Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Next mani is Illyrian Polish Finder topped with Claire's Holo Glit Silver on the accents. The Illyrian was really pretty, and I'd been wanting to try out the Claire's as it looks quite cool in the bottle, but it wasn't as nice on the nails.

IMG_20210528_120418603.jpg

IMG_20210528_120432306.jpg

IMG_20210528_120436760.jpg

IMG_20210528_120508332.jpg

IMG_20210528_120538419.jpg

This is Color Club Chelsea Girl topped with Nails Inc Graffiti Camden Lock on the accents, both 2013 untrieds. The CC was quite jelly like, but pretty opaque and I really liked the Nails Inc.

IMG_20210530_113442135.jpg

IMG_20210530_114954356.jpg

I also did my toenails as it suddenly got very warm here. This is Tonic Polish Oops no. 7 (Mulled X).

IMG_20210603_095757195.jpg

I ordered the FTLOP box and Love Wins, the rainbow topper. I'm sure i have a couple of similar toppers already, but it's so pretty.

Last edited:

PearlyQueen

That's an interesting polish. I don't know if i like it or not, but it looks nice on you.

I have a few manis to show too, I've finally got around to cropping my pictures. Wasn't even that busy this week, my youngest decided to observe half term (we usually just continue working through school holidays) and so I didn't have to spend ages with him every day. Still hardly got anything done, been watching Mad Men on Netflix and playing computer games instead, oops.

Anyway, first mani is Pahlish Eternity with some stamping. I really loved this, both the polish and the stamping.

View attachment 69424

View attachment 69425

View attachment 69426

View attachment 69427

Next is CrowsToes Orion (2013 untried) with Femme Fatale The Mermaid's Tail on the accents. Wasn't very keen on the CT, but the FF was nice.

View attachment 69428

View attachment 69429

View attachment 69430

This is Ciate Amazing Gracie topped with Maybelline Speckled Pink (2013 untried) on the accents. It wasn't the most exciting mani, but the Maybelline was quite cool.

View attachment 69431

View attachment 69432

More to follow...
Your Pahlish stamping mani is very cool! I'm really not a fan of the last one though, and the Crows Toes is a bit meh too - sorry!

PearlyQueen

Next mani is Illyrian Polish Finder topped with Claire's Holo Glit Silver on the accents. The Illyrian was really pretty, and I'd been wanting to try out the Claire's as it looks quite cool in the bottle, but it wasn't as nice on the nails.

View attachment 69436

View attachment 69437

View attachment 69438

View attachment 69439

View attachment 69440

This is Color Club Chelsea Girl topped with Nails Inc Graffiti Camden Lock on the accents, both 2013 untrieds. The CC was quite jelly like, but pretty opaque and I really liked the Nails Inc.

View attachment 69433

View attachment 69434

I also did my toenails as it suddenly got very warm here. This is Tonic Polish Oops no. 7 (Mulled X).

View attachment 69435

I ordered the FTLOP box and Love Wins, the rainbow topper. I'm sure i have a couple of similar toppers already, but it's so pretty.
Nice Illyrian, can't decide how I feel about the topper! I like the blue one with the graffiti topper more than I feel I should! Neither is what I'd choose and I'd never put them together but it feels really fresh! Nice Tonic on your pedi though.

PearlyQueen

I bought a few Nailed Its from the RC sale section, got my two Lacquered UP polishes I wanted (which have already shipped) and ordered one of the new EdM polishes to go with the Nailed Its. I'm probably going to pick up a few Wildflowers later today as they have a discount code on at RC for this weekend only. Oops! Glad I can get the swap from Anita for FTLOP after all that spending1

Anitacska

I bought 5 of the new Tonics as planned. I was late to the launch as I went shopping, but everything was still in stock. I do wonder if Tonic's popularity has waned a bit due to her absence. Also her latest releases just haven't been that amazing. I also bought 3 bottles of topcoat because shipping would've been nearly $10 otherwise and I couldn't be bothered to pay that much. This way I got free shipping.

Last edited:

Anitacska

I have a few more manis to show. First is Color Club Is It Love or Luster? with Glam Polish It's a Secret on the accents. I really liked both, but especially the CC.

IMG_20210601_124344267.jpg

IMG_20210601_124427762.jpg

Next is ILNP Eclipse with Rogue Lacquer London Eye on the accents. First time wearing these black to red multichromes and I really liked them both. I also got one from Fair Maiden, Girly Bits and EdM (at Stackry).

IMG_20210603_114857577.jpg

IMG_20210603_114842526.jpg

IMG_20210603_114905055.jpg

IMG_20210603_114853515.jpg

IMG_20210603_114918485.jpg

Finally my current mani, Tonic Polish Dryad's Grove. I managed to add stamping to it later in the day too.

IMG_20210605_131049639.jpg

IMG_20210605_131054692.jpg

IMG_20210606_101020188.jpg

PearlyQueen

I bought 5 of the new Tonics as planned. I was late to the launch as I went shopping, but everything was still in stock. I do wonder if Tonic's popularity has waned a bit due to her absence. Also her latest releases just haven't been that amazing. I also bought 3 bottles of topcoat because shipping would've been nearly $10 otherwise and I couldn't be bothered to pay that much. This way I got free shipping.
Oo, what did you get? I was looking but I've spent too much already this month and it's only 7th!!! I suspect once these massively popular brands lose momentum (EP!!!) it's hard to get the loyalty back - people do move on to other easier to get brands.

PearlyQueen

I have a few more manis to show. First is Color Club Is It Love or Luster? with Glam Polish It's a Secret on the accents. I really liked both, but especially the CC.

View attachment 69442

View attachment 69443

Next is ILNP Eclipse with Rogue Lacquer London Eye on the accents. First time wearing these black to red multichromes and I really liked them both. I also got one from Fair Maiden, Girly Bits and EdM (at Stackry).

View attachment 69444

View attachment 69445

View attachment 69446

View attachment 69447

View attachment 69448

Finally my current mani, Tonic Polish Dryad's Grove. I managed to add stamping to it later in the day too.

View attachment 69449

View attachment 69450

View attachment 69451
Your pink mani is so pretty, and I love your red/black affair! You have bought a lot of them though! I think I have some as well, at least on order, but I can't think what they are! I really did fancy Eclipse and might have to get it at some point.

Anitacska

Oo, what did you get? I was looking but I've spent too much already this month and it's only 7th!!! I suspect once these massively popular brands lose momentum (EP!!!) it's hard to get the loyalty back - people do move on to other easier to get brands.
I got these:

Screenshot_20210607-153318.png

I've spent a lot too, not so much this month, but this credit card billing period, so I'm waiting until the 14th before I buy anything else.

Anitacska

Your pink mani is so pretty, and I love your red/black affair! You have bought a lot of them though! I think I have some as well, at least on order, but I can't think what they are! I really did fancy Eclipse and might have to get it at some point.
Tbf, they're all slightly different. One plain, one with silver holo flakes, one with gold holo flakes, and 2 with multicolour flakies. Can't remember exactly what kind of flakies the Girly Bits has, but I'm sure it's different from the Rogue.

Anitacska

I received a couple of packages this week. First, my PPU UK order from May:

IMG_20210611_102658484.jpg

Femme Fatale UK group buy (January to May):

IMG_20210611_102547392.jpg

I'm pretty happy with everything.

PearlyQueen

Very disappointed to find out RC are dropping Wildflower - just as I've got into them :(
I missed some of the things I wanted to buy because I was waiting for their restock and they sold out on their own site in the meantime. I did add the monthly mystery polish to my Stackry orders though, just a shame none of the others were available by the time I found out RC wasn't getting them. So annoying.

Anitacska

You did buy a couple of the three I fancied, will add to swap list...
Sure.

Some very nice things there! My highlights are the Dreamland and Quixotic!
Yeah, those are really pretty.

Very disappointed to find out RC are dropping Wildflower - just as I've got into them :(
I missed some of the things I wanted to buy because I was waiting for their restock and they sold out on their own site in the meantime. I did add the monthly mystery polish to my Stackry orders though, just a shame none of the others were available by the time I found out RC wasn't getting them. So annoying.
Oh no, that's really annoying. Do you know why? (Maybe they're dropping RC.)

Anitacska

News from PfD in case you haven't seen it:

Screenshot_20210613-123013.png

Screenshot_20210613-123020.png

Screenshot_20210613-123032.png

Luckily I have all the already (except for Pegasus, but I don't want that), but I am intrigued by that last line.

PearlyQueen

Sure.

Yeah, those are really pretty.

Oh no, that's really annoying. Do you know why? (Maybe they're dropping RC.)
Thanks!
I don't know why they're no longer selling - you're quite right, could be either one of them that decided!
On another note, I want to order one of the Nailed It! customs and I've requested to join their group via hubby, also the RC one as the discount code is in both, but was thinking about getting them from Girly Bits as they're a lot cheaper there - but not if I have to pay import taxes, does anyone have any knowledge of how likely that is?

Anitacska

Thanks!
I don't know why they're no longer selling - you're quite right, could be either one of them that decided!
On another note, I want to order one of the Nailed It! customs and I've requested to join their group via hubby, also the RC one as the discount code is in both, but was thinking about getting them from Girly Bits as they're a lot cheaper there - but not if I have to pay import taxes, does anyone have any knowledge of how likely that is?
Girly Bits don't ship to the UK anymore ☹️

Latest posts