Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

MRV

Anneri, they are very close to each other. Goss is ever so slightly more red than PT. Here Goss is next to the green.
dabea86d_image.jpeg
EDIT: now I see what the "you have error in your system" was!

PearlyQueen

Oh, I do hope you love Dance Legend as much as I do! Their New Prisms are awesome, their chameleons include my favourite polish ever and I love this first wear of their Galaxy collection! I'm working up to a new order from Russia to pick up the 2 LE galaxies...
EP-wise, I'm concerned the gold might just be glitter, wouldn't want to pay $16+P&P for that, I guess there will be a description some time. A good gold holo is what I've been wanting from them for ages, I'm crossing my fingers this will fit!
I love your shades of blue mani!

PearlyQueen

Anyone seen the new ILNP swatches?
http://www.emilydenisephotography.com/blog/?p=5152

I fancy a few...
I heard a rumour Friday is pre-orders, if it lasts to Sunday I'll probably have Black Orchid, Fall Semester, Peace (H) and Masquerade (H). Also tempted by Homecoming, but I'm not sure...

PearlyQueen

I also have a question for any American ladies about import duty and taxes when you buy from Australia. I've read that there's no duty due until your order is over $200, is that right? I feel a Femme Fatale delivery coming on, and I resent the charges UK RM add on - don't mind paying my taxes, but they take the micky with their flat fee. So I'm thinking of sending it to my US address instead...
Thanks if you have any info!

PearlyQueen

And if anyone's interested, Ruby White Tips are offering 2 free polishes with any order, tell them what you want and if they have stock, they'll give you them, otherwise pot luck! No shipping to the UK though. They're on Etsy.

Anneri

Anyone seen the new ILNP swatches?
http://www.emilydenisephotography.com/blog/?p=5152

I fancy a few...
I heard a rumour Friday is pre-orders, if it lasts to Sunday I'll probably have Black Orchid, Fall Semester, Peace (H) and Masquerade (H). Also tempted by Homecoming, but I'm not sure...
I saw them, but after my disappointment with their polishes that were on sale I'm skipping.
blah.gif

But there're some lovely ones for sure! The thing is, all those bloggers that receive samples are so heavy on the lightning and photoshopping that it's not a realistic picture of the actual polish they're presenting. I don't carry a daylight lamp around with me to achieve that effect on my nails! Sometimes I'm checking out smaller blogs to see more 'realistic' pics.

PearlyQueen

Thank you MRV for pulling out all those pinks for me! I totally love the KBshimmer one! I already got three pinks - I got Essie's Haute in the Heat, an orchid Catrice I'll post a mani with later and a DL that will hopefully arrive tomorrow! Sloooooooowly easing into it!
greengrin.gif
What would your recs for some truly outstanding glitters/flakies etc be?

I'm so sorry that you didn't like the RBL! It looks great.

I honestly can't see a difference. A shame that those metallics always swatch so nice but are getting streaky on the nail!
Butter London pulled out of Germany a while ago. A very weird story - a German institute tested polishes for forbidden ingredients and there was toluene in BL even if they claimed there wasn't and there was phenol (sp?) in them too. Chanel tested similarly bad. BL never gave a statement about that and just pulled out of the country.
icon_eek.gif
Weird, right? I'll probably still wear them with a thick layer of tc though!

I wanted to order at their site but saw that they're closed until September. Boo! I hope I can afford a nice big order in September though! I've seen swatches of such stunning polishes I want to get!

What's the fave polish you mentioned?

I saw them, but after my disappointment with their polishes that were on sale I'm skipping.
blah.gif

But there're some lovely ones for sure! The thing is, all those bloggers that receive samples are so heavy on the lightning and photoshopping that it's not a realistic picture of the actual polish they're presenting. I don't carry a daylight lamp around with me to achieve that effect on my nails! Sometimes I'm checking out smaller blogs to see more 'realistic' pics.
My favourite ever (so far anyway, and I only count ones I've actually worn!) is Boggs - loved it so much I bought a backup bottle!
I was a bit wary of posting the ILNP link after your disappointment, but I did it anyway! The more I've thought about it, the more I think I'll leave Homecoming, but to be honest I'm a bit broke and there's loads of other stuff on my list, so I might leave it a while and skip preorder. For four polishes, I'd save a whole $4 if the usual rules apply, and I think I'd rather get some of the others first. It's not like ILNP are like EP, where you order NOW or miss out!
By the way Nail Polish Canada are restocking EP on Monday, the usual Canada only for the first restock, then US allowed at the random restocks starting 18 hours later, they don't ship to Europe. I still want Dream On, but I doubt I'll get it.

PearlyQueen

My midweek mani is an old Special FX mirror in a pale lilacy-pink, topped with Rimmel Disco Ball:

For some reason I thought the Disco Ball was holo glitter, the little turquoise blue ones threw me! It does make a pretty combo though.

MRV

My midweek mani is an old Special FX mirror in a pale lilacy-pink, topped with Rimmel Disco Ball:

For some reason I thought the Disco Ball was holo glitter, the little turquoise blue ones threw me! It does make a pretty combo though.
That's a pretty combo! The little glitters make a nice accent.

Since you've been taking about DL, I put on Phobos. It's this green-blue teal/purple/blue multichrome you know with flakies. My phone probably gave a few extra shades to it:

PearlyQueen

I saw them earlier but I think I have to skip the pre-order once again. I will probably pick up a few later. If I'm really good I'll wait for the next collection and order from both at the same time.

lol.gif
So sad!

Glad you like the KBS! It's a bit more vibrant (darker) irl. I will check out my pink glitter/flakies later today or during the weekend. If you like orchid (pink-purples), I could def. suggest a few!

Yeah, the RBL mani was so bad. It crinkled, crimped and chipped like crazy. I don't even remember anything like that happening before. I make sure to try to put on thinner layers once I wear a RBL again!

Goss was actually quite nice, not so streaky at all.

Bummer, what a story! They have pulled out from here, too (not that they really were available). But I read that an e-shop stopped carrying them because it was difficullt to get new stock and a department store in the capital had some earlier (don't know the reason for the exit). BL is so difficult to get nowadays. As I said before, none of the Brittish e-shops send them to me anymore!
cry.gif
I can't stop wearing them either because I have a ton of them!

That's a pretty combo! The little glitters make a nice accent.

Since you've been taking about DL, I put on Phobos. It's this green-blue teal/purple/blue multichrome you know with flakies. My phone probably gave a few extra shades to it:

So pretty, Phobos is HIGH on my wishlist! It looks soooo pretty on you.

It seems I missed an EP surprise sale of a gorgeous new colour:

It's just my kind of thing too, I prefer it to all 3 of the "coming soon" ones.
I hate it when you check the site to find "sold out" messages on things you would love to buy.
Maybe it'll turn up on a blog sale, I keep seeing the last one of these surprise one-offs (Once upon a cloud) in sales and on eBay (not tempted by the colour though). I bet this one will be harder to find.
Life In Plastic was also there by the way.

Anneri

Wow MRV, Phobos is a stunner!
eyelove.gif
Was it LE? MUST get it!!!

Oh no, PQ! That's such a bummer that there was a kind of silent release nobody knew about! The colour truly is mesmerising. I totally agree, it's a lot prettier than the other three.

Isn't the new Zoya collection pretty?
http://nblo.gs/ZfFc0
It's so autumnal!

Fall arrived here too, it seems! Raining cats and dogs, and I've somehow caught a cold. I'll post my haul and manis later! (It's such a nice haul! Totally in love with a new brand!)

Dolly Snow

So pretty, Phobos is HIGH on my wishlist!  It looks soooo pretty on you. It seems I missed an EP surprise sale of a gorgeous new colour: It's just my kind of thing too, I prefer it to all 3 of the "coming soon" ones.  I hate it when you check the site to find "sold out" messages on things you would love to buy. Maybe it'll turn up on a blog sale, I keep seeing the last one of these surprise one-offs (Once upon a cloud) in sales and on eBay (not tempted by the colour though).  I bet this one will be harder to find.  Life In Plastic was also there by the way.
I need this

MRV

Wow MRV, Phobos is a stunner!
eyelove.gif
Was it LE? MUST get it!!!

Oh no, PQ! That's such a bummer that there was a kind of silent release nobody knew about! The colour truly is mesmerising. I totally agree, it's a lot prettier than the other three.

Isn't the new Zoya collection pretty?
http://nblo.gs/ZfFc0
It's so autumnal!

Fall arrived here too, it seems! Raining cats and dogs, and I've somehow caught a cold. I'll post my haul and manis later! (It's such a nice haul! Totally in love with a new brand!)
Thanks, Anneri! Yes, it's LE. That's why I grabbed it and the other one from that collection a while back.

I might get something from the Zoya collection.

We have the cats and dogs here, too. It's like 5 minutes of sunshine, 5 minutes of pouring rain, then back again and some thunders in between!

Anneri, I'm trying to find some suggestions for you. I had a look at my swatch sticks - there was a few, and hopefully more from the untrieds.

I'm wearing two polishes from the new CG The Giver collection - Capacity to See Beyond and Givers Theme - with KBS Happily Ever Aster. Both CGs had a great texture, and I like the KSB a lot, too.

Anneri

Super pretty combo MRV! Here're the haul and recent manis. I ordered from Hypnotic Polish in The Netherlands for the first time because I wanted to try the El Corazon line they carry and which popped up on my ig Feed quite regularly lately. I was curious! Also, their shipping rate is quite reasonable. I got DL Lollypop, two El Corazon linear and one scattered holo, and two of their kaleidoscope polishes that have tiny glitters and dry in a satin finish. I also got a Smitten polish because I was looking for a nice blue holo. Maria from Hypnotic also included some nailfoils in my package!
20e700d4_image.jpeg
43889616_image.jpeg
And here's my mani with one of the kaleidoscope polishes (no 08):
1775a874_image.jpeg

MRV

Anneri, looks like I don't have anything surprising when it comes to pink glitters as I mostly tend to skip them. There are the good old DLs Sweet Dreams Candy Shop I'm Edible
59285c3b_image.jpeg
Hares Test Your Love! Flight of the Flamingos Party Palace
5f7abfb5_image.jpeg
Dancing Bird of Paradise Dog Day Dream Anemone Gardens
012a18b6_image.jpeg
And one FF: The Other Side of the World
50a9226c_image.jpeg

MRV

Thank you MRV! It's so nice of you to root through your stash for me!
th_hug.gif

I totally love the first DL, the FF, and Flight of the Flamingos. Let's see what I'll add to the next haul!
NP! The only problem was trying to pick polishes that would still be available! Sweet Dreams is awesome. Def. worth it! And if you are interested in the FF, Beauty So Fly still has it. It seems very purple in their swatch but I suspect it's over something there. It was so different when I wore it.

Anaphora

Forgive me if this has been discussed to death, but how is everyone liking the Nails Inc. Perfect Nude polishes? They looked so pretty at Sephora today!

Anneri

Thanks, Anneri! Nice haul and that Kaleidoscope looks really interesting. What is the colour of those tiny glitters? NP! The only problem was trying to pick polishes that would still be available! Sweet Dreams is awesome. Def. worth it! And if you are interested in the FF, Beauty So Fly still has it. It seems very purple in their swatch but I suspect it's over something there. It was so different when I wore it.
Thank you MRV! The glitters are blue. Looking forward to wearing the white one - reminds me of porcellain! I'll be on the lookout for Dreams when I'm in the US in October! Polish hunting yay! ;)
Forgive me if this has been discussed to death, but how is everyone liking the Nails Inc. Perfect Nude polishes? They looked so pretty at Sephora today!
Hi Anaphora! I haven't seen the topic come up in this thread - I for one don't have any experience with Nails Inc. because they're not available over here! But maybe someone else can weigh in. Wanted to post two manis I wore last week! First, my easing into pink mani with a new Essence sand tc that's apparently not that different than the DL one:
6a451c2b_image.jpeg
Then I tried a new nailsticker thingy by Essence again that crinkles when it's polished - the blue base colour in the other nails is called Finding Dori which was the Main reason to get it because it's my rl nickname!
4e37ed24_image.jpeg
Also saw this on ig this morning and am wondering - is she doing a whole new collection?! This one looks like my IB Moonlight though.
9a24af25_image.jpeg