Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

I went a bit mad with the EdM sale, but all in all it was a good deal, 18 polishes plus a couple of nail art bits for under £130. Just bought from PPU UK, decided to not send to Stackry as I think the shipping would be about the same anyway and this way it's easier to deal with broken/missing polishes. I ended up swapping the EdM and Girly Bits for the Quixotic, so bought 5. FTLOP box tomorrow and then I should be good, I've been quite spendy, not just with polishes. I was going to buy from HHC too, but I don't think I will now.
Good deal! I bought the Lacquered UP from UK all by itself, kind of kicking myself now because I've just consolidated Stackry and started again with an Illyrian restock order... there were a couple I've been regretting not getting so I went for it, not had shipping notice yet though so not worth risking storage charges on the off chance they turn up in time. Oh well, not a huge extra cost for the UK store anyway. I'm contemplating a small Nailed It order to add to the Stackry purchases, though it's always risky when you don't know how long Illyrian will take to arrive! I think I'll also get the Nailed It from HHC to add to the fun - why is there always only one I want though? Flat rate shipping makes it feel a bit of a waste.

Anitacska

Good deal! I bought the Lacquered UP from UK all by itself, kind of kicking myself now because I've just consolidated Stackry and started again with an Illyrian restock order... there were a couple I've been regretting not getting so I went for it, not had shipping notice yet though so not worth risking storage charges on the off chance they turn up in time. Oh well, not a huge extra cost for the UK store anyway. I'm contemplating a small Nailed It order to add to the Stackry purchases, though it's always risky when you don't know how long Illyrian will take to arrive! I think I'll also get the Nailed It from HHC to add to the fun - why is there always only one I want though? Flat rate shipping makes it feel a bit of a waste.
Sounds good. Which Illyrians did you get?

PearlyQueen

Sounds good. Which Illyrians did you get?
The Wiz and Veneno were the ones I regretted, I added Sugar Baby and Black Cherry because it hardly seemed worth it for just two, plus SB looks well nice on my phone even if it's not as blingy as my usual. I sort of fancied Black Cherry when it first came out, decided against then thought what the heck as I was only getting a few anyway! Hope they are nice, I'm sure the first two will be!

PearlyQueen

Well I noticed that one of the Nailed It polishes I fancied had sold out so I decided not to hang around and put my order in. Only a few, and I dumped the green shimmer one, can get another time if I feel the need. I've also had another look at HHC and I might get the Rogue and the Wildflower as well, see how I feel!

Anitacska

The Wiz and Veneno were the ones I regretted, I added Sugar Baby and Black Cherry because it hardly seemed worth it for just two, plus SB looks well nice on my phone even if it's not as blingy as my usual. I sort of fancied Black Cherry when it first came out, decided against then thought what the heck as I was only getting a few anyway! Hope they are nice, I'm sure the first two will be!
I like Veneno and Sugar Baby the most.

Anitacska

Well I noticed that one of the Nailed It polishes I fancied had sold out so I decided not to hang around and put my order in. Only a few, and I dumped the green shimmer one, can get another time if I feel the need. I've also had another look at HHC and I might get the Rogue and the Wildflower as well, see how I feel!
The Rogue is really nice. I like the DRK flakie topper too, but I've decided I'm not going to order. I've been buying perfumes again. :oops:

PearlyQueen

I saw Girly Bits post about this, but their polish is the least interesting of the trio, so I decided to pass. The others, especially the Wildflower, look very pretty though.
You can probably guess that the green one would be my least favourite too! Wildflower and Nailed It are my two favourite new brands from my recent branching out. I see Lollipop Posse are rebranding as Garden Path, I don't know what their plans for the brand are as the post I read indicated she wanted a change of direction - have you heard anything? I see the new name is on the HHC release but the old site is still untouched and I can't find a new one. Maybe she's going PPU/HHC only going forward.

PearlyQueen

I'm going to post my new mani pics but they don't do this polish any justice at all! It's Nailed It - Wintertide:
wintertide 3.JPG wintertide 4.JPG wintertide 5.JPG wintertide 2.JPG wintertide 1.JPG
In real life this is a massively complex polish, I took about 30 pictures of it and none of them caught the reality of it. The base shifts from frosty blue (mostly) to frosty green (in lower/indirect lighting). It's stuffed with beautiful flakies, which are shifty and gorgeous. The whole thing is then completely saturated with holo sparkle (one of the things confusing my camera I think). Then it's overlaid with an almost fluorescent shifty shimmer, which mostly reads almost highlighter pink when it's a blue base, occasionally a highlighter green. When the base shows green it's about 50-50 green and pink shimmer, when it's green it also shifts to a golden yellow. The shimmer is always there, but in none of my pics. One of the nicest new polishes I've worn in a long time. I need more camera skills I think! Sorry for the long boring description, I just want everyone to know how stunning this is!!!

Anitacska

You can probably guess that the green one would be my least favourite too! Wildflower and Nailed It are my two favourite new brands from my recent branching out. I see Lollipop Posse are rebranding as Garden Path, I don't know what their plans for the brand are as the post I read indicated she wanted a change of direction - have you heard anything? I see the new name is on the HHC release but the old site is still untouched and I can't find a new one. Maybe she's going PPU/HHC only going forward.

I think I saw it somewhere that she's rebranding and will be reopening the new store. Not sure where though.

Anitacska

I'm going to post my new mani pics but they don't do this polish any justice at all! It's Nailed It - Wintertide:
View attachment 69339 View attachment 69340 View attachment 69341 View attachment 69342 View attachment 69338
In real life this is a massively complex polish, I took about 30 pictures of it and none of them caught the reality of it. The base shifts from frosty blue (mostly) to frosty green (in lower/indirect lighting). It's stuffed with beautiful flakies, which are shifty and gorgeous. The whole thing is then completely saturated with holo sparkle (one of the things confusing my camera I think). Then it's overlaid with an almost fluorescent shifty shimmer, which mostly reads almost highlighter pink when it's a blue base, occasionally a highlighter green. When the base shows green it's about 50-50 green and pink shimmer, when it's green it also shifts to a golden yellow. The shimmer is always there, but in none of my pics. One of the nicest new polishes I've worn in a long time. I need more camera skills I think! Sorry for the long boring description, I just want everyone to know how stunning this is!!!

That's really pretty. Maybe I'll put it on my swaplist.

I've been meaning to post some mani pictures, but I've been really busy and emotionally exhausted. My middle one was doing assessments and exams and my eldest was really stressed about his uni assigment. Both finished now though. But there's still the home edding my youngest, looking after Max and doing the shopping and housework, etc. I've really not had much time for myself. Hopefully at the weekend...

Anitacska

Decided to take the afternoon off: youngest was working independently and sod the housework, instead I cropped my mani pictures. Here are a few from the last 10 days or so. There are a couple more to come, but of course I ran out of time.

First is Tonic Polish Blue Razzberry with Topshop Dark Knight (2013 untried) on the accents. I really liked the Tonic and was very pleasantly surprised by the Topshop, it only took 2 coats which is amazing for a crelly.

IMG_20210430_131447532.jpg

IMG_20210430_132034371.jpg

Next is Bees Knees RIP These Fish in Particular (over black) with under sea stamping on the accents. I decided to try and do some nail art at the weekends, at the very least some stamping. The BKL was amazing, so shifty and sparkly. I put it over black because on its own it's a much lighter, bit meh colour, but it really pops over black.

IMG_20210502_120951339.jpg

IMG_20210502_121003029.jpg

IMG_20210502_121248396.jpg

IMG_20210502_121310877.jpg

IMG_20210502_121052064.jpg

This is Bluebird Lacquer Can't Pee Tamed with Polished for Days Mysa on the accents. This was nice, both polishes are pretty.

IMG_20210504_140716756.jpg

IMG_20210504_140816735.jpg

IMG_20210504_140827564.jpg

Anitacska

Next mani is Frenzy Polish Effie topped with Glam Polish Most Likely to Die on the accents. I was pleasantly surprised by the Frenzy, I only have 3 from her and this was the first I used. But I've heard that the maker is very problematic, so I won't be buying more.

IMG_20210506_122519058.jpg

IMG_20210506_144421920.jpg

IMG_20210506_144435055.jpg

IMG_20210506_144505178.jpg

This is Different Dimension My Only Love Sprung From My Only Hate with some wonky stamping on the accents (from last weekend). This is such a cool polish, I really love it.

IMG_20210508_125405135.jpg

IMG_20210508_125427277.jpg

IMG_20210508_125521794.jpg

IMG_20210509_143459410.jpg

Have I told you yet that Max can walk? Not very well, mostly on his tiptoes and he's quite wobbly, but he can take several (15+) steps in one go. Here's a picture of him in his cot from this morning, when my eldest went off to the gym and Max was wondering why he wasn't going out. He still sleeps in the cot, but I take him out after he had his breakfast and then he's free to shuffle around the room.

IMG_20210514_093653931.jpg

PearlyQueen

That's really pretty. Maybe I'll put it on my swaplist.

I've been meaning to post some mani pictures, but I've been really busy and emotionally exhausted. My middle one was doing assessments and exams and my eldest was really stressed about his uni assigment. Both finished now though. But there's still the home edding my youngest, looking after Max and doing the shopping and housework, etc. I've really not had much time for myself. Hopefully at the weekend...
Sorry to hear life's getting you down :(

Latest posts