Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Nail mail! My April PPU order has arrived, minus the Girly Bits. There's a delay with that and they asked if I want to wait a couple of weeks for the entire order or have the GB sent with my May order. I didn't want to wait, lol. I really like these, although I'm pretty sure I have a couple of polishes similar to the FM, but they're both really pretty and the stamping plate looks really nice too.

IMG_20200507_130854725.jpg

PearlyQueen

Nail mail! My April PPU order has arrived, minus the Girly Bits. There's a delay with that and they asked if I want to wait a couple of weeks for the entire order or have the GB sent with my May order. I didn't want to wait, lol. I really like these, although I'm pretty sure I have a couple of polishes similar to the FM, but they're both really pretty and the stamping plate looks really nice too.

View attachment 67610
Very pretty! And guess what - I emailed Vanessa yesterday to ask her to get USPS to make enquiries about my protos package (3 1/2 weeks, no movement).
They turned up today! So yay! I may have celebrated by buying a few more Illyrians... what can I say? I really shouldn't have, and I'm gutted I missed Fifth Element, but I got Crushed, The Chosen One, Penelope and Nova. I'm not cured apparently. But they were on sale, so there is that!

Anitacska

Very pretty! And guess what - I emailed Vanessa yesterday to ask her to get USPS to make enquiries about my protos package (3 1/2 weeks, no movement).
They turned up today! So yay! I may have celebrated by buying a few more Illyrians... what can I say? I really shouldn't have, and I'm gutted I missed Fifth Element, but I got Crushed, The Chosen One, Penelope and Nova. I'm not cured apparently. But they were on sale, so there is that!

Yay! Which polishes were these? (Just to amke sure I'm up to date on your Illyrian purchases, lol.)

You chose good ones, I quite liked 2 or 3 of those. Hell, why not, you like the polishes, no need to justify them. Certainly not to us.

I'm definitely not cured and am planning a PfD or Tonic order sometime in the near(ish) future, but I don't feel the urgency right now like I used to. Also trying to be sensible and save some money, just in case... you know.

PearlyQueen

Yay! Which polishes were these? (Just to amke sure I'm up to date on your Illyrian purchases, lol.)

You chose good ones, I quite liked 2 or 3 of those. Hell, why not, you like the polishes, no need to justify them. Certainly not to us.

I'm definitely not cured and am planning a PfD or Tonic order sometime in the near(ish) future, but I don't feel the urgency right now like I used to. Also trying to be sensible and save some money, just in case... you know.
Lol, it was Wizard, Sensei and Blueberry. I really thought they were lost!

Anitacska

I have some more manis to share. First is Emily de Molly Indigo Flow with Bear Pawlish New Baby Bear.

IMG_20200503_145828257.jpg

IMG_20200503_145922299.jpg

Next is Delush Polish Zombie Hunter. It's a magnetic, so this mai took me for ever to do. It was quite nice, but not that amazing.

IMG_20200505_135108741.jpg

IMG_20200505_135118152.jpg

IMG_20200505_135228391.jpg

IMG_20200505_135349828.jpg

Finally, my current mani, CrowsToes Taygate (over black) with Emily de Molly Phoenix Flight over Cynthia Rowley (noname) Bluey purple. The CrowsToes and the Cynthia Rowley were 2013 untrieds. The EdM is a magnetic topper, I really love it, especially those blue flakies!

IMG_20200507_130507780.jpg

IMG_20200507_130526374.jpg

IMG_20200507_130639458.jpg

IMG_20200507_130800346.jpg

PearlyQueen

I have some more manis to share. First is Emily de Molly Indigo Flow with Bear Pawlish New Baby Bear.

View attachment 67614

View attachment 67615

Next is Delush Polish Zombie Hunter. It's a magnetic, so this mai took me for ever to do. It was quite nice, but not that amazing.

View attachment 67616

View attachment 67617

View attachment 67618

View attachment 67619

Finally, my current mani, CrowsToes Taygate (over black) with Emily de Molly Phoenix Flight over Cynthia Rowley (noname) Bluey purple. The CrowsToes and the Cynthia Rowley were 2013 untrieds. The EdM is a magnetic topper, I really love it, especially those blue flakies!

View attachment 67620

View attachment 67621

View attachment 67622

View attachment 67623
Very nice, I like the first two best!

Anitacska

I have some more manis to show. First is Girly Bits Cran-bury the Hatchet with Polished for Days Ostranenie.

IMG_20200509_130141189.jpg

IMG_20200509_130328032.jpg

Next is Picture Polish Ocean (2013 untried) with Barry M Matte White stamped with Essence Rock My Soul. I also added EP Djinn in a Bottle on top of the accents. The image is from the new EDK Sea Life plate from PPU.

IMG_20200511_120908285.jpg

IMG_20200511_120925666.jpg

IMG_20200511_121102046.jpg

My current mani is Celestial Toucan Play That Game with Different Dimension Queen Narissa. Probably my favourite of the 3 manis.

IMG_20200513_123653648.jpg

IMG_20200513_123708361.jpg

I haven't bought or received any polishes since PPU. I have some money in my Paypal account and I'm itching to spend it, but I want to buy the new Guerlain Meteorites as well as some more perfumes, so just trying to decide what to buy first. None of the polishes I want right now are limited.

Beryl

Quite by chance found a Indie nail polish collection on youtube a video by Angela Clayton.She sews lovely dresses and has a ceramics dolls/figurines collection video also worth watching and a nice bedroom re-do vid.

Last edited:

PearlyQueen

I have some more manis to show. First is Girly Bits Cran-bury the Hatchet with Polished for Days Ostranenie.

View attachment 67641

View attachment 67642

Next is Picture Polish Ocean (2013 untried) with Barry M Matte White stamped with Essence Rock My Soul. I also added EP Djinn in a Bottle on top of the accents. The image is from the new EDK Sea Life plate from PPU.

View attachment 67643

View attachment 67644

View attachment 67645

My current mani is Celestial Toucan Play That Game with Different Dimension Queen Narissa. Probably my favourite of the 3 manis.

View attachment 67646

View attachment 67647

I haven't bought or received any polishes since PPU. I have some money in my Paypal account and I'm itching to spend it, but I want to buy the new Guerlain Meteorites as well as some more perfumes, so just trying to decide what to buy first. None of the polishes I want right now are limited.
These are lovely - really like the ocean mani, and that last DD is really pretty!

PearlyQueen

This week's mani is Illyrian Polish Agua Azul:
agua azul 1.JPG agua azul 2.JPG agua azul 3.JPG agua azul 4.JPG agua azul 5.JPG

This is one of those really low coverage polishes, this is at four coats - I have put it on my toppers list to try it that way too, but it's pretty even if 4 coats is a pain!

Anitacska

This week's mani is Illyrian Polish Agua Azul:
View attachment 67660 View attachment 67661 View attachment 67662 View attachment 67663 View attachment 67664

This is one of those really low coverage polishes, this is at four coats - I have put it on my toppers list to try it that way too, but it's pretty even if 4 coats is a pain!

It looks nice, but I often find with Illyrian that they're sheerer than I thought. I pulled one out to wear soon and I already know I will need to put it on top of another polish.

Anitacska

Big news, our scaffolding is gone! So nice to be able to fully open and see out of windows after 5 months! Especially in this weather. It's so warm here today. :sunshine:

Still haven't bought any polish. I'm itching to buy something, but want to wait to maximise shipping discounts, etc. I do like a few from PPU, so I'll probably get 4 or maybe even more. I have sold quite a few things on Depop, so I have some money in my Paypal account. I did buy another perfume though, but hey, I needed a treat!

PearlyQueen

Big news, our scaffolding is gone! So nice to be able to fully open and see out of windows after 5 months! Especially in this weather. It's so warm here today. :sunshine:

Still haven't bought any polish. I'm itching to buy something, but want to wait to maximise shipping discounts, etc. I do like a few from PPU, so I'll probably get 4 or maybe even more. I have sold quite a few things on Depop, so I have some money in my Paypal account. I did buy another perfume though, but hey, I needed a treat!
Yay for accessible sunshine!
I haven't seen much from PPU this month.
I've got 4 deliveries still pending: a couple of Glams to ship in June, 12 Lemmings not yet shipped (she's been very apologetic about delays due to extra hygiene work plus being a bit weirded out by Covid, I don't mind - at least she communicates!), and Shleee and Illyrian slowing wending their way through the US postal system... Thought those might have hit the UK by now, but they are very slow ATM.

Anitacska

Yay for accessible sunshine!
I haven't seen much from PPU this month.
I've got 4 deliveries still pending: a couple of Glams to ship in June, 12 Lemmings not yet shipped (she's been very apologetic about delays due to extra hygiene work plus being a bit weirded out by Covid, I don't mind - at least she communicates!), and Shleee and Illyrian slowing wending their way through the US postal system... Thought those might have hit the UK by now, but they are very slow ATM.

Sounds like it's probably best if I hold off a bit. Overseas shipping is very slow right now. (Except FedEx, my daughter wanted some Arctic Fox hair dye and we ordered it from the US as it wasn't available in the UK and it arrived within 3 days!)

Anitacska

I'm now thinking maybe I should start using my box again and send my nail polish purchases there, since it seems that FedEx is still very fast, and while it would cost more on the whole, I wouldn't have to worry about packages taking 6-8 weeks to arrive from the US. I like a few of the new PfDs and I'm itching to buy something, so I may just do that. I also want some EdMs and her international shipping is very pricey, plus she doesn't mark the packages down.

Not that I have that much money left, I ended up buying another perfume. You see I used to collect (and use, of course) YSL Paris special edition springtime fragrances and I stopped a few years ago, and seem to have missed out on a couple of them. Paris was my very first "adult" fragrance, my then boyfriend bought it for me for Christmas 1994 and I've loved it since. I think I have about 10 different special edition ones (they used to bring them out almost every spring), but I never got the 2016 one. I also repurchased one that I had used up, plus one really old one that I now vaguely recall having 10+ years ago. I also want a couple of Guerlain perfumes (Mon Guerlain Bloom of Rose and a LE Insolence, again, some of my favoruite scents), and the newest Guerlain Meteoritesn pearls. Not that I've worn any make up lately, I hardly leave the house, only go to pick up grocery orders/medication and to take/collect children to/from the ex's.

Anyway, sorry for waffling, I was looking through my perfumes to take my mind off not being able to buy polish, and it's actually been really nice to be able to buy something else other than polish, but now I WANT TO BUY POLISH! Hahaha!

Luckily I'm once again not interested in the new Glam collections, I'm sure she's done a beach collection with the exact same shades minus the flakies. It's always yellow, green, teal, blue, purple, hot pink, coral, etc. Meh.

Femme Fatale is bringing back old shades instead of a new collection and I probably own them already, so I think that's another pass.

Anitacska

I have some mani pictures to show, first is Butter London Dodgy Barnett (2013 untried) with Leesha's Lacquer Magical Masquerade. I wasn't very keen on either of these, especially the BL.

IMG_20200515_121832477.jpg

IMG_20200515_121847998.jpg

Next is Tonic Polish Hold Tight with Great Lakes Lacquer Ready for Fall. I loved both these polishes and the overall look.

IMG_20200517_135251536.jpg

IMG_20200517_135303256.jpg

IMG_20200517_135402210.jpg

IMG_20200517_135433835.jpg

This is Tonic Polish Tonicspiracy with Femme Fatale Land of Treats. The Tonic was so bright, it freaked my camera out. It's a very neon yellowish pink (not as blue toned as my camera thought). The picture in the shade is more accurate, but still not quite.

IMG_20200519_133153663 (2).jpg

IMG_20200519_133313821.jpg

I also did my toe nails with Girly Bits Defying Gravity. Bit messy and my feet are very dry, I think I need to do some deep moisturising.

IMG_20200522_135837844.jpg

Anitacska

It's very quiet here, hope everyone's okay. I've been so busy, I really envy people with loads of time on their hands during this lockdown. I'm either doing housework or one of my children need something from me the minute I sit down. Last night my youngest noticed loads of tiny spiders on the top floor: in his room, his bathroom and the ceiling of the landing. No idea where they came from, hopefully we don't have an infestation. We spent ages trying to get rid of them last night. He decided to sleep in my bed as he didn't want to wake up to them crawling over him in the night. This morning there didn't seem to be any more around. I checked all the corners of his room and hoovered up, no sign of any nests. Hopefully they came in through the windows and we got them all. Unfortunately we need to keep the windows open as it's been so warm and our house is an oven.

I have finally bought nail polish! I actually went all out and ordered 14 from PfD. They're going to Stackry, I think it's safer this way. I'll probably order from EdM soon too as she said she's having an anniversary sale soon, and then Tonic when the next collection comes out. I will need to buy from the UK PPU site as they have last month's GB to send with my order, but I don't actually want as many as I thought initially. I think I want the PfD, Nvr Enuff and Ethereal only. I don't normally buy from Ethereal, but this one looks gorgeous. I might get 2 from the FF launch (old discontinued stockist exclusives) that I didn't buy at the time. I'm pretty sure I have a coupon or two.

PearlyQueen

Sounds like it's probably best if I hold off a bit. Overseas shipping is very slow right now. (Except FedEx, my daughter wanted some Arctic Fox hair dye and we ordered it from the US as it wasn't available in the UK and it arrived within 3 days!)
3 days is impressive!
I still have zero deliveries - my Illyrians hit customs and I've just had to pay a £14 charge so they're supposedly coming next week, my Shleees have stalled at LAX for over 2 weeks, my Lemmings still haven't shipped - and I've added a couple of the new Glams to my pending delivery.

PearlyQueen

I'm now thinking maybe I should start using my box again and send my nail polish purchases there, since it seems that FedEx is still very fast, and while it would cost more on the whole, I wouldn't have to worry about packages taking 6-8 weeks to arrive from the US. I like a few of the new PfDs and I'm itching to buy something, so I may just do that. I also want some EdMs and her international shipping is very pricey, plus she doesn't mark the packages down.

Not that I have that much money left, I ended up buying another perfume. You see I used to collect (and use, of course) YSL Paris special edition springtime fragrances and I stopped a few years ago, and seem to have missed out on a couple of them. Paris was my very first "adult" fragrance, my then boyfriend bought it for me for Christmas 1994 and I've loved it since. I think I have about 10 different special edition ones (they used to bring them out almost every spring), but I never got the 2016 one. I also repurchased one that I had used up, plus one really old one that I now vaguely recall having 10+ years ago. I also want a couple of Guerlain perfumes (Mon Guerlain Bloom of Rose and a LE Insolence, again, some of my favoruite scents), and the newest Guerlain Meteoritesn pearls. Not that I've worn any make up lately, I hardly leave the house, only go to pick up grocery orders/medication and to take/collect children to/from the ex's.

Anyway, sorry for waffling, I was looking through my perfumes to take my mind off not being able to buy polish, and it's actually been really nice to be able to buy something else other than polish, but now I WANT TO BUY POLISH! Hahaha!

Luckily I'm once again not interested in the new Glam collections, I'm sure she's done a beach collection with the exact same shades minus the flakies. It's always yellow, green, teal, blue, purple, hot pink, coral, etc. Meh.

Femme Fatale is bringing back old shades instead of a new collection and I probably own them already, so I think that's another pass.
FedEx seems like a good option at the moment, I've been trying to stay non-shoppy where possible, so not really worth it for me at the moment.
Nice to get some cool stuff you love, even if it's not nail polish! At the moment I'm dying to buy some garden furniture so I can sit outside during lockdown, but I keep holding off - Morph might need more treatment, so a bigg-ish purchase like that feels a bit worrying. I'm not leaving the house at all except once or twice a month for essentials, outside seating would be soooo nice! I want to buy PfDs too, trying to hold off till Black Friday but I too WANT them! I don't like FTLOP this time, and I haven't yet seen PPU for next week, I've been managing not to buy from those for a few months. I was really undecided about the Glams, probably shouldn't have bought them, but I do have a 2 item order pending, so at least the shipping stays lower, I got the turquoise and teal, plus an older one on sale. I thought about the deeper purple and the cobalt blue too, but they were casualties of my order trimming! I'm not sure I really need even what I got, probably have something similar already to be honest. If I hadn't already got an order open, I'd for sure have skipped them.

Latest posts