Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

And I've just placed my ILNP order. She sneaked in a couple of new multichromes, their holo versions and the holo version for Eclipse, just as well as I checked the site before checking out (I'd already put everything in my basket). I got the 2 new multichromes (non-holo) as well. I think I bought 14 polishes (plus an extra Eclipse for someone) and got over $60 off as I had $27 worth of points too. The best deal today by far!
Great! I went and looked but I have so far spent way too much so I skipped it, Eclipse Holo looks really nice though. I'm several behind with their multichromes... so tempting! That's a good deal you got, if shipping had been lower I might have gone for it anyway. However, I did buy some Lollipop Posses. And I'm so tempted by the red glitter and one or two others from EP, sitting on hands at the moment.

PearlyQueen

I was annoyed with the PFD site. Items sold out as I was checking out, but instead of just removing the items and letting me complete my order, it sent me back to my cart. I had to remove the item and then check out again. Of course during the extra time, more things sold out and again, it sent me back to my cart to repeat the foolish process. I think I lost out on 3-4 polishes total, but I believe they will be back. BUT the loss of the polishes put me under the shipping threhold, so I had to pay for that as well. Not the end of the world, but not a pleasant experience either.
That is always so frustrating, I've had it in the past (Illyrian and EP I think). I got a bit carried away filling my basket before launch, I'm hoping they are nice because it was very expensive! 3am is not best time for good judgement!. So annoying to miss shipping threshold too.

PearlyQueen

Wow, that's impressive CS! Congrats on the win!
She hasn't responded to my last message with the list of colours I wanted but either way I'm happy with the response to my message - I was so cross this morning and spent ages trying to figure out what was going on, it's how a shop can turn a negative into a positive with a little care.

PearlyQueen

I got everything I wanted from EdM, so I'm done. Spent far too much. Oh well, lots of nice things to look forward to.
I had a late-night urge to buy a few polishes from Quixotic... I feel you on the overspend, my main thing is that enormous PfD order - I do hope they're nice, my other spends were more proportionate! Still feeling the EP urge but not sure, if I'd spent less I'd probably pick up 2 or 3, I'll see if I can resist for a few more days.
Glad you got what you wanted from EdM, they had nothing to tempt me which was good. I did at one point fill a huge basket from them but I had a long hard look and came to my senses, one of those per BF is enough!

Anitacska

I had a late-night urge to buy a few polishes from Quixotic... I feel you on the overspend, my main thing is that enormous PfD order - I do hope they're nice, my other spends were more proportionate! Still feeling the EP urge but not sure, if I'd spent less I'd probably pick up 2 or 3, I'll see if I can resist for a few more days.
Glad you got what you wanted from EdM, they had nothing to tempt me which was good. I did at one point fill a huge basket from them but I had a long hard look and came to my senses, one of those per BF is enough!

Did you buy from Quixotic in the end? I got a bit tempted by a couple of other offers (Cupcake, Pahlish), but didn't buy. I'm not fussed about the EPs luckily.

I do love EdM, it was one of my first indie brands and I think her polishes are pretty unique.

I'm loving the new FF collection, will probably buy 7 of the 8, or might even buy all 8.

PPU on the other hand is looking less and less interesting. Now i might be down to just 2 (FF and Different Dimension). I'll have another think when wishlisting begins.

boschicka

Nice! It's such a good deal though with the 25% discount, double rewards points and free shipping. I had $27 worth of rewards points (I always post reviews of the polishes I but for the extra points). What did you get?
Stardust (H)1
Eclipse (H)1
Love Language1
No Promises1
Royalty1
Bloodline1
Eclipse1
Hush1
Peace (H)1
Sirene (H)1
Sirene1
Valerie1
Rush Hour1
Birefringence (H)1

boschicka

Nice! It's such a good deal though with the 25% discount, double rewards points and free shipping. I had $27 worth of rewards points (I always post reviews of the polishes I but for the extra points). What did you get?
Nothing too crazy, some multichromes/holos from the line. I don't own too much from them, so sort of stocking up on the basics.

PearlyQueen

Did you buy from Quixotic in the end? I got a bit tempted by a couple of other offers (Cupcake, Pahlish), but didn't buy. I'm not fussed about the EPs luckily.

I do love EdM, it was one of my first indie brands and I think her polishes are pretty unique.

I'm loving the new FF collection, will probably buy 7 of the 8, or might even buy all 8.

PPU on the other hand is looking less and less interesting. Now i might be down to just 2 (FF and Different Dimension). I'll have another think when wishlisting begins.
I did - I just bought 5, didn't qualify for any special deals but they were discounted - shipped to Stackry they were about £35, feeling a bit like I got BF mania and got overly carried away...
I could have saved a few quid if I'd waited for my Fancy Gloss order till this week but they didn't have everything I wanted so I guess that's OK.
On the plus side it's all been paid for by flogging my old clothes, at least I've not got to worry about how to pay for this splurge! And I have some cool shiny things on the way (PfD sent shipping notice today). If they're all here by Xmas I'll call it my present to myself.... maybe open it on the day as lockdown means very few presents will be coming my way! (Maybe I should get hubby to wrap them all individually for me ha ha). Thank heavens BF comes but once a year.

Anitacska

I did - I just bought 5, didn't qualify for any special deals but they were discounted - shipped to Stackry they were about £35, feeling a bit like I got BF mania and got overly carried away...
I could have saved a few quid if I'd waited for my Fancy Gloss order till this week but they didn't have everything I wanted so I guess that's OK.
On the plus side it's all been paid for by flogging my old clothes, at least I've not got to worry about how to pay for this splurge! And I have some cool shiny things on the way (PfD sent shipping notice today). If they're all here by Xmas I'll call it my present to myself.... maybe open it on the day as lockdown means very few presents will be coming my way! (Maybe I should get hubby to wrap them all individually for me ha ha). Thank heavens BF comes but once a year.

Quixotic has nice polishes, so I'm sure you'll be happy with them.

That's so nice to have it paid for by selling unwanted things. I haven't sold anything lately. I have a few more make up items to list, but don't seem to have the time nowadays.

Lol, bet he'd love that! I don't really get anything for Christmas, my ex and I don't buy for each other and I don't want the children to spend loads on me, so I tend to gift myself. My Mum usually gives us money, she said she's transferred some for us all, but it hasn't turned up yet, so I don't know how much, but I'll put it towards paying off next month's huge credit card bill.

Anitacska

Time for some mani pictures. First is Emily de Molly Gazing Upwards topped with 17 Wishing Star (2013 untried) on the accents.

IMG_20201120_142853704.jpg

IMG_20201120_142930576.jpg

IMG_20201120_142944826.jpg

Next is Tonic Polish I Put a Spell On You topped with Cupcake Polish Ornamentary My Dear on the accents. The Tonic was a bit disappointing. I was really excited about it as it was compared to the Knight by Dance Legend which is a really cool polish, but it's just a bit meh.

IMG_20201122_113328187.jpg

IMG_20201122_131042321.jpg

IMG_20201122_132636719.jpg

IMG_20201122_132708334.jpg

This is Enchanted Polish April 2013 topped with Glam Polish Scream on the accents. I didn't like either of these. Also, I somehow managed to horribly mess up the little finger nail. I decided to take pictures anyway as I didn't have time to sort it out until the next evening and it was sunny for a change. So just ignore the little finger.

IMG_20201124_132340917.jpg

IMG_20201124_132357712.jpg

IMG_20201124_132412255.jpg

Anitacska

I have a few more manis, first is Dance Legend 95 Wazowsky topped with Polish Me Silly Green Goddess on the accents. I was really pleased with the DL, it was so pigmented. I thought I might have to put it over black, but no, it was nearly a one coater on its own (I did 2).

IMG_20201126_121333402.jpg

IMG_20201126_121355224.jpg

IMG_20201126_121426166.jpg

Next is Emily de Molly Doll House (thermal) topped with Barry M Ruby Glitter (2013 untried) on the accents.

IMG_20201128_124252217.jpg

IMG_20201128_124342988.jpg

IMG_20201128_124441568.jpg

My current mani is Glam Polish Have Mercy with Girly Bits Pocket Full of Fairies. This is my favourite of the bunch, both polishes are so pretty.

IMG_20201130_141531329.jpg

IMG_20201130_141541895.jpg

IMG_20201130_141615891.jpg

Latest posts