Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

MACina

AWESOME, Buick
bigheart.gif

Enjoy your new toy, Cartoonchic!
pompom.gif

I want them too! Thing is, I have my stash swatched on nail wheels and I'd hate to have a mix of wheels and sticks, I even had a (somewhat pathetic) stab at a nail wheel filing system
lol.gif

BuickMackane

OMG! Where does one even store 400-800 bottles of nail polish?
jawdrop.gif
I have 4 Helmers from Ikea. Plus an empty one, kinda like BU. When placed next to eachother they provide a most useful little surface. Kinda makes up for the fact I don't have much furniture in the living room
lol.gif

Anneri

You guys, I woke up in the middle of the night and thought about the Illamasqua sale and what n/ps to get and shipping costs and my Zoya order (upcoming) and whether to get the mini set of the OPI Liquid Sands or just one big bottle and I've got the feeling that my sanity is slowly unravelling.

tease.gif

BuickMackane

You guys, I woke up in the middle of the night and thought about the Illamasqua sale and what n/ps to get and shipping costs and my Zoya order (upcoming) and whether to get the mini set of the OPI Liquid Sands or just one big bottle and I've got the feeling that my sanity is slowly unravelling.

tease.gif
Keep calm and inhale the fumes.

MRV

tease.gif
th_crazy.gif
I was just mixing my own glitter np in my dream!

Talking about dupes, I received my OPI Selena/Modern Family order yesterday and in the bottles Alex is 98% similar to Mac In the Limelight. Alex is that 2% darker and bluer.

Dominique33

It looks
pompom.gif
here lol. I picked up the 3 Dior Chérie Bow today, the Dior and Guerlain spring collections are available for some products, they are lovely. If you need or love some pastel classy shades I recommand the 3 !

Naughtyp

You guys, I woke up in the middle of the night and thought about the Illamasqua sale and what n/ps to get and shipping costs and my Zoya order (upcoming) and whether to get the mini set of the OPI Liquid Sands or just one big bottle and I've got the feeling that my sanity is slowly unravelling. :silly:
lol we understand! u got the mini opi liquid sand set so I could try it out first. I love them and will purchase a full bottle eventually. the shipping is expensive from illamasqua I won't order from there again I will wait till the stuff arrives at sephora.

Naughtyp

Sorry, I am not sure if this collection has been posted here already: http://www.beautezine.com/opi-disneys-oz-the-great-and-powerful-inspired-collection-for-spring-2013/ Those 4 look sooooo pretty :heart: Lights of Emerald City: White confetti When Monkeys Fly!: Gold confetti Which is Witch?: Silver glitter with iridescent sparkle What Wizardry is This?: LiquidSand    -> especially this one :eyelove: I cannot wait to see swatches!
so far I want Which is witch and What wizardry is this? I hope they make a mini set too.

Medgal07

If NP manufacturers had any sense they'd make edible nail polish. Preferably with essential vitamins and minerals. Shame on them for not recognising this gaping hole in the market. Next: NP bottles stackable into the shape of a bungalow.  I have 4 Helmers from Ikea. Plus an empty one, kinda like BU. When placed next to eachother they provide a most useful little surface. Kinda makes up for the fact I don't have much furniture in the living room :lol:
Sweetie, that's not a large stash....THAT's A STORE! :shock:

Naughtyp

I realized yesterday I have bought 24 bottles if np since jan 1st. I think I need to make it 25! lol I have $3 off anything at ulta. I kno where I'm going after work! lmao! maybe I will get my full sized opi sand polish..... I am hoping to find Alex by the books from the modern family collection!! I can't find it anywhere. the places that have the collection only have part of it. I have In the limelight but I still want this one too. lol it's my new fav color

Medgal07

It looks:pompom: here lol. I picked up the 3 Dior Chérie Bow today, the Dior and Guerlain spring collections are available for some products, they are lovely. If you need or love some pastel classy shades I recommand the 3 !
Does that mean you purchased Tutu? I have the other two in this collection. Tutu is the only one that I need before embarking on my NO, NO, NO BUY! :eyelove:

CartoonChic

Wow. I'm not gonna even start doing nail wheels/sticks, I think I've got 700/800 polishes so hell no. Better spend the money on more nail polish.
lol.gif
Good googly moogly!
th_worship.gif

Swatching nail wheel/sticks would still be a fun task to do. You could just do a little at a time. I did about 25 in one day. I'm sure that would probably make it a lot easier to pick what polish you'd want to wear and to see your entire collection quickly.

CartoonChic

I am hoping to find Alex by the books from the modern family collection!! I can't find it anywhere. the places that have the collection only have part of it. I have In the limelight but I still want this one too. lol it's my new fav color
Then that must mean I've been really good. I've only bought 13 polishes since Jan 1st: 2 Chanels, 5 Zoyas and 6 A-Englands.

CartoonChic

Very admirable CC. So, you paint the nail sticks by NP brand, and then when you're trying to decide which polish to wear you select from the sticks...is that right?
That's correct. It's just a lot easier for me to see all of the colors together and to compare them. I'm going to rearrange the sticks by color once I get a label maker. I have them by brand for now because it's the only way I can tell which color is which.

Corally

Wow. I'm not gonna even start doing nail wheels/sticks, I think I've got 700/800 polishes so hell no. Better spend the money on more nail polish. :lol:
Good googly moogly! :bowdown: Swatching nail wheel/sticks would still be a fun task to do. You could just do a little at a time. I did about 25 in one day. I'm sure that would probably make it a lot easier to pick what polish you'd want to wear and to see your entire collection quickly.
I definitely would. It'll take while though because the polishes I want to use up/sell/give away/toss out is about 50% of my stash. :sheep: I just don't want 10 polishes of the same color anymore, a lot of my polishes are unopened because of that and I want to use every one of them.

Naughtyp

:lol: Then that must mean I've been really good. I've only bought 13 polishes since Jan 1st: 2 Chanels, 5 Zoyas and 6 A-Englands.
nice try my dear lol but I haven't bought any makeup either just np ... think I'm stocked up for life! yet, I still want more! but like Corally said, I'm trying to not have 10 bottles of the same shade. it's not working tho cuz I keep buying the same color in every brand lol. when I get my orders I will have close to 60 polishes I need to try. I really need to stop. I'm getting a Betty np and a Veronica one tho I don't care how dupeable they are!