Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

MRV

Kelly has swatches of the Nicole OPI Modern Family collex!

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2013/01/nicole-opi-modern-family-collection-swatches-review#more-36092

The only one I like is A Like-Haley Story (I'm guessing Haley is a character in the show?). I'm not sure if I'll get it though. Saving up for DL!!!
I only got one (Alex) from this collection as from the Selena one too. I often get only one or two shades per coll., if any. I have so many NP plans atm that I cannot hoard everything anyways.

Slimmycakes

RANDOM: But what Top Coat are you ladies using to prevent chips and/or provide high shine? I'm currently not happy with mine. (Besides Seche please)
I probably shouldn't be responding to your question because I had to check to see which top coat I'm currently using......Sally Hansen Strengthening Top Coat. I'm more concerned with quick drying than chipping because I change my polish pretty frequently. That said, I think the chipping of my polishes is proportional to what I do with my hands. I recently ordered A England's base & top coats, and I'll be more cognizant of how my polishes wear.
Thank you ladies for the suggestions! Seche is just a pain by the time you get to half the bottle. For the price, I shouldn't have to add thinner to keep it's life. Same thing with Sally Insta-Dri, thickens 2/3rds in. I'm currently using Sally Super Shine but I feel like I have to apply it everyday to keep the high gloss look.

This is a mani I did last night, still need a little cleaning up. I'm not a glitter girl at all but I'm in love with this China Glaze formula. Was a breeze and opaque with 1 coat! It just sparkles.
eyelove.gif
The accent is Illamasqua Nomad. This was surprisingly a bit streaky and needed a 2nd coat to clean it up.

honey on boost

Thank you all for the compliments on the koh mani
blush-anim-cl.gif

Lovely colour! Looked up Koh. Never heard of them. But then again I was not even a remote NPA when I visited Amstedam. They seem to have some interesting colours (like greens - BTW a green March could be really nice thing to do, I'm stocking up greens!) but difficulf pages! *Puts the brand on list for later acquisitions...*
I would love to do a green March.. I have sooo many!

BuickMackane

TY! Yeah they are a little pricey but I love the formula, bottle and the boxes are adorable!! When I bought them she tried to give them to me without a box I was like nonono I want my box!!
lol! They are awesome :x
She probably wanted to keep them for herself. Well, not this time!

What other colours did you get?

Corally

And I just got 3 more, I can't stop myself. :crazy: So here's my final Catrice haul :blush:
You need one more in the second row 
greengrin.gif
I never tried the Ultimate Nudes range because I was worried they'd be too sheer and, erm, classy for my liking, 
Ssshh don't say that!! I'm not going to Kruidvat for a while. :haha: And some Ultimate Nudes are on the sheer side but others are really opaque! They are classy though. :pp:

MACina

girlhaha.gif
....indeed!
You need one more in the second row
greengrin.gif

I never tried the Ultimate Nudes range because I was worried they'd be too sheer and, erm, classy for my liking,

She probably wanted to keep them for herself. Well, not this time!

What other colours did you get?

Speaking of top coats....has anyone tried the Dior Top Coat?
I am tempted to get this one because I read a few good reviews but since it is quite expensive I would love to hear
more thoughts on it.

honey on boost

girlhaha.gif
....indeed!

Speaking of top coats....has anyone tried the Dior Top Coat?
I am tempted to get this one because I read a few good reviews but since it is quite expensive I would love to hear
more thoughts on it.
I have it. I like that it's fast drying and it's alot thinner than a lot of top coats. I screwed up my bottle by using it right after using Aloha (bright orange) on my nails and now the topcoat is tinted :/

vaisforluvrs

First time coming to the Nail polish discussion board!! I just found this while searching for Archie's girls pictures: http://www.averysweetblog.com/2013/01/opi-urban-decay-oz-great-and-powerful.html. I'm excited to see how these look on the nail.

BuickMackane

I have it. I like that it's fast drying and it'salot thinner than a lot of top coats. I screwed up my bottle by using it right after using Aloha (bright orange) on my nails and now the topcoat is tinted :/
How long have you had it for? All of the fast drying top coats I tried got gloopy at some point. I have yet to find one that reaches the 1/2 mark and maintain its original consistency.

MACina

Thank you, honey on boost!

That sounds great and exactly like what I am looking for.So I will get it
smiles.gif

I am so sorry that Aloha screwed up your bottle.That is really annoying
ssad.gif

I have it. I like that it's fast drying and it's alot thinner than a lot of top coats. I screwed up my bottle by using it right after using Aloha (bright orange) on my nails and now the topcoat is tinted :/

Anneri

How long have you had it for? All of the fast drying top coats I tried got gloopy at some point. I have yet to find one that reaches the 1/2 mark and maintain its original consistency.
I read a really neat trick on a blog a while ago: always buy two bottles of your topcoat, and once you've used up enough of one bottle that the brush isn't covered any more by the polish, pour enough of your second bottle into the first one that the bottle is reasonably full again. So the brush doesn't dry out and the polish can't get gloopy because there's too much air in the bottle.
I tried it with Essie's Good to Go and it works great.

BuickMackane

I read a really neat trick on a blog a while ago: always buy two bottles of your topcoat, and once you've used up enough of one bottle that the brush isn't covered any more by the polish, pour enough of your second bottle into the first one that the bottle is reasonably full again. So the brush doesn't dry out and the polish can't get gloopy because there's too much air in the bottle. I tried it with Essie's Good to Go and it works great.
I do that too!

Except that both my bottles are half used. The end result is good enough to use with glitters. I don't use it with cremes or shimmers because the risen-from-ashes TC sometimes bubbles on me.

honey on boost

I've had it for over a year now. I haven't used it in a couple of months. I'll try it tonight and let you know how it is. When I first used it I thought it was weird because it is very watery.