Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Thank you both! I think I'll give her a few more days and then ask again. Obviously I don't want her to have to go out just to post these, but I wish she would just say if she wanted to wait until this is all over. Ideally I would love my polishes, but I can live without them.

Anitacska

I asked in the FF group yesterday and almost immediately she appeared with quotes for me and the other lady. Funny that. She said she was dropping them off today, but we'll see, I haven't had tracking yet.

In other news, my March PPU order has arrived. I really like all of them.

IMG_20200404_150246988.jpg

Anitacska

Time for some mani pictures. First is Femme Fatale Hook (thermal) with Cirque Magic Hour (2013 untried). I did not like the FF, it was really "watery" and dull. The glitter topper pulled it off the end of the nail, it looked really rubbish. Meh.

IMG_20200328_102741079.jpg

IMG_20200328_162519895.jpg

Next is Femme Fatale Ashes to Dusk (thermal) with Polished for Days 2018 Prototype. I did like both of these a lot.

IMG_20200330_122138205.jpg

IMG_20200330_122152965.jpg

IMG_20200330_122402900.jpg

Another big disappointment, Liquid Sky Lacquer French Quartet (thermal) with Hits Glitters World Monaco (2013 untried). The LSL was really runny and after I applied the topcoat, it pulled away from my cuticles. Really weird, never seen anything like this. I know it wasn't the topcoat. Ah well, another one for the destash pile.

IMG_20200401_121407001.jpg

IMG_20200401_121506320.jpg

This is Cadillacquer Maybe Tomorrow with Hits Glitters World Nova York (2013 untried) and I was pleasantly surprised by the Cadillacquer, I really liked it on me.

IMG_20200403_140731124.jpg

IMG_20200403_140740304.jpg

PearlyQueen

Time for some mani pictures. First is Femme Fatale Hook (thermal) with Cirque Magic Hour (2013 untried). I did not like the FF, it was really "watery" and dull. The glitter topper pulled it off the end of the nail, it looked really rubbish. Meh.

View attachment 67465

View attachment 67466

Next is Femme Fatale Ashes to Dusk (thermal) with Polished for Days 2018 Prototype. I did like both of these a lot.

View attachment 67467

View attachment 67468

View attachment 67469

Another big disappointment, Liquid Sky Lacquer French Quartet (thermal) with Hits Glitters World Monaco (2013 untried). The LSL was really runny and after I applied the topcoat, it pulled away from my cuticles. Really weird, never seen anything like this. I know it wasn't the topcoat. Ah well, another one for the destash pile.

View attachment 67470

View attachment 67471

This is Cadillacquer Maybe Tomorrow with Hits Glitters World Nova York (2013 untried) and I was pleasantly surprised by the Cadillacquer, I really liked it on me.

View attachment 67472

View attachment 67473
These are kind of cool! Love Ashes to Dusk and the proto together

Anitacska

Apparently MyHermes didn't pick up my package from the FF group buy organiser yesterday, so I'm still waiting... Also ordered some swatchsticks from eBay last week as I want to swatch all my Tonics (I'm bored), and it seems the Royal Mail lost the package as the tracking hasn't updated since Saturday. Ugh.

Interestingly I was looking at the Illyrian website and all the new colours were available, only just now seen that one has sold out. It seems people are not buying as much as she thought.

I kinda want to buy polish, but since I don't have any money, it's a moot point. There isn't anything in particular, I just want to buy polish in general, lol. I told you I'm bored.

Oh and noticed that this is EP's last HHC contribution, looks like she only did 4. Don't like this current one at all. Hopefully I'll get the 2 I bought plus the FF from last month soon.

PearlyQueen

Apparently MyHermes didn't pick up my package from the FF group buy organiser yesterday, so I'm still waiting... Also ordered some swatchsticks from eBay last week as I want to swatch all my Tonics (I'm bored), and it seems the Royal Mail lost the package as the tracking hasn't updated since Saturday. Ugh.

Interestingly I was looking at the Illyrian website and all the new colours were available, only just now seen that one has sold out. It seems people are not buying as much as she thought.

I kinda want to buy polish, but since I don't have any money, it's a moot point. There isn't anything in particular, I just want to buy polish in general, lol. I told you I'm bored.

Oh and noticed that this is EP's last HHC contribution, looks like she only did 4. Don't like this current one at all. Hopefully I'll get the 2 I bought plus the FF from last month soon.
I think post is a bit hit and miss just now, although both of my Illyrian packages were definitely shipped, tracking in Chicago stopped on 2nd April, and USPS says delays are happening due to lack of planes. It's putting me off my Lemming order, though I want to wait till next week for that anyway thanks to another sizeable vet bill for Morph for the second month in a row (my rent just went up too, and I had to pay the estate agent their renewal fees this month :( ) On the plus side, dentist is postponed indefinitely...
Yes, I hate being broke and not shopping for polish (I skipped the PPU PfD I wanted because the shipping made it very expensive for a single polish) so all I've bought for a while is the mini Glam order not shipping till June. It's been a mix of brokeness and nothing I'm happy to pay the costs for. And of course the exchange rate is still appalling, don't see that changing any time soon though - the new normal.
I'm also hardly changing my polish these days, working from home seems to be making my manis last forever!
The EPs on HHC didn't last long! I don't like this month's either, there's nothing from this release I'll be buying.

Anitacska

I think post is a bit hit and miss just now, although both of my Illyrian packages were definitely shipped, tracking in Chicago stopped on 2nd April, and USPS says delays are happening due to lack of planes. It's putting me off my Lemming order, though I want to wait till next week for that anyway thanks to another sizeable vet bill for Morph for the second month in a row (my rent just went up too, and I had to pay the estate agent their renewal fees this month :( ) On the plus side, dentist is postponed indefinitely...
Yes, I hate being broke and not shopping for polish (I skipped the PPU PfD I wanted because the shipping made it very expensive for a single polish) so all I've bought for a while is the mini Glam order not shipping till June. It's been a mix of brokeness and nothing I'm happy to pay the costs for. And of course the exchange rate is still appalling, don't see that changing any time soon though - the new normal.
I'm also hardly changing my polish these days, working from home seems to be making my manis last forever!
The EPs on HHC didn't last long! I don't like this month's either, there's nothing from this release I'll be buying.

Yeah, I had that with my Tonic order, sat in Chicago for several days, then came via Tokyo. Sorry about the vet bills, and the rent and all the other costs. I've had to renew my house insurance, and my car will be due its service once things go back to normal. At least that's saving me some money right now, I hardly drive, so there's less petrol needed, and the petrol prices have gone down by about 20p per litre! I can't remember when I last filled up my car and it's still half full.

Shame about the PfD, have you looked into ordering from the UK site? It's still a lot of shipping for one polish as it's $2 extra plus £4 UK postage, but not as bad as US shipping. I hate buying from there as it goes through RC Annette, but it's so much cheaper for just a few.

EP has a new collection coming out, she posted a sneak peek yesterday, it's a green holo polish, big deal. Tonic has a new collection coming soon too, luckily she keeps everything in stock for months, so I think I'll wait a bit until I order.

PearlyQueen

Yeah, I had that with my Tonic order, sat in Chicago for several days, then came via Tokyo. Sorry about the vet bills, and the rent and all the other costs. I've had to renew my house insurance, and my car will be due its service once things go back to normal. At least that's saving me some money right now, I hardly drive, so there's less petrol needed, and the petrol prices have gone down by about 20p per litre! I can't remember when I last filled up my car and it's still half full.

Shame about the PfD, have you looked into ordering from the UK site? It's still a lot of shipping for one polish as it's $2 extra plus £4 UK postage, but not as bad as US shipping. I hate buying from there as it goes through RC Annette, but it's so much cheaper for just a few.

EP has a new collection coming out, she posted a sneak peek yesterday, it's a green holo polish, big deal. Tonic has a new collection coming soon too, luckily she keeps everything in stock for months, so I think I'll wait a bit until I order.
Thanks for the shipping info, hopefully they'll arrive eventually, I'm really not in a hurry! Sorry about your bills too, it's always an expensive time of year for me, Shelley's due his jabs soon too, it's mostly the second job going that's making it all feel a bit of a pinch. If it doesn't come back, polish shopping will be severely curtailed. I don't seem to be saving anything with lockdown, my shopping is costing more because offers are non-existant and we can't shop around for the lowest prices any more. Travel is on an annual card, so although I've paused it while I'm working from home, and will therefore not have to renew until later than normal, I pay for it on a work travel loan, and that's still going out.
Even from the UK PPU, it was about £17 for the single polish I wanted, just couldn't justify it - I'm pretty sure I must have something similar anyway. That's kind of where I'm at with polish shopping, if I'm not after a decent few that make shipping per polish reasonable, it has to be special to make it to checkout.
I saw the EP on FB this morning, pretty enough but again I must have more than one that's similar, and I'm not an EP junkie any more. Yay for Tonic's way of doing business, like PfD it seems much better for customers to make things available for more than a few days, gives you time to save and get a load together to make postage worthwhile.

PearlyQueen

Obviously moaning on the internet makes things move in America - my packages have made it from one place in Chicago to another place in Chicago. First movement in over a week!

Anitacska

Thanks for the shipping info, hopefully they'll arrive eventually, I'm really not in a hurry! Sorry about your bills too, it's always an expensive time of year for me, Shelley's due his jabs soon too, it's mostly the second job going that's making it all feel a bit of a pinch. If it doesn't come back, polish shopping will be severely curtailed. I don't seem to be saving anything with lockdown, my shopping is costing more because offers are non-existant and we can't shop around for the lowest prices any more. Travel is on an annual card, so although I've paused it while I'm working from home, and will therefore not have to renew until later than normal, I pay for it on a work travel loan, and that's still going out.
Even from the UK PPU, it was about £17 for the single polish I wanted, just couldn't justify it - I'm pretty sure I must have something similar anyway. That's kind of where I'm at with polish shopping, if I'm not after a decent few that make shipping per polish reasonable, it has to be special to make it to checkout.
I saw the EP on FB this morning, pretty enough but again I must have more than one that's similar, and I'm not an EP junkie any more. Yay for Tonic's way of doing business, like PfD it seems much better for customers to make things available for more than a few days, gives you time to save and get a load together to make postage worthwhile.

Totally agree with you about shopping, I seem to be spending a fortune on food nowadays. There are still some deals around (Tesco and Sainsbury's are pretty good), but I have had to buy more expensive versions of certains things because they were sold out. Or not be able to make use of offers properly because of restrictions. It's getting better now though.

Yeah, PPU UK is still pretty pricey with the extra $2 per item plus the awful exchange rate. I bough 3 polishes and a stamping plate last time and paid £52.88. Ouch!

I have a feeling Tonic might be taking part in the new FTLOP box. They haven't done one since November and all the other regular contributors have done one since (Quixotic have done two). Unless Tonis isn't taking part anymore, they were very overwhelmed with the oops sale. They offered to combine order and they received hundreds, so it took them ages to fulfill them. And now there's a new collection coming soon, plus they also do the Polish Palette with Rogue. Sorry, I'm rambling....

Anitacska

Time for some manis. First up is Emily de Molly Cubicle Gangster with Hits Glitters World Amsterda (2013 untried).

IMG_20200405_134045114.jpg

IMG_20200405_134028186.jpg

Next is China Glaze Get Outta My Space (2013 untried) with Glam Polish Once Upon a Time. The CG was very tricky to apply and it showed up every bit of imperfection.

IMG_20200407_123638005.jpg

IMG_20200407_123717981.jpg

This is Tonic Polish Empress with Glam Polish Nani. The Tonic took 4 coats, I guess that's why they amde a similar colour undie to go with it (which I don't own). But since I'm not likely to wear it again anytime soon, I guess it doesn't greatly matter.

IMG_20200409_103552325.jpg

IMG_20200409_103602955.jpg

IMG_20200409_103542947.jpg

IMG_20200409_103625437.jpg

I also did my toenails since it's practically summer here in the UK. I used Girly Bits Astoria. It looks a lot prettier irl, of course.

IMG_20200412_113723463.jpg

IMG_20200412_113746423.jpg

PearlyQueen

Time for some manis. First up is Emily de Molly Cubicle Gangster with Hits Glitters World Amsterda (2013 untried).

View attachment 67486

View attachment 67487

Next is China Glaze Get Outta My Space (2013 untried) with Glam Polish Once Upon a Time. The CG was very tricky to apply and it showed up every bit of imperfection.

View attachment 67488

View attachment 67489

This is Tonic Polish Empress with Glam Polish Nani. The Tonic took 4 coats, I guess that's why they amde a similar colour undie to go with it (which I don't own). But since I'm not likely to wear it again anytime soon, I guess it doesn't greatly matter.

View attachment 67490

View attachment 67491

View attachment 67492

View attachment 67493

I also did my toenails since it's practically summer here in the UK. I used Girly Bits Astoria. It looks a lot prettier irl, of course.

View attachment 67494

View attachment 67495
Some lovely purples there!

PearlyQueen

I chipped a nail moving boxes around yesterday, so new mani is BYS Pouty Purple (a VERY cheap high street polish I bought years ago). I think I paid about 50p for it, before I was into indies! I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality, 2 coats and dried really quickly, nice colour though it's a bit boring!
pouty purple.JPG

Anitacska

I chipped a nail moving boxes around yesterday, so new mani is BYS Pouty Purple (a VERY cheap high street polish I bought years ago). I think I paid about 50p for it, before I was into indies! I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality, 2 coats and dried really quickly, nice colour though it's a bit boring!
View attachment 67498

It's nice, but I would probably add some glitter or flakie topper on the accents to make it less boring.

Latest posts