Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

So I saw the EP bottle shot for HHC and was convinced I wanted it, but I'm less sure now I've seen swatches. Nice but not worth hefty postage on top of the cost. I don't really see anything else on the list I feel I need, so at the moment I'm thinking to skip. I don't have any plans to use Stackry in the next few weeks and it's due to be emptied long before this will ship, and it's extortionate to ship a single polish to the UK.

Anitacska

So I saw the EP bottle shot for HHC and was convinced I wanted it, but I'm less sure now I've seen swatches. Nice but not worth hefty postage on top of the cost. I don't really see anything else on the list I feel I need, so at the moment I'm thinking to skip. I don't have any plans to use Stackry in the next few weeks and it's due to be emptied long before this will ship, and it's extortionate to ship a single polish to the UK.

Glad you're feeling better. Good news about your eyesight, I've been wearing glasses / contact lenses for 30 years now, but it's just down to being short sighted and it doesn't bother me enough to get laser eye surgery. Obviously cataracts are different.

Paws is fine now and I've already got the money back minus the excess. I'm not convinced it's really worth having insurance, I pay nearly £200 a month for 3 cats and a dog, but now they're getting older, it's not worth risking it. I couldn't pay thousands if they had some very serious illness or injury.

Sorry you're still waiting for your Illyrian order and refund, she has pretty much disappeared, it's just ridiculous.

As for the EP, don't want to be enabling, but if you do want it, you could join the HHC UK group buy. I've only had to pay about $2.50 shipping per polish, plus the UK shipping, but the lady that runs it will hold your order, so you can save on the UK postage if you're planning on ordering a few times. I only want the EP this month and that's what I'm doing.

boschicka

Glad you're feeling better. Good news about your eyesight, I've been wearing glasses / contact lenses for 30 years now, but it's just down to being short sighted and it doesn't bother me enough to get laser eye surgery. Obviously cataracts are different.

Paws is fine now and I've already got the money back minus the excess. I'm not convinced it's really worth having insurance, I pay nearly £200 a month for 3 cats and a dog, but now they're getting older, it's not worth risking it. I couldn't pay thousands if they had some very serious illness or injury.

Sorry you're still waiting for your Illyrian order and refund, she has pretty much disappeared, it's just ridiculous.

As for the EP, don't want to be enabling, but if you do want it, you could join the HHC UK group buy. I've only had to pay about $2.50 shipping per polish, plus the UK shipping, but the lady that runs it will hold your order, so you can save on the UK postage if you're planning on ordering a few times. I only want the EP this month and that's what I'm doing.
I hear you on the pet insurance. We pay 90 USD per month for one dog, but it was amazing to have last year when she lost her leg to cancer. It was nice to be able to tell the vets to do whatever was necessary without a second thought to cost. With diagnostics, amputation, chemo, and post-care, our total expenses would have been somewhere between 12k to 15k USD.

Anitacska

I hear you on the pet insurance. We pay 90 USD per month for one dog, but it was amazing to have last year when she lost her leg to cancer. It was nice to be able to tell the vets to do whatever was necessary without a second thought to cost. With diagnostics, amputation, chemo, and post-care, our total expenses would have been somewhere between 12k to 15k USD.

Aaw, poor doggy. Hope she's okay now.

Anitacska

I've been so busy and overwhelmed with the loft conversion and dealing with 2 moody teenagers (eldest is now an adult and is actually very nice to be around), but with any luck, I have a few minutes to post some mani pictures. I also haven't been buying nail polish as the loft is costing me an absolute fortune, although I did order 5 polishes from PPU. I want to get some Tonics and have been trying to sell some make up I don't need on eBay to fund them. I did sell 4 Urban Decay palettes, but of course one of the buyers hasn't paid yet. Her excuse is, her car broke down and she can't pay until next payday 28th!). I'm sorry, but if you can't afford to pay £24 for an eyeshadow palette, then you really shouldn't be bidding on stuff! Ugh. I told her she has until today to pay or I'll relist it. But of course that's another week until it sells again (if it sells). I want to order the Tonics soon as I'll have to empty my Stackry box in less than a month, plus the Tonic sale is only until the end of January anyway.

So, manis. First is Girly Bits On the Nice List with Models Own Northern Lights (2013 untried). Such a pretty, soft combo.

IMG_20200107_121309626.jpg

IMG_20200107_121318678.jpg

IMG_20200107_121426798.jpg

Next is Lacquester Doomed Deluxe with Glam Polish Frankenslime 2016. I loved the Lacquester, it's so pretty! And Frankenslime is fun. I was getting bored of pastel pinks and blues.

IMG_20200109_104633309.jpg

IMG_20200109_104750296.jpg

This is Barielle Lyndsay's Dancin' with Topshop Jem (2013 untried).

IMG_20200111_133135726.jpg

IMG_20200111_133209742.jpg

And finally, Emily de Molly Undo What's Done with Tonic Polish Windy City. Loved these two.

IMG_20200113_094705900.jpg

IMG_20200113_094720935.jpg

IMG_20200113_114707435.jpg

PearlyQueen

I've been so busy and overwhelmed with the loft conversion and dealing with 2 moody teenagers (eldest is now an adult and is actually very nice to be around), but with any luck, I have a few minutes to post some mani pictures. I also haven't been buying nail polish as the loft is costing me an absolute fortune, although I did order 5 polishes from PPU. I want to get some Tonics and have been trying to sell some make up I don't need on eBay to fund them. I did sell 4 Urban Decay palettes, but of course one of the buyers hasn't paid yet. Her excuse is, her car broke down and she can't pay until next payday 28th!). I'm sorry, but if you can't afford to pay £24 for an eyeshadow palette, then you really shouldn't be bidding on stuff! Ugh. I told her she has until today to pay or I'll relist it. But of course that's another week until it sells again (if it sells). I want to order the Tonics soon as I'll have to empty my Stackry box in less than a month, plus the Tonic sale is only until the end of January anyway.

So, manis. First is Girly Bits On the Nice List with Models Own Northern Lights (2013 untried). Such a pretty, soft combo.

View attachment 67154

View attachment 67155

View attachment 67156

Next is Lacquester Doomed Deluxe with Glam Polish Frankenslime 2016. I loved the Lacquester, it's so pretty! And Frankenslime is fun. I was getting bored of pastel pinks and blues.

View attachment 67157

View attachment 67158

This is Barielle Lyndsay's Dancin' with Topshop Jem (2013 untried).

View attachment 67159

View attachment 67160

And finally, Emily de Molly Undo What's Done with Tonic Polish Windy City. Loved these two.

View attachment 67161

View attachment 67162

View attachment 67163
I really like most of these! The first one is just soft and pretty and yummy, the last one is just my kind of colour. And I love your green and purple combo, so bold! Even the Barielle is a really nice shade.

PearlyQueen

And my FTLOP box arrived today! Yay, one less thing to stress about...
I chased it at the weekend, it had gone another 12 days since last contact. She agreed to resend this time straight to PO not using 3rd party shippers, and it got here in a couple of days! Just as well, apparently there are no more.
Speaking of, I did get a shipping notice from Illyrian but of course it's sat in pre-shipment for 2 days so far, I expect "the post office didn't scan it"! Or the bottle supplier let her down. Or she ran out of brushes. Or a dog ate her homework.

Anitacska

I really like most of these! The first one is just soft and pretty and yummy, the last one is just my kind of colour. And I love your green and purple combo, so bold! Even the Barielle is a really nice shade.

Thank you! The Barielle was actually surprisingly very nice. The Topshop glitter was a bit thick though, I think I should've thinned it a bit.

Anitacska

And my FTLOP box arrived today! Yay, one less thing to stress about...
I chased it at the weekend, it had gone another 12 days since last contact. She agreed to resend this time straight to PO not using 3rd party shippers, and it got here in a couple of days! Just as well, apparently there are no more.
Speaking of, I did get a shipping notice from Illyrian but of course it's sat in pre-shipment for 2 days so far, I expect "the post office didn't scan it"! Or the bottle supplier let her down. Or she ran out of brushes. Or a dog ate her homework.

Yay for the FTLOP box!

Any news on the Illyrian package?

I shouldn't be buying polishes really as the loft conversion is eating up all my money, but I did order some Tonics with the 20% discount (plus 4 of the holiday ones even though the discount didn't apply to those, because this way they're shipped together and I don't have to order again for a bit). At least some of it was financed by my eBay sales. Oh and I also ordered the HHC EP (also from eBay money). Did you get it?

PearlyQueen

Yay for the FTLOP box!

Any news on the Illyrian package?

I shouldn't be buying polishes really as the loft conversion is eating up all my money, but I did order some Tonics with the 20% discount (plus 4 of the holiday ones even though the discount didn't apply to those, because this way they're shipped together and I don't have to order again for a bit). At least some of it was financed by my eBay sales. Oh and I also ordered the HHC EP (also from eBay money). Did you get it?
Oh I hate it when you have to spend your money on grown-up stuff...
Illyrian is still in pre-shipment, monkey pirates burgled the post office maybe.
Yay for new Tonics, yay for eBay sales!
I haven't bought anything for ages, broke as usual, not much I want - and still hacked off after all the hassles. I didn't get EP, maybe I'll put it on my swap list since you did! I've been GOOD!

PearlyQueen

My last couple of manis -
astroworld 1.JPG astroworld 2.JPG
Illyrian - Astroworld (magnetic). My first go with the new style magnetics, not a roaring success sadly. I felt it wanted a third coat for one thing, for another my nails are too curvy for diagonals with the Tonic bar magnet, for a third I kept smudging them when I was picking up the magnet. So not perfect, and that probably explains why it chipped after two days. That said, it was pretty, and I could definitely see the areas where the magnetic stuff had clumped to, I did like it. I have a Dreamland magnet on a stick handle, I might try that next time and go for a straight line instead of a diagonal?
every star that ever was.JPG
Dreamland - Every Star That Ever Was.
Nice, but all my pics came out blurry - this was the best of six!

Anitacska

Oh I hate it when you have to spend your money on grown-up stuff...
Illyrian is still in pre-shipment, monkey pirates burgled the post office maybe.
Yay for new Tonics, yay for eBay sales!
I haven't bought anything for ages, broke as usual, not much I want - and still hacked off after all the hassles. I didn't get EP, maybe I'll put it on my swap list since you did! I've been GOOD!

Yep, that's fine.

Anitacska

My last couple of manis -
View attachment 67168 View attachment 67169
Illyrian - Astroworld (magnetic). My first go with the new style magnetics, not a roaring success sadly. I felt it wanted a third coat for one thing, for another my nails are too curvy for diagonals with the Tonic bar magnet, for a third I kept smudging them when I was picking up the magnet. So not perfect, and that probably explains why it chipped after two days. That said, it was pretty, and I could definitely see the areas where the magnetic stuff had clumped to, I did like it. I have a Dreamland magnet on a stick handle, I might try that next time and go for a straight line instead of a diagonal?
View attachment 67170
Dreamland - Every Star That Ever Was.
Nice, but all my pics came out blurry - this was the best of six!

Very pretty. Astroworld might be better over black, or definitely another coat. You could try getting a big magnet that you can rest your finger on while painting, I find it so much easier not that to try and hold the magnet over the finger. I got mine from Amazon, it was only a few quid. I can find the link for you if you like.

PearlyQueen

Very pretty. Astroworld might be better over black, or definitely another coat. You could try getting a big magnet that you can rest your finger on while painting, I find it so much easier not that to try and hold the magnet over the finger. I got mine from Amazon, it was only a few quid. I can find the link for you if you like.
Thanks Anita, link would be good please if it makes a big difference to the ease of use.

Anitacska

Thanks Anita, link would be good please if it makes a big difference to the ease of use.

Argh, stupid Specktra isn't showing the link properly. Search for efeel® Super Strong Extra Long 70mm x 12mm x 5mm 70mm Length Rare Earth Neodymium Block Bar Magnets Grade N35

It really helps, I just rest my finger on it when applying the polish and keep it on for about 30 seconds. Be sure to do it for every coat including the topcoat.

Last edited:

Latest posts