Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

kimibos

old mani- DL naked with CG prism
and BL Lillibet's Jubilee
eyelove.gif
and thats just one coat!!!!!!!

Naughtyp

I do wait the required minute. There's just something about the Beauty Secrets top coat that takes a while to dry even with the drying drops. I haven't made it to Ulta yet. I've been trying to catch up on some work. I'm going to be on and off the boards until I catch up. But I could no longer wait for a new a top coat and polished my nails anyway without one. I'm wearing Chanel Graphite now. I'm not worried about my manicure wearing away because I'll be changing polishes more frequently. I decided to count all of the polishes I haven't worn yet... I have about 140 untrieds. :wtf2: :nuts: :thud:
OMG lol I thought I was bad with 60!!

Naughtyp

my Zoyas shipped today! can't wait to get them and my a England order!! don't know if I'll e able to buy any np for the next month ;( I'm going to get that green holo from urban outfitters tommorow! I need a np fix lol

MACina

th_drool.gif
.....I am definitely sold on Belargus and Azure
love.gif

Thank you for sharing, honey on boost!

Have you all seen the Chanel summer polishes?? I'm not sure how I feel about Belargus yet but the other two are a definite yes.

Source: http://rijah.dk/2013/01/chanel-neglelak-summer-2013

Naughtyp

old mani- DL naked with CG prism   and BL Lillibet's Jubilee 
eyelove.gif
love both pics! I love Lillibets Jubilee it's so pretty! I was going to get thenolympic set so many ones but I always put it back :( it was on sale at ulta too. man I shoulda got it! lol o well, this one is better anyways! ;)

Naughtyp

how is that possible!?? do skittles manis and pedis!!!! 
I kno lol for reals! I think I'll be ok till after Archie's! got tons of colors to try + my orders on the way. I want to pick up more from URban Outfitters but it depends on my check.... damn I need another job to pay for all this np!

MAChostage

The Zoyas I ordered from the latest promotion finally shipped after 1+ week (I ordered Ziv, Noel and Aurora - I just LOVED that Ornate collection!). While I was on the site I checked my Share The Love promotional offers and discovered that I had two that expire in a couple of weeks, free shipping and a free polish + Hot Lips Balm. I took advantage of the free polish/Hot Lips promotion and ordered Rhianna and Edyta. I can't wait to get all my Zoyas!

In other news, for you Seche fans, I was in CVS and spied a Seche combo promotional package of their Basecoat and Quick Drying topcoat for around $8. They had these up along the top shelves, where they keep seasonal/soon-to-be-stocked/extra/overstocked merchandise, so most people would not have even noticed it. I've gotten into the habit of looking up to see which products have not yet been put into the current inventory and have found some great products and bargains that way.

Medgal07

I always thought the drops to be an alternative to a fast drying TC as opposed to a complement. As far as I know most people use them directly on the polish so doubt they would damage your nails. Not that I'm a nail expert, mind. To me it seems a bit of an overkill to use a fast drying TC and drying drops though. Take Seche, for instance. That thing dries to touch in what? A minute? By the time you apply the drops it will have dried already.

re: Never used Lippmann but Poshe also gets gloopy in time. As do all fast drying TCs I tried. From what I understand Seche is the gloop king though
lol.gif
. I used Seche Restore to thin my semi-solidified Poshes and it worked pretty well. The tip MRV posted yesterday really helps get more mileage out of gloopy TCs too.

It must be something uniquely common to all topcoat /drying formulas because they all seem to thicken and become a little harder to apply over time. I'm not sure about any damage resultant of applying drying drops directly over NP. I put them over a strengthening top coat that is NOT quick drying. I guess we should do whatever we've found to work for us individually. I do LOVE hearing tips and trying what has worked for others.
th_worship.gif

Yay! It's great to see such great CS from a small company that probably doesn't even have dedicated CS staff. Chances are Adina is doing it all herself. I had a similar experience with CultNails recently. I tried to order 3 bottles when they did their flash sale on Dec 31 but stupid Paypal didn't let me place the order. I dropped them an e-mail and they sent me an invoice where they charged me the sale prices for the NPs even though the sale was over. Love them!
cheerleader.gif

That's pretty a awesome CS experience. CS is paramount to my hauling experience. If it's bad I don't go back!
ohboy.gif

Medgal07

You inspired me with this pretty mani...I put on a glitter polish yesterday. Although I love the mani I keep looking at my nails and thinking about the chore/challenge of getting it off!
girlhaha.gif

PS My A England order shipped yesterday!
fluffy.gif

Medgal07

First time coming to the Nail polish discussion board!! I just found this while searching for Archie's girls pictures: http://www.averysweetblog.com/2013/01/opi-urban-decay-oz-great-and-powerful.html. I'm excited to see how these look on the nail.
th_hello2.gif
Thanks for sharing...cough....enabling. No willpower here!!
fluffy.gif

Medgal07

I do wait the required minute. There's just something about the Beauty Secrets top coat that takes a while to dry even with the drying drops. I haven't made it to Ulta yet. I've been trying to catch up on some work. I'm going to be on and off the boards until I catch up. But I could no longer wait for a new a top coat and polished my nails anyway without one. I'm wearing Chanel Graphite now.
I'm not worried about my manicure wearing away because I'll be changing polishes more frequently. I decided to count all of the polishes I haven't worn yet...
I have about 140 untrieds.
wtff.gif
wacko.gif
thud.gif
th_worship.gif
holysheep.gif

Medgal07

What did you swap? I asked in my email to her if my orders shipped and she told me then. She says they're behind with sending out shipping notices. I'm sure they've been swamped because of the sale. I bet a lot of us on this thread are probably responsible.
girlhaha.gif
I hope we are bolstering her business. I wanted Trio 'U' but inadvertently selected 'Y'. I'm being patient...after all, it's not like I don't have any NP on hand to use.
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

Gawd I hate my new mani!

I figured I should do something sophisticated and feminine for a change so I put on Bourjois Rouge Diva. Didn't like it. Couldn't be arsed to remove it so I thought I should jazz it up instead. Enter OPI Golden Rainbow.

Result?

puke.gif
lmao.gif

Medgal07

Have you all seen the Chanel summer polishes?? I'm not sure how I feel about Belargus yet but the other two are a definite yes.

Source: http://rijah.dk/2013/01/chanel-neglelak-summer-2013
I'm not yet sure how I feel about these...I wasn't wowed at first glance. I rely a lot on my initial reaction and I was just underwhelmed. That said, I keep looking at Belargus and thinking it would look nice against a nice white summer outfit. It seems I can talk myself into just about anything!
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

old mani- DL naked with CG prism
and BL Lillibet's Jubilee
eyelove.gif
Lilibet's Jubilee was one of my first BLs months ago and I have yet to try. It's just beautiful...I need to get my mani butt in motion and start using some of these untouched, yet gorgeous NPs. It looks really pretty on you!