Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Medgal07

I love this mani. Makes me want to do an immediate polish change to Estee Lauder's Teal Topaz, the closest NP that I have to that color. Stunning!!!
yahoo.gif

Just sharing my current mani. Koh Empowered.. I picked this up in Amsterdam during our trip last year. I love love love this color.

Medgal07

This is the tiniest nudge that I needed and I took advantage to the nth degree. Last night, I was gifted the following order.

• U - Guinevere, Ascalon, Iseult
  • T - And The Moonbeams..., Camelot
  • K - Princess Sabra, Tess D'Urbervilles
  • Lady of the Lake
Then I got an email from Neiman's in the wee hours of the morning saying that the Chanel Imperial I ordered was cancelled.
crybaby.gif
They didn't have it in stock to fulfill. I wasn't worried about it getting cancelled since my last order with Diabolic went through, but I should've waited to make sure that it shipped before getting excited. After my initial disappointment, I did the only thing I could think of: order more nail polish! I now had about $30 of reclaimed money since Imperial was cancelled. The only logical thing to do was to place another A-England order.

• O - Saint George, Excalibur, Tristam
  • Avalon
  • Holy Grail LE - I wanted it before it was gone.

I'm hoping to exchange Saint George for Galahad since I previously ordered Saint George in my very first order. MAC has programmed me to snatch up LE items before they disappear, so I also wanted to get the old Holy Grail before it's gone. I'll get the new version later. No regrets! I checked the website just now and the THANKYOU sale is over. I placed three orders since the promotion began and hauled a total of 19 polishes. I think I managed to get all of their purple and green colors. I'm done [with A-England] until the next sale.

YOLO !

My Zoyas were also delivered yesterday. They arrived a day early. I wasn't wowed by them, but I'm still happy I got them. They're all very pretty colors. I swatched them after removing my mani with my newly delivered bottle of Remove+. There wasn't enough remover left in my old bottle to finish the job. (Walking around with partially removed nail polish is not a good look.) I really like Wednesday, and Zuza reminds me of a turquoise Victoriana.
eyelove.gif
I'm glad that Kara is different from my other corals. Neeka is a nice dusty eggplant purple, but it's not metallic like it's listed on the website. It's really a shimmer polish. Purity makes me feel like I'm wearing White Out on my nails. It's stark white. I got it mainly to pair with glitter polishes, so it should work well for that purpose. I'm putting together my next Zoya wishlist. I still need Neely! But I'm not going to pull the trigger on it until February or March.
Oh no. I need you to be wowed! Should I be lowering my expectations before my Zoya order arrives? I also got Purity because I like how my toes look with stark white polish and black strapy Manolo sandals. I was eagerly awaiting Zoya's Blu because it swatched so beautifully! I ordered Neely, so I'll let you know what's it's like before dust off the gun to pull the trigger. I like your 'makeup' hauls...what happens when you have a cancellation. You manage to find the best replacement items! Great haulage!!!
girlhaha.gif

CartoonChic

Those are great Zoya colors, kimibos. Medgal, you're right. I am noticing more yellows. I wasn't interested in OPI's sand polishes, but I'm intrigued by the Zoya version and I'm not sure why. I think I'll pick up one to try it. Surprisingly, the nude one appeals to me the most.

Yep, but the colours are prettier!

Can anybody tell me how long the DL LEs are hanging around in the US normally? Can I still expect to get them in April?
I'm not sure. I having been buying Lippmanns for very long. However, Ray of Light and Sweet Dreams are summer LEs and they still seem to be available.

kimibos

Those are great Zoya colors, kimibos. Medgal, you're right. I am noticing more yellows. I wasn't interested in OPI's sand polishes, but I'm intrigued by the Zoya version and I'm not sure why. I think I'll pick up one to try it. Surprisingly, the nude one appeals to me the most.

I'm not sure. I having been buying Lippmanns for very long. However, Ray of Light and Sweet Dreams are summer LEs and they still seem to be available.
thanks. do you think that purity is ok to layer neons?? i decided to get that one instead of the essie one, i hope its ok. i like the zoya nude sand one too!!!! and the blue one more than the mint, i have a feeling im just going to get the 3
ohboy.gif

i went back to the zoya site and somehow i have some colors in my cart that i didnt see before!!! i hate it, i said soooo many times i was done and nope i dont think so!

Slimmycakes

RANDOM: But what Top Coat are you ladies using to prevent chips and/or provide high shine? I'm currently not happy with mine. (Besides Seche please)

BuickMackane

RANDOM: But what Top Coat are you ladies using to prevent chips and/or provide high shine? I'm currently not happy with mine. (Besides Seche please)
Poshe, The Shield (A-England) and Wicked Fast (Cult Nails) are my favourites.

I've been using my first bottle of Sally Hansen Insta Dri for the past 1.5 weeks and I'm really liking it so far. Two thumbs up for Sally!

kimibos

I've been using my first bottle of Sally Hansen Insta Dri for the past 1.5 weeks and I'm really liking it so far. Two thumbs up for Sally!
i was just checking Poshe at amazon.com. i actually dont like the sally ones or the one from opi.

Medgal07

thanks. do you think that purity is ok to layer neons?? i decided to get that one instead of the essie one, i hope its ok. i like the zoya nude sand one too!!!! and the blue one more than the mint, i have a feeling im just going to get the 3
ohboy.gif

i went back to the zoya site and somehow i have some colors in my cart that i didnt see before!!! i hate it, i said soooo many times i was done and nope i dont think so!
Tee hee...somehow you have some colors in your cart that you hand't seen before??? Sounds like someone fell off the wagon. I am here to tell you that you are not alone. I need more happy yellow in my life (because the numerous yellow accents throughout our home are not enough) and I want it on my nails. In yet another slip of judgement I ordered Butter London's Jasper. It's not just the color. I happen to kinda like that name...it also reminds me of the unsavory character (cheater) in the movie, 'The Holiday.'
drinks.gif

kimibos

Tee hee...somehow you have some colors in your cart that you hand't seen before??? Sounds like someone fell off the wagon. I am here to tell you that you are not alone. I need more happy yellow in my life (because the numerous yellow accents throughout our home are not enough) and I want it on my nails. In yet another slip of judgement I ordered Butter London's Jasper. It's not just the color. I happen to kinda like that name...it also reminds me of the unsavory character (cheater) in the movie, 'The Holiday.'
drinks.gif
yes!! and i dont know why im adding some nubar polishes in amazon and checking stuff at drugstore.com, i kind of live there tho. did you get pippa from zoya!? it looks like a good yellow. i cant wait to get it. have you seen BL Cheeky chops, its yellow too, i was going to get it but got pippa instead. chances are im going to end up with it later. Jasper looks cute, i got the mint, pink and purple ones from nordstrom but im still thinking about the coral one.
wondering.gif

kimibos

Have we seen this picture of the BL starkers collection, i know someone posted one but i cant remember if it was this one. sorry if its.
image-3581667699.jpg

Source:twitter
they are by skin tone.but i dont really care i want them all!!

kimibos

cheerleader.gif
My Zoya orderS Shipped and my nordstrom one with the spring BL Shipped too!! ill be in polish heaven soon, i hope they're here by friday. please usps, ups and fedex
angelic.gif

BuickMackane

yes!! and i dont know why im adding some nubar polishes in amazon and checking stuff at drugstore.com, i kind of live there tho. did you get pippa from zoya!? it looks like a good yellow. i cant wait to get it. have you seen BL Cheeky chops, its yellow too, i was going to get it but got pippa instead. chances are im going to end up with it later. Jasper looks cute, i got the mint, pink and purple ones from nordstrom but im still thinking about the coral one.
wondering.gif
*cough* no buy *cough*
whistle.gif

linainoz

I've been using SH Insta Dri for a few years now - it dries my polish really quickly.

When I was in the US a few months ago I picked up a few top coats we can't get here - Seche, Poshe, Essie Good To Go - but I haven't tried them yet.

Medgal07

wondering.gif
http://nail-loopy.blogspot.com/2012/12/butter-london-jasper-spring-2013.html ...sun ripe goodness!
My Fiver and Fruit Machine have shipped. Jaffa arrived last week! I was looking a Pippa too. Slapped my own hand and said NO NO!!
ohboy.gif

Medgal07

Have we seen this picture of the BL starkers collection, i know someone posted one but i cant remember if it was this one. sorry if its.
image-3581667699.jpg

Source:twitter
they are by skin tone.but i dont really care i want them all!!
I like all of these but I have so many dupes that I will have to pass. I love nudes. In fact, I'm wearing DL's No More Drama, which is a nude for me w/just a hint of shimmer. LOVE!
eyelove.gif