Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anneri

I prefer Twilight Peacock too, but this is very pretty! Acid Ocean looks beautiful, I've ordered Reign but now I'm wishing I'd gone for AO as well! So sorry to hear about your ILNPs, that's one of the very few I didn't go for from that collection, I'm not big on silver polish, somehow it just doesn't suit me.  (Weirdly I love gold polish, but only wear silver jewellery!)  It certainly doesn't look anything special in your pic, no wonder you were disappointed.  What else did you get? By the way I adore that Kiko, a proper Cadbury purple, just stunning, and I like your nail art with it too.
Thank you PQ! I also got Admire Me and Blue Steel. I did my nails with Admire Me today and am disappointed again. I don't know, I really dislike the formula and the holo is so weak!
Thank you, PQ. I don't know what happened but by 24 hrs my right hand nails were all crackled! They did not chip though (apart from a tiny one) until the next day, by the time my left hand nails were also crackled! :shock: I dunno. Maybe it was just the heavy layers? Can't be my new matte TC (It's PP g'day matte!). We are waiting to see the Mishka on you! This one looks nice! I love metallic holos. We've had just a terrible weather! First 5 days +30 C minimum, then two +29 C! Today's the same but finally we should get some rain! During this time I have not seen any rain or thunders, they skipped us even yesterday. We should have three cooler days coming but then it's this :hot: again all next week! I will look into my stash for the pinks. Lovely manis again! The drugstore and Kiko ones especially. Is that 473? (I got 472 and 474). You managed to do fine saving your ILNP mani. I think I have one silvery from them - yes, MEGA. It lived more up to it's name. My new mani is Elevation Puncak Jaya with Yeti's Oceanside Vacation. PJ' s formula was just :eek:mg: creamy!
Thank you MRV! Yes, that's 473. Kiko should really come up with names for their polishes! I love this manis. I'm totally into blues of all kinds right now.
Thanks, PQ! The green glitter is a texture polish (on it's own here) so it does look a bit different... I saw these irl a few weeks ago but did not get any more excited than when I learned about them. They may work with Mac polishes and other cremes but I'm not really interested in this kind of toppers when there are better "real" polishes. The texture one is almost like crinkled plastic on your nail! :lol: Thank you for the swatches though! Good to have them in our swatch library. I might get a few but thankfully most of the new fall shades I've seen are not tempting me. In the spring I had this 'coral on coral' mani with some spring Essies. This was supposed to be kind of a more saturated summer version but the stamping did not quite work. Anyways, it's Essie Roarrrrange and Fierce, No Fear.
I absolutely love those two colours together. It has some kind of 70s summer vibe! Love!
Another flawless mani MRV, you do such a fantastic job!  And wear such different colours from me - really makes me think about expanding, that brown is deliciously different to anything I have.
I totally agree with that!
Just wanted to drop in and say thank you for your kind words. Things aren't any better here, some days are better than others, but on the whole, nothing's changed. Very upsetting. We have an appointment with the children's mental health services on Thursday, my husband will be going to it as there is no way we can drag my daughter there, she's still saying noone can help her and doesn't want us to get help. I haven't got much faith in what they can do for us this way, but we'll see what they say. In the meantime we're trying to cope with each day as it comes. It's very hard for my other two as well, they'd missed out on our holiday (we were going to go to Portugal, but there was no way we could risk it) and they are both struggling with the situation. My husband is off work this week, but back next week, so I'm fully expecting to be stuck at home all week. Not how we wanted our summer holiday to be spent, but what can you do? Anyway, thanks again for your kind wishes. Love to you all. xxx 
I really hope that things are getting better soon for you and your family. I'm crossing my fingers that life will be a bit easier soon! Take care of yourself!
Just thought I'd update you - Carolyn at LSL came back to me and categorically stated that this polish is definitely NOT Walk on the Wild Side!  She thinks it's been mis-labelled and has said she'll send me a replacement bottle, which is awesome considering I said I didn't expect any action about a polish bought a while ago from a third party stockist. I've sent my address, so hopefully I'll have the real deal on the way soon!  I hope she realised when I emailed her that I'm in the UK!
That's good news! I like both purples, truth to be told!
I'm sorry to hear this and hoping for a turn for the better for you all! :hug: Thank you, PQ! Browns are actually quite nice. I prefer warm browns but this one is a nice taupe (it's lighter irl). That mislabeling is such a bummer but nice to hear you're getting the right one. Once I received a mislabeled FF from a stockist, too. I found a pic here: I noticed right away that hey I already have this polish (Abracadaver). Sea Pony is a brighter purple with brighter glitters. I contacted FF and told them about it and they said it's def. mislabeled. In the end I got the correct polish from the stockist.   ATM I'm wearing two P&J polishes, 014 Confetti and 015 Venus. This looks rather springy or even winterly but they are from summer 2011. :hot: I'm dying here. On Monday we had +32.6 C, yesterday almost as much, and I was just thinking "feels cooler" and it's +30 C again! :thud: Today should be the last day over +30 C though. It's not funny any more as it's been super hot for weeks!
I hope it's cooler now, MRV! We had some hot and always quite humid days, but thankfully it cools down a bit during the night. It's not as bad as last year, thankfully! I spent my and the hubby's birthday weekend in the blackforest and Lake Como, Italy. We had some nice days. I had absolutely no time to do my nails - luckily I did my birthday mani before we left and it held up really good! I did some confetti nails aka dotticure. Very easy, but quite time consuming! I saw that MeiMei had an Enchanted Restock last week, but I was to late. That would've been a nice birthday present! Right now I'm thinking about ordering some polishes during her sale, but I can't make up my mind yet. Now, manis!
1e0c63d9_image.jpeg
Today's mani with Admire Me
bd96079a_image.jpeg
And a mosaic mani. That's a fun and easy mani! I started with painting some metallic polishes on some tape and waited for it to dry. I painted my nails with a blackened purple by maybelline and peeled the polish of the tape, Cut and broke it into little pieces and stuck them on my nails with tc.
69f87532_image.jpeg
Did you guys see the new Enchanted? Is that a dark Navy or black? Whatever, I'lm be getting it!!!
0dcfb8aa_image.jpeg

PearlyQueen

ATM I'm wearing two P&J polishes, 014 Confetti and 015 Venus. This looks rather springy or even winterly but they are from summer 2011.

heat.gif
I'm dying here. On Monday we had +32.6 C, yesterday almost as much, and I was just thinking "feels cooler" and it's +30 C again!
thud.gif
Today should be the last day over +30 C though. It's not funny any more as it's been super hot for weeks!
Well done for spotting your dupes, glad to hear you got that one sorted too. I've had a shipping notice for my replacement too, so my UK address didn't put her off! I do think it's amazing that she'd do that when I didn't buy direct.
Another pretty mani there, you're right about it having a feel of spring about it.

PearlyQueen

Oh I'm so sorry about your ILNP disappointment - I do have Admire Me, but it hasn't made it onto my nails yet, now I'm disappointed too and I haven't even worn it! At least it's a pretty colour, looks nice on you. And Blue Steel is on its way to me...
Your manis are cute as always.
And I'm guessing that new EP has to join me in the near future! Very different from any I have at first glance.
I honestly don't mind the Liquid Sky I'm wearing now, but I don't think it's a colour I'd have chosen - a bit pastel, though it is STUNNING in sunlight, I love it then!

PearlyQueen

Oops, came in to post a discount code for Color4Nails - 15% off across the board for their 1st Anniversary with code ANNIV2014

MRV

Oops, came in to post a discount code for Color4Nails - 15% off across the board for their 1st Anniversary with code ANNIV2014
Nooo! I just ordered from them and got my package yesterday. I had to put FF Underlight on right away. It's an awesome green teal jelly with all sorts of glitters and flakies. My phone does not want to show the green in it so I literally took another shot "under a light".
lol.gif

PearlyQueen

Thanks, PQ!

Nooo! I just ordered from them and got my package yesterday. I had to put FF Underlight on right away. It's an awesome green teal jelly with all sorts of glitters and flakies. My phone does not want to show the green in it so I literally took another shot "under a light".
lol.gif

Oh so sorry MRV, I hate it when codes turn up just too late too :(
Now maybe you can tell me why I took Underlight out of my cart just before I checked out????? It's awesome on you, I wasn't taken with a few of the online swatches I googled before buying :( But it looks utterly awesome on you! Just beautiful Is it layered or solo?

MRV

Oh so sorry MRV, I hate it when codes turn up just too late too :(
Now maybe you can tell me why I took Underlight out of my cart just before I checked out????? It's awesome on you, I wasn't taken with a few of the online swatches I googled before buying :( But it looks utterly awesome on you! Just beautiful Is it layered or solo?
nonono.gif
Now that was a bad decision! It's like a mermaid of glass! Pics don't do justice. I'm wearing it solo.

PearlyQueen

nonono.gif
Now that was a bad decision! It's like a mermaid of glass! Pics don't do justice. I'm wearing it solo.
It's sold out now :(

FYI, Enchanted Polish homepage - coming soon:

Flashing Lights

Good Life
Plus the one shown above (Dark Fantasy). Good luck ladies!

Anneri

Oh, they don't do the preorder thing for those? Then I'm going to miss out. :( Can't refresh their site tonight.

PearlyQueen

I have a couple of new toppers to share with you this week:

Polish Me Silly Mind Blowing and Ninja Polish Color Change Garnet.
I hoped CCG would be full coverage, but I think it's more a glitter topcoat.

PearlyQueen

Oh, they don't do the preorder thing for those? Then I'm going to miss out.
ssad.gif
Can't refresh their site tonight.
Not sure Anneri, I've not heard anything, I just popped on to their site (the Beatles collection was showing there the other day, all sold out though) to see if anything was there, and I found the three above showing as Coming Soon. I haven't had an email about either a sale or a pre-order, could be either or a flash restock. I'm hoping for a preorder though, it's just so much easier!

Anneri

I so hope it's a preorder - I'd love to get Dark Fantasy! The other two I'm not sure about. What about you? Do you want all three?

PearlyQueen

I so hope it's a preorder - I'd love to get Dark Fantasy! The other two I'm not sure about. What about you? Do you want all three?
I'd love Flashing Lights and Dark Fantasy - and if it was a preorder, with the combined postage, I'd definitely get all three, though Good Life isn't really my sort of colour at first glance.
I've been desperate for EP to do a gold, I just hope it's a full coverage rather than just glitter. Austin Powers has been on my wish list for too long, but I've resisted the scalpers thus far!

Anneri

And my new mani is Dance Legend Big Bang, loads of pics as it's so multichromey with sparkle too!
Wonderful polish! I especially like the last pic with the pears in the background! :D Would you believe that I just ordered my first DLs?!
I'd love Flashing Lights and Dark Fantasy - and if it was a preorder, with the combined postage, I'd definitely get all three, though Good Life isn't really my sort of colour at first glance. I've been desperate for EP to do a gold, I just hope it's a full coverage rather than just glitter.  Austin Powers has been on my wish list for too long, but I've resisted the scalpers thus far!
It rather looks like a glitter, doesn't it? Idk, it looks a bit too flashy for me and the other one is a tad too orange - I wish there was a nice metallic golden holo!
Oh no, it was the discount! Nothing happened :yawn: ...? That Ninja looks nice though! Lovely! Uh, I don't have this one yet. I'm wearing BL Goss with some stamping atm:
The BL looks a bit like Penny Talk. Are they dupes? I love the colour of Penny Talk, but it's so brush-strokey!
OPI's Halloween collection is PEANUTS  You know charlie brown. How cute is that. 
If I could get the water decals they included in the mini pack in their own I'd totally would! They're so cute! But I don't like the glitter polishes - I don't particularly like bar glitter. My last two manis! I got two polishes from the Essence Aquatics LE which I wear together with ILNP Blue Steel. Especially the dark blue sand is stunning!
7c3242db_image.jpeg
Here's the sand polish on it's own - sorry about the wonky application, that's the one I painted with my non dominant hand!
8bdef0fe_image.jpeg
Here're some Kiko Creme polishes with IB Moonlight.
6fba179a_image.jpeg

MRV

OPI's Halloween collection is PEANUTS
You know charlie brown. How cute is that.

Cool! I need the yellow at least.

Quote: Originally Posted by Anneri

The BL looks a bit like Penny Talk. Are they dupes? I love the colour of Penny Talk, but it's so brush-strokey!

My last two manis! I got two polishes from the Essence Aquatics LE which I wear together with ILNP Blue Steel.
Especially the dark blue sand is stunning!

Here's the sand polish on it's own - sorry about the wonky application, that's the one I painted with my non dominant hand!

Here're some Kiko Creme polishes with IB Moonlight.

I have to check it out. They say Goss is a rose gold and PT "an authenic copper metallic" though. Goss was fairly good but it did not like going over on the first layer.

Love the Essence mix, the one that looks like AA especially.

Sorry for not getting back on those pinks for you earlier. Looks like I actually have not got that many. Most of them lean to purple or are neons (CG). There are some like Orly Preamp or La Vida Loca (but they have shimmers). Illamasqua has some nice ones and the new KBS is really intense:

Loella, Collide, Grab, Obsess, Harem, and Beach Please

Yesterday I put on my first RBL (NaisandNoms). The texture was not that good at all: chalky, uneven and crimpy
cry.gif
. I'm not a thin coat girl! Don't mind the experimental stamping. I got a new plate.

MRV

Anneri, they are very close to each other. Goss is ever so slightly more red than PT. Here Goss is next to the green.
b324d98e_image.jpeg

Latest posts