Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

BuickMackane

I call that a full-on Ambien hual...SUI...shopping under the influence. Only for you it was nature...that won't hold up in court. If I were the judge I'd say, "GREAT HAUL---CASE DISMISSED"
pompom.gif
Thank you yer Honour.

Medgal07

Hey all.
wavey.gif
I'm trying to avoid this thread like the plague, simply because I can't afford to haul polish at the moment and you're all the worst enablers on Specktra.
girlhaha.gif

Everytime I come in here I see more stuff I want.
ohboy.gif

I think I want a light grey creme for spring, and some lavenders and purples. Maybe next month... I haven't bought any of the Chanel spring polishes and I feel incomplete.
sigh.gif

Oh, and I saw an Illamasqua one on Temptalia which I'm now lemming, and the Nars srping one. See?! I'm not looking at any more nail polish links, no good.
th_hello2.gif
Nayadine! You're wise. They just suck you right in around here. It's dangerous. Runaway, save yourself!
th_happy1.gif

Medgal07

Here's an update regarding my damaged nail sticks. I contacted the seller and they were very willing to resolve the issue. They suggested a refund, but I asked for another pack of nail sticks instead. I also ordered 4 additional packs. I can't wait to get them. It took nearly a month for them to be delivered last time, so I'll just have to be patient. At least I got several packs to accommodate my growing stash.

My first pack of nail sticks. Separated by brand until I get a label maker. It starts with NARS at the top, goes into Lippmanns, then Chanel. I can't stop playing with it.

Very admirable CC. So, you paint the nail sticks by NP brand, and then when you're trying to decide which polish to wear you select from the sticks...is that right?

Medgal07

You & CC have such discipline. That's a pretty cool system too!
Enjoy your new toy, Cartoonchic!
pompom.gif

I want them too! Thing is, I have my stash swatched on nail wheels and I'd hate to have a mix of wheels and sticks, I even had a (somewhat pathetic) stab at a nail wheel filing system
lol.gif

Corally

Wow. I'm not gonna even start doing nail wheels/sticks, I think I've got 700/800 polishes so hell no. Better spend the money on more nail polish. :lol:
But it's fun! :yaay: Get a 5- or 10-pack from one of the gazillion Hong Kong or Chinese sellers on eBay. They're dirt cheap. If you decide wheelie swatching's not your thing you can always pretend they're shuriken and do ninja moves in front of the mirror.
Hahha lol :lmao: Ok I might do it when I've got a somewhat smaller np stash. :heart2: Btw, how many polishes do you have?

Medgal07

Yeah.. Zoya regular shipping take a while especially when they have promos. A England should take about two weeks to arrive. She doesn't provide a shipping notification iirc.
CC you asked me about Zoya so I was obliged to check it out, and this is what happened:
Blu (Pale Baby Blue)
Kelly (Rich Gray w/Purple & Blue Undertones) Neely (Spring Green) Piaf (Forsythia Yellow Metallic) Purity (Bright Pure Stark White) Shelby (Cherry Blossom Pink) In addition, I had Deborah Lippmann's No More Drama in my cart over at Beauty.com so I tossed in a couple of bottles of Drying drops too. That's it. I'm jumping off this crazy NP hualing train!!
choochoo.gif
....at least until Dior's TuTu comes out next month!
girlhaha.gif

BuickMackane

CC you asked me about Zoya so I was obliged to check it out, and this is what happened:
Blu (Pale Baby Blue)
Kelly (Rich Gray w/Purple & Blue Undertones) Neely (Spring Green) Piaf (Forsythia Yellow Metallic) Purity (Bright Pure Stark White) Shelby (Cherry Blossom Pink) In addition, I had Deborah Lippmann's No More Drama in my cart over at Beauty.com so I tossed in a couple of bottles of Drying drops too. That's it. I'm jumping off this crazy NP hualing train!!
choochoo.gif
....at least until Dior's TuTu comes out next month!
girlhaha.gif
I'm not holding my breath
whistle.gif

Lovely haul! Piaf is one of the shades that caught my attention in the spring collex. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

Naughtyp

Honey on Boost, you have to stop with these fabulous photos.  You're targeting my weakness for pastels...so hard for me to resist!  :shock:
oooooh! I want that blue one! it will be my first Dior purchase! ;) when's it available? and whoever mentioned Illamasqua had Poke on the sale page meaning they might discontinue it sent me running to sephora to purchase it! it's been on my list and now I have it ;) but that was my VS payment lol ooops! o well I better hustle at work this weekend make me some tips!! lol I'm not really considered a tipped employee but I can accept them.

Naughtyp

Why, of course we do! :pompom: The bottle comparison of Orly LVL is super helpful. If I get it I'll make sure it's the purple one. You know, something really strange just happened. I was putting stuff in my Illamasqua cart with zero intention of buying anything. Like one does when there's lots of real work to be done and mother NP beckons into her loving arms. Anyroads, it's nice and sunny outside so I looked out of the window for several minutes, admiring the gently swaying branches of trees and trying to figure out the meaning of life, universe and everything. Imagine my surprise when I turned my gaze back to the screen and it said:
[h=1]Your order has been received[/h]​
[h=2]Thank you for your purchase![/h]​
The internet works in its mysterious ways. That, or I was possessed by a makeup crazy demon. Here's the damage (in small font, so it hurts less):
  • Intense Lipgloss in Indulge
  • Nail Varnish in Grab
  • Nail Varnish in Scorch
  • Nail Varnish in Ruthless
  • Nail Varnish in Loella
  • Nail Varnish in Jan
  • Nail Varnish in Obsess
  • Nail Varnish in Smash
  • Nail Varnish in Radium
  • Nail Varnish in Velocity
  • Nail Varnish in Whack
  • Blending Brush 2
  • Nail Varnish in Caress
  • Precision Ink in Alchemy
  • Precision Ink in Glister
  • Medium Pencil in Manic
:eek:
no problem ;) j had to take it to make sure I wasnt just trippin lol that's Is some haul that u got!! I got poke. ;) it's been on my list forever so I used my sephora VIB 10% off ;) yay!

Naughtyp

Yes, it works! Thank you! :bouquet: I like your pics! I've added a few of those polishes to my list. Very pretty. Great haul. It was very difficult to choose, wasn't it? I still want to order more.
thank you ;) I still have to put up some more and label what they Are it goes really slow on my phone lol

kimibos

Hey all.
wavey.gif
I'm trying to avoid this thread like the plague, simply because I can't afford to haul polish at the moment and you're all the worst enablers on Specktra.
girlhaha.gif

Everytime I come in here I see more stuff I want.
ohboy.gif

I think I want a light grey creme for spring, and some lavenders and purples. Maybe next month... I haven't bought any of the Chanel spring polishes and I feel incomplete.
sigh.gif

Oh, and I saw an Illamasqua one on Temptalia which I'm now lemming, and the Nars srping one. See?! I'm not looking at any more nail polish links, no good.
hahahaha.

BuickMackane

but that was my VS payment lol ooops! o well I better hustle at work this weekend make me some tips!! lol I'm not really considered a tipped employee but I can accept them.
Did Sephora have Poke in discount too? It was just a guess on my part that it may be DCd because it's a perm colour and about of the other Sale NPs on the Illamasqua website were collection items. Perhaps they're going to bring in some new shades and they want to make some space. Illamasqua are pretty vicious when it comes to pruning their permanent colours. Their Primal blush was contouring perfection. Noone in their right mind would DC that!
getyou.gif

Poke's gorgeous! I wish I managed to snag Fern and Hectic before they went to NP heaven.

As for tips, surely it's bad manners not to accept them? You have to accept them because you don't want to offend people!
angelic.gif

Naughtyp

Did Sephora have Poke in discount too? It was just a guess on my part that it may be DCd because it's a perm colour and about of the other Sale NPs on the Illamasqua website were collection items. Perhaps they're going to bring in some new shades and they want to make some space. Illamasqua are pretty vicious when it comes to pruning their permanent colours. Their Primal blush was contouring perfection. Noone in their right mind would DC that! :getyou: Poke's gorgeous! I wish I managed to snag Fern and Hectic before they went to NP heaven. As for tips, surely it's bad manners not to accept them? You have to accept them because you don't want to offend people! :angel:
no but i got a discount on it because I made VIB day after Christmas so that was one of my rewards, I got it for $13.50 it's normally listed at $14 +tax. I was going to use it for something else and order poke online with my free shipping reward but I saw the sephora by my work had it in stock so I had I get my hands in it ASAP lol. o yes I always accept tips lol. once when I worked at a grocery store we weren't allowed to accept tips we could get fired if we did. and there was secret shoppers so I had to turn a few down. a lady got mad once but that just made me suspect that it was a secret shopper. kimibos it's smart for you to stay away lol buy illamasqua from sephora. the shipping is pretty high if you order directly from the site

BuickMackane

Quote: Originally Posted by kimibos
thud.gif
im going to stayy away from the illamasqua site!!

I would have too, but then I got this stupid e-mail saying new lines added. The rest is history.

kimibos

I would have too, but then I got this stupid e-mail saying new lines added. The rest is history.
hahaha i just checked my mail and had that one but to the trash bin it went. but if i had the funds i would have done what you did. you know that hahaha

BuickMackane

hahaha i just checked my mail and had that one but to the trash bin it went. but if i had the funds i would have done what you did. you know that hahaha
I think I'm going to revise my spam filter settings. If I can't resist 'em I sure can avoid 'em! Yeah!

Corally

I also got that mail, I went to the website and clicked the x as fast as I could. Same for the A England sale. :lol:

Medgal07

I haven't done a head count lately but the last time I did (a year ago, I think?) it was around 400.

While new additions keep coming in, I gave away quite a few bottles mostly because they were near or bloody well 100% dupes. I'm guessing I'm a dozen or two short of 500 now.

700-800 you said? RESPECT!!!
th_worship.gif

I'm not holding my breath
whistle.gif

Lovely haul! Piaf is one of the shades that caught my attention in the spring collex. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.
Piaf looked so pretty. I'm happy to report back...I'll be doing my nails quite often because there won't be enough $$$ to do much else. I had to run to the market today. No food in the house...plenty of nail polish & makeup...no food!
ohboy.gif

OMG! Where does one even store 400-800 bottles of nail polish?
jawdrop.gif