it too. Too late I mean. I was stalking the polishes' pages, not the main polish page! I was just - what
blinks.gif
? So this was one off?
cry.gif
The only consolation is that it kind of looks a lot like CT Indian Summer.

Thanks, Anneri! Yes, it's LE. That's why I grabbed it and the other one from that collection a while back.

I might get something from the Zoya collection.

We have the cats and dogs here, too. It's like 5 minutes of sunshine, 5 minutes of pouring rain, then back again and some thunders in between!

Anneri, I'm trying to find some suggestions for you. I had a look at my swatch sticks - there was a few, and hopefully more from the untrieds.

I'm wearing two polishes from the new CG The Giver collection - Capacity to See Beyond and Givers Theme - with KBS Happily Ever Aster. Both CGs had a great texture, and I like the KSB a lot, too.

Love your combo, sooo me!
I dare say that EP will be mine for some ridiculously high price in the future!

PearlyQueen

Forgive me if this has been discussed to death, but how is everyone liking the Nails Inc. Perfect Nude polishes? They looked so pretty at Sephora today!
They look really classy. So not me at all! I do like a Nails Inc polish though, the brand works with my nail chemistry somehow to make it easy to use and long lasting.

PearlyQueen

That crinkly blue is interesting, I wasn't convinced I'd like it but when I expanded the picture I changed my mind! Very adventurous!
That EP is not singing my name at all, it's always nice to find one I don't mind skipping, but it makes me even more wary that the gold one from further up will also just be glitter. I don't need any more glitter, I have a drawer full that I seldom wear.

PearlyQueen

My midweek mani for this week is George 3D glitters in Aquarium over Dazzling Emerald from Attitude:

It's much brighter in your face green and much sparklier in real life. You can't really see the undies, it's all glitter. (Not looking forward to removing it!!! It's DENSE!)

PearlyQueen

FYI The new EP collection is going up for sale on Sunday (12pm PDT, haven't checked what that means in BST yet!). Four colours, as we've seen above, not a preorder, so I guess I'll be lucky to get any of them. Fingers crossed for at least the dark one!

MRV

Quick post: LSL Blue Hawaiian (nothing blue to it though). My phone does not want to pick up the difference on the tips (it's a thermo). The darker pic is the cool phase. The formula was great (even it's sheer), nice juicy finish!

PearlyQueen

Quick post: LSL Blue Hawaiian (nothing blue to it though). My phone does not want to pick up the difference on the tips (it's a thermo). The darker pic is the cool phase. The formula was great (even it's sheer), nice juicy finish!

That's a really nice green - and I can see the thermal effect, cool!

PearlyQueen

This week's nail mail!

Enchanted Polish Lobster Roll (yes, I did get it eventually - but it cost me!!!), The Devil Wears Polish Quid Pro Quo, Chaos and Crocodiles Security Breach, Accessorize Wow Blue (magnetic), Darling Diva Soubrette

Polish Me Silly Stardust, Pahlish Blood of the Mountain, Polish Me Silly Bombshell, Darling Diva Sassy Ass Mouth, Darling Diva If Anyone Falls

Above The Curve You Call Me... Sexy, Emily de Molly Jealousy Makes You Nasty, Polish Me Silly Green Goddess, Colors by Llarowe Sweet Revenge, Powder Perfect Fog Is Rolling In

Anneri

That's a very nice thermal MRV! Oooooh, great haul PQ! I'm seeing a lot of polishes that I wouldn't mind having in my stash! I just came back from watching Doctor Who at the cinema and thought I'd share my properly themed mani with you!
02f51f87_image.jpeg
4992bfbe_image.jpeg

PearlyQueen

Wonderful mani! (I like the sneaky trick of doing the hard work on one hand instead of trying to do it with your weaker one!). Which blue holo is that - it's gorgeous!
Almost as wonderful as that Episode of Doctor Who which I LOVED! It must have been good to see it at the cinema, it was great here = I pumped it through the hi-fi and turned the bass up to 11!

Anitacska

Wonderful mani! (I like the sneaky trick of doing the hard work on one hand instead of trying to do it with your weaker one!). Which blue holo is that - it's gorgeous!
Almost as wonderful as that Episode of Doctor Who which I LOVED! It must have been good to see it at the cinema, it was great here = I pumped it through the hi-fi and turned the bass up to 11!
Gorgeous mani!

I really enjoyed Doctor Who as well, even though I wasn't keen on Peter Capaldi as the new Doctor at first. My favourite will always be David Tennant, although I did like Matt Smith and Christopher Eccleston as well.

PQ, great haul! I used the Kiko dupe for Lobster Roll, but wasn't very pleased with it, the duochrome you see in the bottle was lost and the colour is a bit meh. LR is probably much nicer.

I haven't bought any polish since I was last on here, not sure I'll try for the Enchanteds either, I only really like the bronzy colour.

Things have been slightly better here, but we now have a new puppy and two of our cats have been unwell, so I'm crazy busy and stressed. But my daughter is better, the puppy has made a massive difference to her mood.

Anneri

Thank you PQ and Anitacska! The holo is Smitten Polish Out of the Blue. It's a nice one! Two coats. I absolutely loved the Episode and the new Doctor. Also the new intro is completely gorgeous. Can't wait for the next episode. It all looks very promising. My fave Doctor was David Tennant as well, but Peter Capaldi shows a lot of potential. And for all stressing of the producers beforehand that he wouldn't flirt with Clara he did flirt with Clara in the end! Anitacska, am glad things are better with your daughter. How do the cats get along with the puppy? Hope they get better soon!

PearlyQueen

Gorgeous mani!

I really enjoyed Doctor Who as well, even though I wasn't keen on Peter Capaldi as the new Doctor at first. My favourite will always be David Tennant, although I did like Matt Smith and Christopher Eccleston as well.

PQ, great haul! I used the Kiko dupe for Lobster Roll, but wasn't very pleased with it, the duochrome you see in the bottle was lost and the colour is a bit meh. LR is probably much nicer.

I haven't bought any polish since I was last on here, not sure I'll try for the Enchanteds either, I only really like the bronzy colour.

Things have been slightly better here, but we now have a new puppy and two of our cats have been unwell, so I'm crazy busy and stressed. But my daughter is better, the puppy has made a massive difference to her mood.
So nice to hear from you Anita, I've been wondering how things were going, glad to hear that your daughter is feeling better - baby animals are like magic sometimes!
So sorry to hear about the cats though, as you know I love my furbabies, so I hope they're feeling better.
Shame about the Kiko not working out, I thought you'd nailed a cheap alternative there!

Anitacska

So nice to hear from you Anita, I've been wondering how things were going, glad to hear that your daughter is feeling better - baby animals are like magic sometimes!
So sorry to hear about the cats though, as you know I love my furbabies, so I hope they're feeling better.
Shame about the Kiko not working out, I thought you'd nailed a cheap alternative there!
Thank you.

Yeah, the Kiko polish was just dull, I put Djinn on top for holo, which was nice, but it wasn't anything special. Still, I'm not going to fork out for Lobster Roll. I've realised how much I've spent on polish and make up over the past years, so have decided to stop buying, and also decided to sell my back ups (Mac, Guerlain) and unused high end powders (Dior, Chanel, Estee Lauder, etc.) on eBay. I think a crises like the one we've been through really makes you understand what's more important and a bit of extra money always helps anyway.

Still, I've been painting my nails while I was away, today I'm wearing Dance Legend Different View which is gorgeous, I'll see if I can take a picture later. Unfortunately I'd developed some skin condition, had loads of tiny blisters on my fingers and now i have very dry skin and some scabs.

Anneri

Anyone else stalking? I'm so bored right now though I'm cleaning and dusting and stalking simultaneously...

MRV

I'm here, Anneri
wavey.gif
but I've been busy doing other things - have to do my nails before it, too!